20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-thank you for the compliment, I worked hard to lose weight and I am glad it shows. My grandson is a cutie, his school sing along was so good, it was interactive to where they moved with the songs. I thing for sure I am going to cut down on my meat. I had vegetable soup for dinner last night and today I had some rice, bean and vegetable mixture that had alittle tiny bit of chicken in it. It was the leftover mixture from my stuffed peppers I madeTuesday night, plus some fat free cottege cheese.

Stepanie-thanks for the support, I am going to try not to worry to much about the numbers, I guess they just suprised me, because I have cut down on alot of fatty foods. I will continue to adjust my meals, and hopefully next Drs. visit my numbers will be lower, plus I need to avoid salt even more, I already dont use hardly any, its more the processed foods, is where I get it.

I need to run, I need to go to post office. Janice
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Janice, it would've been nice to have you down the road from me! We were disappointed to find out the house is indeed in a flood zone. It's ridiculous, too. The creek next to it is down such a steep ravine it would have to pour for weeks to flood that land. I think the new flood zones is why the lady is selling the house, she can't afford it anymore. It's getting ready to go to short sale. It was a lovely house, too. We were going to go forward on it, and then our realtor saw on her paperwork that it's a flood zone. At this point I'm getting numb to the house hunting process. There better be a big shiny house at the end of this tunnel. :expressionless:
    (Thank you for the compliments! :smiley: )

I'm about to go make some flash cards real quick before my presentation in a couple hours. Hopefully it goes well, I look forward to getting it over with. I was able to squeeze in a 40 minute jog before heading out to see that house, and back to normal calories for me today.

Hope everyone's day is going well!

-Rachel
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Rachel.. I know there is a big, shiny house at the end of your tunnel. What I don't know, though, is how long that tunnel is! B)
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So now that I finally had a chance to go near a good scale I weighed in. I am down to 243 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started with you guys at 294!!!!!!!! I will be like rayw89 and post a before and after. The first isn't the greatest pic. I took a pic of a pic on the computer. But it was taken in January just before I started losing. The second was taken last Friday. 2mrvt4ft42ov.jpg
    fvkyhmha38fg.jpg

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Esther-51lbs in about 5 months is wonderful, you can tell a big difference in your pictures, you are looking great. Your daughter is very pretty, good thing shes not into the boys yet, that will happen before you know it. Glad she interested in books and school, sounds like a good girl.

Rachel- Sorry about the house, some really special house will come your way, dont get to frustrated. Maybe after your finals you can regroup, alot of people put there houses up for sale after school is out. Dont settle you have to live there for awhile and you should really love it. Good luck on your presentation.

Hi all, I hope everyone is good. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Esther woo what a different 51 pounds make you are doing a fantastic on your weight loss keep it up.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Wow is is great to see all the pictures!!!

Rachel you look awesome. What a great accomplishment. So happy for you.

Esther, Your children are beautiful and Momma is looking good too.

Marie, Glad you are still doing well on your new way of eating!!! So sad to see all the heartache of the flood victims.
    Hope you are not near the problem areas.

Steph, Tony is home and doing great under the circumstances. He and his wife have a picture frame business and
    have a big show in Atlanta next weekend so you guessed it we are helping to finish frames for the show.
    Not your ordinary frame either. I might post a picture of the ones I finished today. He can't do anything but observe
    right now.

Connie, I see good things in your future. You are truly a trooper with a great attitude!!!

Love my MFP friends.

Nancy
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hugs Esther. Congratulations on your weight loss.
    Here's my DD at a Dance competition.
    zu0i6l98nhct.jpg
    x7rpttrgzc79.jpg
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    r003ovdtfeal.jpg
    kl57xx7lz0l1.jpg
    Picture frames I did today. Ready for caulk and sanding.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) Rachel, there is an awesome difference in your before and after pictures, and even if you can't see the change, you should be able to notice the different way your clothes fit.

:) Esther, losing 50 pounds looks great on you....your family is darling.

:) Nancy, those are beautiful frames

:) Italy, your daughter appears to beautiful and a great dancer

469367makfzcur9b.gif I am very excited today.....I planted seeds a week or so ago and today I saw evidence that four of them are growing.

<3 Barbie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Thanks guys. Without your encouragement this journey would have been way harder for me.

@italy10548 Your daughter is gorgeous too. My daughter likes the pictures.

@eyegirl777va Frames are beautiful! They are lucky to have your help.

Esther
  • rayw89
    Options
    Rachel.. I know there is a big, shiny house at the end of your tunnel. What I don't know, though, is how long that tunnel is! B)
    Haha, perfectly stated!

Esther, what an awesome difference! You're kicking a**! :D

Barbie, thank you! I definitely notice a difference, I even feel lighter. As each week passes, more and more clothes become too large. It's great for feeling the progress. I just hope I'll have some clothes that still fit by the end of this!
    I'm excited for your seeds! That's one reason for getting a house is so we can have a garden. My husband gardens on our balcony currently. Things are starting to turn green now, which is great because some of the plants got sunburned last month. Hopefully we'll have tomatoes growing before long.

Nancy, thank you!! And those frames are gorgeous!

@italy10548 I wish I could do those moves! Your daughter is very talented.

Janice, thank you. My presentation went well and I got a 100% on it, so I'm very happy to have that said and done. I'm not sure how to feel about houses at this point. Our realtor did say the same thing as you though, about a lot of people listing when school is out. I looked at all available listings tonight in our price range in Shelbyville, Taylorsville, Coxs Creek, Shepherdsville, Simpsonville, and Mt. Washington(we're doing a rural housing loan so those are our areas) and there just isn't anything great listed right now. There was one we really liked but it's almost an hour commute each way for school and jobs, so that's out. I need to just let things flow though. And the longer it takes to find a house the more money we save, because we won't have to break our apartment lease. So there are bright sides. I'll just have to start enjoying the Summer amenities here(like the pool!), and that'll make the wait feel quite alright. :)

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Rachel- Thats wonderful 100 on your presentation, maybe try looking in Mount Washington more instead of Shepherdsville, it doesnt have the flood plain issues we have now, and it is nicer in most parts. Although in St. Anthony place in Shepherdsville, it is newer and we have 3 relatives that built there and I dont think their in the flood plain. I guess you have to keep in mind where you will be going to school in Shively, but I dont know how much longer you have. I like your new plan of letting it flow, enjoy yourself this summer, use your pool, get a tan. You have awhile since you still have a lease. I have a daughter that is 27 and I would want someone to steer here in the right direction, if possible. So please dont take me a being anyway, but helpful or encouraging. Where did you get a new job at? Janice
  • rayw89
    Options
    Oh I definitely appreciate your suggestions. And I agree with Mt. Washington versus Shepherdsville. I think Mt. Washington is thriving a bit more than Shepherdsville. I'll only be in school til the end of next year, and then who knows where I'll be working at. So it's hard to guess what my drive time will be then. If school wasn't moving we'd just sit tight where we're at for another lease term.
    My new job will be at Hallmark. They were interested in me last year, but couldn't go up on the pay offer, so I declined because I was getting paid more at my job at that time. I've had the luxury of being off work since September. I'll miss it I know. I'm assuming they'll be offering around $8.50 an hour, which is really low, but it's a decent environment, and atleast I'll be making a paycheck again(I'm hoping for atleast $9). After school moves, I'll see about getting job-placement elsewhere to work more in my field of study. I think they're going to work me at full time for a little while, because they said they're desperate for people during the day. There are only a small handful of employees right now. If school starts slipping though I'll have to cut back. School comes first, a job like that is just to put some dollars in the bank and keep me occupied/on a schedule really. I hope I'll enjoy it.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    So guys I finally did it. I said when I lost 50 pounds I was going to make a watermelon cake and eat as much as I possibly can. So I hit 50 and I made a round cake which has extra frosting to hold the layers together. I cut it in 8 pieces. I could barely choke down the last 3 bites on one slice!!!!!!!!! :'( I used to be able to eat 2 or 3 slices. And the saddest part is with that huge of a piece I am still under my calorie goal. And I am STUFFED!!!!!!!!! I must be doing something right. :p

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    :) Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

My, my you guys have been busy!!

B) Esther..you are an inspiration! You have done so well! Congrats on the BIG 50, and being able to have your cake BUT not eat it, too!

B) Italy..gorgeous daughter and soooo talented!

B) Nancy, the frames are beautiful! Glad you are able to help your son.

B) Ray, congrats on job and presentation!

B) Hi Janice, Marie, Stephanie, and Barbie!

Personal training and pool this morning for me. I'm glad today is Friday because my rest days are coming up! B)

Make it a great day and stay strong, losers!

Connie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    All the pictures of children and families are marvelous.

I will have to catch up so many posts when you miss one day.

Congratulations to all the before and after pictures everyone seems to have a handle on their weight loss.
    Not so much for me, I have to get back to getting serious again. I have a gain this week and I am not happy.
    It has been a roller coaster ride and I have to get back to my South Beach book and stick to it.

I have Yoga Class this morning and I will catch up with everyone's posts later.

After Yoga I will be going down to the boat for the day. A sunny and beautiful day.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

I am so glad I found you guys!! you have really added so much positive energy to my day. I love waking up and reading all of the posts. this feels like a very safe place and I am grateful!

that being said, I woke up with a cold and sore throat this morning:( will power through today as there are no choices :|

ester, that is an unbelievable difference! you must feel so much better!! it is crazy how quickly you lost all of the weight? are you on a plan? what do you eat? funny about the cake, I had a decent amount of dessert the other night and felt nauseous afterward. system change for the better.

Rachel, great news about the job! I love hallmark stores, not as many around like they use to be when I was younger.

nancy, beautiful frames. glad your son is doing better!

connie, how are you doing? still powering away :) how has the extra calorie thing been working? did you get the chocolate almond milk?

marie, where are you?

Shirley, don't stress, it makes you produce cortisol which causes weight gain :o you just need to recommit and and get a couple decent days under your belt!

Italy, beautiful daughter

Barbie, good to see you! as always you are very dedicated to your eating and fitness routine.

have a great weekend!! make good choices!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning I am amaze at all the flooding in the Dallas area. All that is on the news this morning. we were spare from it all.But more rain is coming

I did hop on the scales this morning I did not reach my 180's this morning . But did manage to lose 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks on the vegan diet. So maybe next week so definite gonna for another week

Congrats to all the loses wonderful photo of Rachel and Esther. What inspirations you too have showed us. Maybe some day I can show my before and after. I really feel like I am on the right track now with this vegan diet I know it is doing wonders to my body. and best of all I love the food.
    Going over to report my loss on Connie weigh in topic for this lost

<3 Marie
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone <3 I was so delighted to see all the beautiful pictures this morning!!!

Rachel, you are a tiny bit of nothing :) Terrific job on your grades and finding a fun job for the summer!! Sending good vibes the perfect house finds you!

Esther, so happy that you hit 50!!!! Yay you!!! You look amazing and have been working so hard to get your new knees <3 Your daughter is beautiful! Is that one of the outfits you were working so hard on??

Nancy, I am so glad your son is home and doing better! Wish I was closer because those frames are gorgeous!!

Janice, you look terrific too!! And your little guy is too precious :)

Everyone is doing so GREAT <3. I am in the stress category unfortunately :( I could really use a couple of prayers..... A dear friend's daughter was just diagnosed with an extremely aggressive form of breast cancer and they are need encouragement to make it through the long road ahead. My second prayer is about my crazy house I have been trying to get ready to sell. Every time I turn around something else pops up and it is taking a huge toll on me. It was our family home and I was keeping it to eventually move my youngest son with down syndrome into with a care provider, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon so I want to go ahead and sell it. Unfortunately, it is filled with many not so terrific memories for me and my oldest son and it is starting to affect me emotionally being there day after day..... Now the roof is done I am scrambling for the finish line.

Then last night I randomly got a phone call from my wonderful landscape friend that just gifted me the beautiful tree for my new house. His wife learned I was planning to sell it and she wants to talk about them buying it!! A few years ago they were building their dream home and I let them live there during construction to make their lives a little easier. They always told me how much they loved the place while they were there, but I guess they really do!! God works in mysterious ways sometimes, but it would be an answer to my daily prayers and let me move on from all the difficult memories that home holds for me. So say a prayer I can push this weekend to finish up several items, clean up and have them fall in love with it all over again <3

You ladies are the best and I am so grateful for your support and friendship on our sometimes wacky and frustrating weight loss adventures ;)

Have a terrific Friday <3

Tami