Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    It is Monday, which means I am at work all day again, and gonna be worried about my fur baby.....he is still hanging in there, but is really really skinny and eating next to nothing, he won't even take the corn flakes anymore :'(

I am sorry to post about this so many times, it feels long and drawn out, but it is the first thing on my mind every morning......

Don't apologize for worrying about your little baby! It's clear how much you love him. I hope he feels better and starts eating soon. Hugs.
  • nityamish
    nityamish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was too tired to work out for past two weeks, so I stopped eating at all during day. Continued to eat light dinner. Felt horrible and disgusted with myself when I fell sick due to my stupidity. :( Started a new workout schedule from today though and feeling better already.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That's why doctor shouldn't give advice on nutrition. I'd probably be so hangry I'd be killing people on so little food.

So I was hungry again yesterday and went over again (surprise, surprise) and today we're having that potluck picnic. My confession is that I'm kinda glad they totally messed up the app as I haven't figured out how to see how many calories over you are for the week with the new one. It's probably not very pretty.

You would think you should be able to trust the advice of your family doctor. Maybe I'm just too trusting and naive? My husband says so.

I have no idea what just happened. I messed up the quotes.

My family doctor told me to eat fat free everything because I have high cholesterol. Another example of why I don't trust doctors about nutrition.
    My weight loss "journey" began after having my first child and misscaring four times. Each time I gained and hated myself for failing at both pregnancy and weight loss. Went to the doctor recently and they say:

1) I need to take Metformin for my insulin resistant.

2) My eggs are bad and I can't have a healthy child.

3) We can try IVF and see if we get ONE good egg that might possibly mature and be a successful pregnancy.

That being said I went into depression and ate my heart out. I would eat donuts (plural because it was usually three plus m dew) two and three times a week. Not to mention just hating my body.

Two weeks ago my husband started working out again with a friend and last Sunday I just got up from my 3 hour TV binge and went to the gym. So...I have worked out in some manner for a complete 7 days now.

I'm still pissed, angry and mad at my situation about the babies but first We need to get healthy (like my husband said) and then we will see where it goes.

Who knows maybe adoption or egg donor...

I have had this all in my head for weeks and I needed to get it out.
    This forum has been the best thing for me to read today!

We did IVF. Then ended up adopting because it cost pretty much the same and at least it was a sure thing (just took a long time).

Now, I understand wanting to wait and get healthy first... but all that takes time, and you're not getting younger (no offense - but I see people wait until this and that then it never happens because they are too old!). With IVF and adoption, it took us 4 years to have a child. So honestly, I'd get started sooner than later. Wishing you the best on your journey though! My sister has been going through it for years too... It's very tough.
    MFP's newest "improvement", double posts!

Definitely not new for me :p
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess that I want to take home pretty much every animal I see. It doesn't matter if they're beloved, pampered, well taken care of family pets. I still want them. I want all the animals ever. I don't know how I manage to keep myself limited to one cat (landlord's rule) at the moment.

Basically, every person who posted a picture of an animal in this thread (and your avatars) I want them! >:)

I volunteered at the SPCA for a while... by a while, I mean a couple days. I wanted to bring home all the kitties. Didn't work out. The only thing that stops me right now is that I'm not sure how our dog would react to another cat, and my cat still goes out sometimes and I don't want my next cats to be outside cats (just too paranoid). So we wait.

I confess too that I've always said I don't want another dog but our friends' picnic allowed dogs yesterday and there were 5 there and I got major dog envy... I just haven't had much luck with dogs so I'm very wary. I hate puppies, too much work, and our first dog had resource guarding issues and seriously scared me sometimes (gave him away when he snapped at our kids), and the second one hates dogs so we can never take him anywhere, and he barks constantly... ugh.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 - lovely photo in your avatar :smile: - not sure if it's new as I can't see the avatars when I'm on my phone but I'm using my PC this morning.

@emka11 thank you! You've made my morning! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    For anyone old (like, really old - I'm 47) Doodleart is back!!
    http://doodleartworld.com/
    I bought one for my sister's birthday from Chapters but it looks like they're also on Amazon.

Ok so judging here. I am 47 and I am FAR from old. Just sayin'
    Agree totally! There are some young'uns on this thread though, and we might seem a little more 'senior' to them. I really don't feel old.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 - lovely photo in your avatar :smile: - not sure if it's new as I can't see the avatars when I'm on my phone but I'm using my PC this morning.

Yes, lovely pic. Is that your Englishman?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I confess, that is really my chest. Taken with an iPad in my bathroom, right after a workout, flexing to exaggerate things a bit. I then used the black and white option on the iPad photo editor.

I also confess, I edited this for grammar.

Impressive. There was a guy in another thread (which I have no time anymore to check any other thread as this takes all my free time) who claimed some pic was of him, and it was some British actor. He totally got busted. He kept insisting it was himself until someone found the exact same picture on the internet and posted it. He finally confessed.

I was wondering if you were 'enhancing'. :)

No problem. It's a compliment. I guess I must be doing something right. Perhaps I've become a little too vain though. I know the exact spot in my house to make my pictures look the best. It's in the bathroom with the lights off, but the lights on in the hallway. For some reason the shadows make me look better than normal. There's a couple in my profile of me in the gym as well. I was by myself. No way I'd take my shirt off when someone else was in there. I really am a bit more shy in real life.

Well I know what I'm trying tonight.

Lol.

I have one of those spots too. Mine is in the bedroom, diffuse natural light from the side and only one bulb in a two-bulb overhead fixture (confession: it's been like that for WAY too long!). I've actually taken a shoulder pic that I keep meaning to post in this thread to promote BZAH10's workout :) because the arm looks a gazillion times more defined than it does in any other lighting.

I'd love to see it! I've attempted to take some more pictures of myself, but I'm terrible at it. I think I dislike the word "selfie" so much that I am unable to take a successful one.

Great lighting but kinda fuzzy. All credit to your shoulder workout, however!

USTogmq.jpg

Holy smokes. Your arm looks fantastic!

Thank you. And thanks also to smashley for the earlier comment.

Loving all the pet pics on here!! The posts started when I was at work on Fri and not all images show up for me, so I had to backtrack to see them all when I got home. Been trying to stay caught up all weekend.
    It is Monday, which means I am at work all day again, and gonna be worried about my fur baby.....he is still hanging in there, but is really really skinny and eating next to nothing, he won't even take the corn flakes anymore :'(

I am sorry to post about this so many times, it feels long and drawn out, but it is the first thing on my mind every morning......

Thanks for the update...you've been in my thoughts... poor little guy. It must be so hard to work when that's all you've got on your mind.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    For anyone old (like, really old - I'm 47) Doodleart is back!!
    http://doodleartworld.com/
    I bought one for my sister's birthday from Chapters but it looks like they're also on Amazon.

Ok so judging here. I am 47 and I am FAR from old. Just sayin'
    Agree totally! There are some young'uns on this thread though, and we might seem a little more 'senior' to them. I really don't feel old.

Even though a lot of y'all are older than me I never think of any of you that way! Y'all are so so cool and have some great stories!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Yes, lovely pic. Is that your Englishman?

Thank you! Yes that's him B)<3
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Hugs to you. So sorry about your fur baby.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Don't apologize for worrying about your little baby! It's clear how much you love him. I hope he feels better and starts eating soon. Hugs.
    Ditto. He's important to you. No apologies needed.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    My elder son lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan, he is always trying new things. I'll ask him for some recommendations for you.

My DOH! would recommend Carnegie Deli but only if you are keen on a pound of corned beef.

Oh thanks that'd be great :)

Just make sure you get a New York style pizza- Ahhh my mouth is watering thinking of all he great food the city has to offer! I hope you have a blast!!

Mmm pizza.. I will definitely be doing that! I've also been told to get a chicken kebab from one of the food trucks aha and I really want a lobster roll. Can't even imagine the amount of calories I am gonna consume. Thankyou!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    All caught up - I'm loving all of the pet pictures on this thread!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone who has the long weekend is enjoying it! I want to hear stories about what you guys got up to so I can live vicariously through them.
    Yesterday was my first 6 mile run, it went well and so I rewarded myself with an XO Beer (beer and cognac, need I say more?) with an old friend and a great conversation. I feel like I am finally at that space where I can eat within reason and be ok, I can also eat a cheat and not have a freak out over it. :)
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

my pleasure :blush: you both look lovely!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    My son and I went and visited his grandma(my exes mom) on Sunday. She hasn't seen him in over a year. My ex comes from a very dysfunctional family. Long story short she sent home enough chocolate for him to feed a small army and I am bringing it all to work because I don't want it in the house
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    We have Monday off in Uk as it is bank holiday, I think someone mentioned it before. This weekend is all about my daughter's early 14th birthday celebration - she was out for a meal with her friends on Saturday and I took her with 2 best friends for a girlie photoshoot this morning. Now we are moving onto packing and getting in holiday spirit as we are flying over to Spain for a week on Wednesday morning. This is our 5th year of going to Spain during school May break and we can not wait to be there again!
  • ermanilabiol
    ermanilabiol Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been overestimating the kcal of my coffee. I was assuming it contained 100 kcal but today I calculated everything in detail and it's just 40 kcal. Ugh 60 kcal of food missed :D
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Hugs to you. So sorry about your fur baby.

How about baby food? Gerber Brand Chicken is easy for doggies to digest.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    My elder son lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan, he is always trying new things. I'll ask him for some recommendations for you.

My DOH! would recommend Carnegie Deli but only if you are keen on a pound of corned beef.

Oh thanks that'd be great :)

Just make sure you get a New York style pizza- Ahhh my mouth is watering thinking of all he great food the city has to offer! I hope you have a blast!!

Mmm pizza.. I will definitely be doing that! I've also been told to get a chicken kebab from one of the food trucks aha and I really want a lobster roll. Can't even imagine the amount of calories I am gonna consume. Thankyou!

There was this really good pizza that I had that had pasta and Parmesan cheese on it. It was the best and I went back twice for it. I wish I could remember the name of the place but it was somewhere between 1st & 3rd Avenues and 49th-51st Street East. My hubby, though, had pizza in Hoboken NJ (I had wanted to go to Carlo's Bakery but there was a 2 hour line up to get in so we said forget it) and he said he liked it better.

If you like steak, go to Keens Steakhouse. It is a bit pricey (I think we spent$200) but it was SO good and the atmosphere was amazing (we saw it on the food network with Anthony Bourdaine and had to check it out)