Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    We don't really censor what my son sees or hears, but he also knows he's not allowed to swear. Generally, he's too embarrassed to do it anyway. However, there is one particular workout term he's heard, and he says he's allowed to say it, because it's an "official exercise term." Which is why I nearly hurt myself working out tonight when I was struggling on my last set of squats and he yells, "*kitten* to grass, mom!" Thanks, coach.

Bwahahaha!!! That's hilarious! I can totally see my son doing that in a couple of years.
    clover157 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol

One avocado = one serving. I could live on them. Yumm. I eat entire avocados several times a week.

I have pretty much stopped eating it 'cause, you know, a serving is a pint as far as I am concerned. Guacamole and Hummus are my downfalls. I can talk about them like you guys talk about ice cream on here.

And now I want guacamole.

Hummus is wonderful too. I have a hard time eating a serving when the whole container is there. I'm a little picky with guacamole but I live in Arizona so avocados are less than $1 each year round and the restaurants know how to make good guac. There is a perfect avocado in my refrigerator calling me. I'm

Oh yes, I'll join you in the dip love. I love all dip. I love flavoured hummus, like roasted carrot or spicy pumpkin. I had a spiced French lentil dip awhile back that was the best but I haven't found it since :(

Spicy pumpkin hummus is a thing?!? Gimme!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I think I ate a piece of cat litter that I thought was a cookie crumb. In my defense, I am blind without my glasses.

I gagged... I hope it was pre-litter box
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    seosaimhin wrote: »
    Confession: Sometimes I go to pro-ana sites and wish I looked like they do.

I do the same thing :( i made a completely separate instagram account just for thinspirational pix and to "help" myself be motivated to lose the weight. I have issues with food, have had periods of anorexia, bulimia, and most recently orthorexia and binge disorders. Never diagnosed because im too ashamed to tell anyone. Anyway, youre not alone. I hate myself for doing it, but it works.

Oh, sweetie! No judgment, but lots and lots of concern! Please get some help.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I think I ate a piece of cat litter that I thought was a cookie crumb. In my defense, I am blind without my glasses.

Mmm, crunchy!
    I can't remember if I've shared this one before, but it's one of my favourite stories so I tell it whenever I get the chance. When my daughter was a newborn, I'd just changed her and her umbilical cord stump had come off (for the uninitiated, at birth they clamp the cord, but there's a little bit left, which over the next week or so shrivels and eventually turns black and drops off, leaving a nice, neat belly button). I went 'Ew', put it aside and immediately forgot about it. Fast forward an hour or so, husband and I eating toasted currant buns, he picks up a stray currant and is about to eat it. Yes, of course it was the cord stump! And to this day I regret that I stopped him from eating it because it would be a so much better story then.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    The blood bank has gone upmarket. I indulged in a chocolate milkshake, some apple juice, cheese, crackers, and at least four of the SUPERAMAZING OMG DELICIOUS sausage rolls.

I justify it by having just had a bunch of blood come out. *nodnod* It's like charity chocolate - that has no calories. So, I start with negative calories because blood donating, right?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    How do you guys reconcile cheat days? I'm pretty much being encouraged on all sides to calm down for a least a day or a weekend with the logging and strict eating and have a cheat meal or two. But having my cals in the red is something I don't particularly enjoy seeing and have only done it once since starting (It was last weekend and I was running a half marathon the next day which is usually a guaranteed 950-1100 kcals burned). But I can't get past myself.

Do you just log it and move on? Or do you not log it and move on? I haven't had any of my favorites in a long time because of this anxiety. :frowning:

I try to keep a weekly deficit. But honestly I didn't have many cheat meals while I was actively losing, because it was counter productive. Typically I try to fit what I like in my calories (and again, look at the weekly deficit, not daily).

I log everything though, even if it's just quick calories.

I'd say don't stress over it, not healthy, doesn't change anything. I've seen some people say eat to your maintenance level for a day or week (or your goal maintenance). Maybe that would lower your stress. (Edited because sleepy-fingers here posted before I was done typing.) :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    Here's a confession: I make the menu for 2 weeks worth of dinners before we go shopping. I do almost all of the cooking - by choice because he would/does just make whatever is easiest rather than something actually nutritious and I'm trying to lose weight here and raise healthy kids, and also because he doesn't get home in time during the week. - but if I have anything on the menu with meatballs, or any other situation where you have to touch the raw meat; I save those dinners for the weekend and ask him to cook them. I cannot do it. If I'm making chicken and it needs to be dipped in something, you better believe I'm using a fork.
    I get grossed out by such textures - cornflour is absolutely the worst though! Even thinking about it while typing this out is making me dry retch. I found that using disposable gloves helped with raw meat/egg when I would cook for my family but I have been known to use chopsticks (lemon chicken) and a sieve. Sadly, I miss cooking for more than myself now that I live alone. I think I'd eat a lot better and with far more variety if I had a partner I could cook for.

Confession: I hate everything about peanut butter. Smell, texture, taste, sight - it's gross and if I could hate it by sound, I am sure I would. I accidentally picked up two boxes of peanut butter protein bars and didn't realise for two days so I can't go return it and no one will take them from me (can't throw it out because that would be wasteful). I am super bitter and glare at it in the pantry every time I take the fudge flavoured ones out. *kitten*.

A food panty? Homeless person? Take them to work and leave them with a "free" sign?
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Thank you so much everyone who said nice things about my situation with charlie, genuinely made me cry, because I often feel a selfish horrible person, especially at 5am (I am not a morning person).

I also felt I didn't fit in, but I love this thread, so supportive and caring, sad and funny. Its the only thread I read at the moment, it is a genuinely nice thread. I did feel a bit paranoid a few hundred pages back when people were talking about a poster they were glad stopped posting.

But thus thread has been brilliant motivation to keep me in the gym, but also not beat myself up when I slip off the wagon.

A huge thank you to everyone who has encouraged and supported my Ben Nevis challenge. I am amazed at the support given to a random internet stranger and i will pay it forward.

I don't think I commented on Charlie earlier (Phone at work - I'm not talented on that platform) but I am super impressed. What an incredible difference you are making to his life. You are not a horrible selfish person! Parenting is hard. You are amazing.

I absolutely love this thread - it is probably the only reason I'm logging in. I am still "sort of" watching portion sizes and sometimes logging calories but wanted to back off of it for six weeks while seeing how my daughter is doing with her potential ED. I'll comment on that in a separate post. I agree with all that think this is a lovely mix of the "good" in people sharing support that goes beyond the topic of the day. It is so very special.

Way to go on the Ben Nevis challenge. That inspired me to take some steps (again I'll comment on that later). I'm so proud of how you overcame the issues that were demotivating you. Way to go!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I'm behind in confessions as I've been away from a computer when I've had time to post. So here goes:

1) I spent $25 on Sharffen Berger chocolate last night. I took some to my SO's after my kickball game and he declared it "stupid good chocolate, probably the best f%^&ing chocolate I've ever eaten." It paired well with the wine he had for me. I've ruined him for cheap chocolate.

2) I am trying to be the right kind of mom / handle things well with my daughter but sometimes I think I"m a miserable failure. She's a great kid and I think we're getting her back on track to a healthy relationship with food. I'm really trying to get through to her in a way she will internalize that her value and worth as a person does not have anything to do with the diameter of her thighs or whether her stomach is perfectly flat or not. She gets it with EVERYONE else. For example, I'm an inch shorter than her and probably 9 - 11 pounds heavier than her and she thinks I'm gorgeous but she does not see that she has some room for fluctuation in her weight. She is very focused on the number 100 or 101 at the most. This is in the "healthy" range for her (and me but it's too flipping hard to maintain) She is also having difficulty accepting that genetically we have quite muscular thighs. She has lovely legs but they are not going to be stick thin unless she is dangerously underweight. She has longer legs than me and she does not have the calf muscles I have (she has a smaller variation of them) Genetically I would do well if I decided to go into bodybuilding as my legs without specifically working on them are the right shape etc. While I embrace and love my legs and my calves she spends LOTS of time thinking about hers. She is going to be training with me for a race and she is on cross country so the runner's high and regular exercise will help too. She's decently fast where I am not. :smile: We go to the nutritionist and the doctor on Tuesday. Then she goes to visit my parents for 10 days. My mom is a Food = Love person so this could be interesting. At least my daughter will have a plan from the nutritionist. Daughter is also interning with me this summer and I just yesterday had the epiphany to hire a friend of hers (platonic male friend) who is the little brother of one of my staff members. This is a huge win-win situation for all. They are good kids/good workers and they can do some projects we don't have time for. They get the experience and they also get to see a friend very regularly if not almost every weekday during the summer.

3) I've been really struggling with allergies this season. I think we're into the third month of allergies. I have cut my exercise as I get sick if I'm outside for very long. I also have barely enough energy to get through a workday. I'm hoping we are reaching the end of allergies for awhile. I'm planning on it. Today I'm going to paint my living room. It is a bright mustard yellow that was painted the summer before my divorce. It was a compromise color that I've not loved. The divorce is two plus years old so the color will change. I tried to not change the house or anything too quickly so that the kids had as much stability as possible in their lives. I'm allergic to paint fumes, even the low-fume paint so I'll paint with my respirator (that thing that looked like a gas mask) on today. (FUN!) As soon as I put it on my nose always starts to itch and of course I can't touch my nose through it to fix that! So the confession here is that there are external pressures slowing my down but I tend to beat myself up over not getting as much done as I'd like. I see it and I see it is not healthy and I"m working on it - especially because of the way that tendency is showing itself in my daughter.

to summarize:
    (1) I ruined my boyfriend for cheap chocolate (and I'm proud of it.)
    (2) I struggle with parenting and try to do the right thing.
    (3) I am working on not being so hard on myself (and it is hard because I see so much room for improvement.)
  • nonoelmo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    random tidbits:

NONOELMO is a very old screen name I used when my daughter was very young. Her first words were No! and Elmo. She often repeated the no as no no! Thus nonoelmo is a historic name.

My dogs are Sorcha and Bruno. Sorcha is a 10 year old blue standard poodle. Bruno is a pound puppy. Bruno was in the pound for four months - owner surrendered. He looks like a giant pug. He has a big body, short legs, a broken short (but not cropped, it is just short) tail. He has 1/4 inch underbite. He sounds a mess and he is the cutest and freaking sweetest squishy dog ever!! He is six. I think he is some combination of pit, boxer, something short legged. The pound described him as a lab mix (good as my insurance would charge for a pit) but I have no idea what he really is. He is colored similar to a buckskin horse - I don't know what that color would be in dog language. Both dogs are awesome and very people friendly. Bruno has such a fan club, though, because he is soooo squishy when you hug his 64 pound frame. Sorcha is a lean 49 pounds of poodle energy. I love standards and think when I'm ready for another dog I'll get a parti-poodle from a breeder.

I decided to do something off my bucket list. For years I have wanted to backpack through the Steen Mountains in Oregon. That is where the Kiger Mustang population is located and I want to see them in the wild. I am an Oregon native and keep putting off the trip (young kids, busy life, live far away.) Well, I'm going to get my father onboard and plan a trip for next summer. Dad is 70 and in phenomenal shape but I can't put this off too long. SO is excited about it also, and told me I need to get in better shape to keep up with my dad. True. Oddly enough, I've been in better physical fitness shape most of my life than I am now. I fit enough exercise in to keep very healthy but I'm not in shape for hiking in the mountains with a pack on so yes, I need to train for that! My SO is ridiculously fit (marathons and century bike rides) and competitive but my dad made him work to keep up hiking last summer.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    No real time to catch up. I have a few confessions then I have to get to making my rounds.

#1- I had a dream about a former 'complication' a few days ago. Back Story: He didn't really appreciate me and always insisted that we weren't in a relationship but he swore up and down that he loved me and told me that I was the only girl he was sleeping with and what not. Well, all lies. It's been over 3 months since I have spoken to him(he tried to stop me from filing a police report on his new 'girlfriend' who threatened my family and myself), 4 months (and 30 pounds) since I have last seen him. It bothers me that one stupid dream could mess me up so badly for 3 days. I hate myself for being duped by nothing more than a pretty face that says pretty words.

#2- I totally have the hots for my co-worker/supervisor and I struggle with the moral dilemma of holding to my own personal code of ethics and keeping my feelings(lust) to myself.

#3- I just want to sit down and cry because I've gained 3 pounds thanks to my emotional eating due to confessions 1 and 2. Oh, and Aunt Flo is coming for a visit early next week.

Guuuuuurl stop stressing.

We have all been there (well minus the new girl threats). I have had invested five years in a casual relationship with someone that I loved but that kept me at an arms distance. Oh and to match up even more I currently really really want to shag my about to be new roomate but dread the aftermath so much that even tho he gave me full permission i stick to "look don't touch"

Ps. Aunt flo is a b*tch
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Mmm, crunchy!
    I can't remember if I've shared this one before, but it's one of my favourite stories so I tell it whenever I get the chance. When my daughter was a newborn, I'd just changed her and her umbilical cord stump had come off (for the uninitiated, at birth they clamp the cord, but there's a little bit left, which over the next week or so shrivels and eventually turns black and drops off, leaving a nice, neat belly button). I went 'Ew', put it aside and immediately forgot about it. Fast forward an hour or so, husband and I eating toasted currant buns, he picks up a stray currant and is about to eat it. Yes, of course it was the cord stump! And to this day I regret that I stopped him from eating it because it would be a so much better story then.

Ahhh!!! Still a good story.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    The blood bank has gone upmarket. I indulged in a chocolate milkshake, some apple juice, cheese, crackers, and at least four of the SUPERAMAZING OMG DELICIOUS sausage rolls.

I justify it by having just had a bunch of blood come out. *nodnod* It's like charity chocolate - that has no calories. So, I start with negative calories because blood donating, right?

Man, really wish I could donate blood now, lol!

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I used to be able to deal with all kinds of weird and disturbing textures and smells. I worked in a butcher shop while in high school and college, hunted and fished, did search and rescue and found human bodies and body parts and nothing much fazed me. At one time I was even inside a used septic tank fixing baffles and yes that was a struggle but not that big a deal overall.

Then my second kid had the worst diaper output imaginable. At least in my imagination. And I've seen a lot, smelled a lot, touched lots of oogy goopy stuff. We are talking weapons grade diaper deposits.

Our back up kid -- as we affectionately call him -- will be driving in a few months, so it's been quite a few years since I experienced said dangerous diapers. But that experience of dealing with his biohazard shizzlestorm threw some switch in my head and my tolerance for dealing with smelly stuff fled the scene. Aging has affected my hearing and sight, but not my sense of smell and if I come across certain odors I have to leave or hurl.

(sorry, too late for page 666)

When I was 11 or 12, I witnessed my baby cousin have the blowout to end all blowouts. It oozed out the openings of his long sleeved sleeper. Nuclear diaper failure. It was my biggest fear when I had my son, to the point that I'd double check the diaper if someone else changed him. We'd ordered pizza that night, so the smell is forever tied in my brain to bbq chicken pizza. Sometimes just the smell of certain bbq sauce is enough to make me gag.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    Confession : I have an acute fascination with boxes. Leather boxes, cardboard boxes, small containers, it's just something about the fact that I could put stuff in it if I wanted to. Not that I have anything to put in it.

Husband had gone from asking can I use a box or container for something to what I will use the box for. Mainly cute our interesting shaped ones I like, not every since box....although I do have blue then I need.

I love boxes too! I own multiple ones and love to try to figure out what i can stash in each one.

I even bought a couple of wooden boxes at yard sales to hold my stamps and binder clips at my desk at work.

Oh yard sales and thrift stores are my weakness. I have to turn down my mom 's plea to accompany when she visits. I Always am able to find a cute box or container in one of those places!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Nope. :#:'(

• fr3smyl
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Sorry for anyone I've worried with my absence the last few days.~AOJ

I’m glad that you are moving on to (hopefully) better things. :) Have a good weekend!

Dnarules wrote: »
    I just ran my fitbit through the wash. It was facing inward in my front pocket. It appears to be working. It is also showing that I have been pretty active the last hour :) (not).

Thanks for the laugh!

Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think I'd last long as a cashier because I would not be able to hide my irritation if I was at the express line, lol! Let's just say I'm apparently not too good with people, from my experience working with customers in bakeries (but seriously, a lot of them were *kitten**oles). But at least I have stories, right?

I hated being a cashier. I know I’m not the right person for it. I once got angry with a customer because he dumped out a huge pile of coins on my register and expected me to count it out and give him bills in exchange (I worked at a hardware store...). I told him that he wasn’t at a bank and I refused to do it. Of course management sent him over to customer service for them to take care of it. Ugh…I just get irritated with people who think they are entitled to anything they want.
    Thankfully the head cashier that day was a friend so I didn't get into much trouble.

When I was I cashier in my younger days (20 years ago) in Maryland. A customer cussed me out for not knowing spanish. They complained to my supervisor saying i looked like I should know spanish (I took French in school).

Another customer complained to the manager that I was being racist because his check was not clearing (bad check). He said I was hitting a SECRET button to chase his check to be rejected.

The manager refused to file the complaint on the basis that the gentleman and I were of the same race. But no. I did not hit any secret buttons.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

I have a latex allergy so avocados cause issues. But I still pop a few pills and try some guacamole like twice a year. ;)
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So, we made it to page 666! Shall we do some spooky or evil confessions?! Or should we not take this thread down that road? I'm headed to the gym so I'll miss it if we do. I'll have to log back on later to see what happens!

I watched The Exorcist when I was 14 and a freshman in high school at a sleepover and 15 years later I STILL have vivid nightmare. I've never watched it again and I probably never will! I couldn't sleep for months after watching it :(

I confess to be a great coward when it comes to horror movies - anything with ghosts, aliens and other supernatural evil beings scares me to death! I don't like watching these as I find myself too afraid to get up to use toilet during the night and I have to have all lights on around the house... even then if I go downstairs to the kitchen for anything and my husband is upstairs, I run back upstairs as quick as I can looking over my shoulder.
    At the same time I can watch serial killers, murderers,etc without any issues at all