Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Caught up to here.

I developed a cat allergy as an adult, so no kitties for me. I do have a dog (rescued from an older lady who couldn't keep him with her smaller dogs.) She called him Bobo. We shortened it to Bo, which we decided means Big Oaf, which is what we usually call him.
    imyymv0vrtmc.jpg
    He thinks he's a lap dog:
    rx7egw35rmv2.jpg
    This afternoon, I fell asleep on the couch (after a 36 mile bike ride). About 20 minutes later, Bo woke me up, for no other reason than he didn't think I needed to be sleeping on his couch!

He is gorgeous and great job on the bike ride!
  • ahenderson0119
    ahenderson0119 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My weight loss "journey" began after having my first child and misscaring four times. Each time I gained and hated myself for failing at both pregnancy and weight loss. Went to the doctor recently and they say:

1) I need to take Metformin for my insulin resistant.

2) My eggs are bad and I can't have a healthy child.

3) We can try IVF and see if we get ONE good egg that might possibly mature and be a successful pregnancy.

That being said I went into depression and ate my heart out. I would eat donuts (plural because it was usually three plus m dew) two and three times a week. Not to mention just hating my body.

Two weeks ago my husband started working out again with a friend and last Sunday I just got up from my 3 hour TV binge and went to the gym. So...I have worked out in some manner for a complete 7 days now.

I'm still pissed, angry and mad at my situation about the babies but first We need to get healthy (like my husband said) and then we will see where it goes.

Who knows maybe adoption or egg donor...

I have had this all in my head for weeks and I needed to get it out.
    This forum has been the best thing for me to read today!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am really struggling with my CICO lately. The two weeks leading up to my surgery I stopped logging due to stress at work and some personal stresses at home. I had every intention of keeping up with my workouts at work (during lunch) but the volume of work that had to be done before I left was overwhelming and I had to skip my lunches to get work done (there are just not enough hours in a day). I did go play tennis a few nights per week so I got some exercise in but not nearly as much as I am used to. Since my surgery, my doc said I can resume eating normal food and I have been trying to get back to the CICO again and logging it accurately. I am sucking at it. @Tubbs216 had a suggestion of eating at TDEE maintenance for your goal weight and once I calc'd it out, I would be at 1500. I keep going over - usually at dinner (and with drinks on the patio). I've lost 25 so far with 19 more to go so I know I can do this (and I didn't gain any that I have lost so that is a huge plus that I should be proud of) - I am just struggling to apply what I already know needs to be done.

It also really sucks that I can't play sports or do any real exercise other than walking right now. I don't track the walking calories b/c I don't feel it is really worth it.

I am really sorry for posting my own pity party as I don't normally do so. I think it is time for a nice bath and a book.

Thanks for listening.

A bath and a romance always makes me feel better!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    As promised, pictures of my baby! I hope they show properly. :)

148ky92rki3r.jpg
    This was her the day I brought her home. Smaller than the palm of my hand!

exo2df344kkh.jpg
    Growing... :)

9wbpyqnumdzq.jpg

cv6zf8phkygx.jpg

These are comparison shots about two months apart, next to the same (mini) laptop. :)

I know, too many pictures... But she's just too cute not to share? ;)

I want that cat.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My weight loss "journey" began after having my first child and misscaring four times. Each time I gained and hated myself for failing at both pregnancy and weight loss. Went to the doctor recently and they say:

1) I need to take Metformin for my insulin resistant.

2) My eggs are bad and I can't have a healthy child.

3) We can try IVF and see if we get ONE good egg that might possibly mature and be a successful pregnancy.

That being said I went into depression and ate my heart out. I would eat donuts (plural because it was usually three plus m dew) two and three times a week. Not to mention just hating my body.

Two weeks ago my husband started working out again with a friend and last Sunday I just got up from my 3 hour TV binge and went to the gym. So...I have worked out in some manner for a complete 7 days now.

I'm still pissed, angry and mad at my situation about the babies but first We need to get healthy (like my husband said) and then we will see where it goes.

Who knows maybe adoption or egg donor...

I have had this all in my head for weeks and I needed to get it out.
    This forum has been the best thing for me to read today!

I am so sorry. I can only imagine how hard this is. But there are so many incredible kids needing homes out there. If you never have your own biological child and do decide to adopt that is doubly special. Welcome!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Meet Cobweb. It's going ok. I think it might work. Lots of growling going on right now. But at least he is healthy and cats are all interacting.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    The iPad takes crappy pictures
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

At 50 I still don't look into a mirror in the dark, I am to afraid.

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Does anyone else hate when their feet are outside of the blanket or over the bed?

When my husband and I make our bed, his side of the top sheet gets tucked in, mine doesn't. I would just kick it loose anyway so I could sleep with at least one foot free. Even when it's dead cold and we have the electric blanket on, I will wake up with a foot free.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am really struggling with my CICO lately. The two weeks leading up to my surgery I stopped logging due to stress at work and some personal stresses at home. I had every intention of keeping up with my workouts at work (during lunch) but the volume of work that had to be done before I left was overwhelming and I had to skip my lunches to get work done (there are just not enough hours in a day). I did go play tennis a few nights per week so I got some exercise in but not nearly as much as I am used to. Since my surgery, my doc said I can resume eating normal food and I have been trying to get back to the CICO again and logging it accurately. I am sucking at it. @Tubbs216 had a suggestion of eating at TDEE maintenance for your goal weight and once I calc'd it out, I would be at 1500. I keep going over - usually at dinner (and with drinks on the patio). I've lost 25 so far with 19 more to go so I know I can do this (and I didn't gain any that I have lost so that is a huge plus that I should be proud of) - I am just struggling to apply what I already know needs to be done.

It also really sucks that I can't play sports or do any real exercise other than walking right now. I don't track the walking calories b/c I don't feel it is really worth it.

I am really sorry for posting my own pity party as I don't normally do so. I think it is time for a nice bath and a book.

Thanks for listening.

A bath and a romance always makes me feel better!

Except I forgot to turn the garden hose off from watering the trees since it has been so dry (going on week two of steady 28 degree C heat and no rain for the past month). I remembered this morning and found my back yard completely sodden. I am not looking forward to my water bill next month but at least the basement didn't flood.

ETA: but at least the bath was nice and hubby had went out and bough be some nice bath salts :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    y4YkuC1.jpg

Here's my sister's dog. :smile:
    She's a great little walking partner. I just wish her owner would actually take her out for more than just using the restroom.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MFP's newest "improvement", double posts!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just got caught up from this week.

So many cute animal pictures. I'm super jealous, as my landlord won't let us have cats/dogs.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Does anyone else hate when their feet are outside of the blanket or over the bed?

When my husband and I make our bed, his side of the top sheet gets tucked in, mine doesn't. I would just kick it loose anyway so I could sleep with at least one foot free. Even when it's dead cold and we have the electric blanket on, I will wake up with a foot free.

Whenever I sleep in a hotel I have to go round and untuck all the covers before I sleep, I feel really trapped if it's tucked in. I fidget a lot in the night (and the day) and usually the bottom sheet comes part untucked too. I don't like my knees or ankles touching so I have one leg in and one out normally so the duvet as between my legs. I really liked to totally wrap myself up though. I don't like sharing a duvet and wish I had my own, but my boyfriend thinks this is unromantic.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I confess that I want to take home pretty much every animal I see. It doesn't matter if they're beloved, pampered, well taken care of family pets. I still want them. I want all the animals ever. I don't know how I manage to keep myself limited to one cat (landlord's rule) at the moment.

Basically, every person who posted a picture of an animal in this thread (and your avatars) I want them! >:)
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Yup! I have to have the duvet tucked under my feet. But I also sleep in socks for a completely different reason - my feet get cold quickly and get really bad cramps if I don't :(
  • eMka11
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 - lovely photo in your avatar :smile: - not sure if it's new as I can't see the avatars when I'm on my phone but I'm using my PC this morning.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    It is Monday, which means I am at work all day again, and gonna be worried about my fur baby.....he is still hanging in there, but is really really skinny and eating next to nothing, he won't even take the corn flakes anymore :'(

I am sorry to post about this so many times, it feels long and drawn out, but it is the first thing on my mind every morning......
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight consisted of four slices of peanut butter toast and two slices of vegemite toast.

I regret nothing.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Eee oh yes I do!! I hate if any body part hangs over the bed! I'm 29 and still think monsters live under my bed! :o

I saw the movie "Killer Shrews" when I was 8. Since then nothing can hang over the edge of the bed or the killer shrews might get me.

• eMka11
    Options
    It is Monday, which means I am at work all day again, and gonna be worried about my fur baby.....he is still hanging in there, but is really really skinny and eating next to nothing, he won't even take the corn flakes anymore :'(

I am sorry to post about this so many times, it feels long and drawn out, but it is the first thing on my mind every morning......

Hugs!