What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Lol, glad to know I'm not the only one who feels the "extra fat suit", but sorry were all experiencing it. Hopefully we will all tighten up as we progress.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    Now that I've lost 90 pounds, with 80 still to go it's like having a double body. I feel the muscle and bone structure underneath the fat. I can grab fat and skin and feel where when I finish losing weight my body might be. My fat just seems to jiggle more now, but I can feel the muscle underneath. Does anyone else feel this?

Yes! I feel like the junk in my trunk is trying to freaking escape.
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    edited May 2015
    Their 'Ultrabland'. No fragrance!

http://www.lushusa.com/Ultrabland/9999902749,en_US,pd.html#start=8

I know what it is to try a whole bunch of things and nothing works. I have given up on my psoriasis. My doctor thinks it might start to go away if I lose more weight. Though, I myself don't hold out much hope for that, I admit, I have a teeny bit. But if it doesn't work, then I wont be terribly disappointed.
    The rash itself if mild, but it covers about 60-70% of my body.

ETA: My mom thinks it might be a weird form of 'reverse vitiligo' because it is darker than my normal skin tone. Only slightly flaky and it only REALLY itches if I have dairy products, which I actively avoid(I MISS YOU CHEESE!!!!).

Psoriasis would be so frustrating! I had a friend when I was a kid who had it and steroids seemed to work for her. They thought my face might clear up once I lost weight, but 70lbs later it's just gotten worse so the doctor was so confused.

Re: psoriasis...I have had psoriasis since I was in my mid-teens (thankfully just smallish patches here and there, not large rashes) but last month I decided to go sugar and sweetener free for one month just as a personal challenge, and within a week my spots were almost completely cleared up! I was totally amazed and it was totally unexpected. Maybe worth a try to see if it would help you any?

Re: acne/rosacea, have you ever heard of or tried Arbonne products? I am blessed to have very good skin, so I only use one or two of their products, but I have personally witnessed my BFF go from red, raw skin all the time (acne and rosacea all her life) to beautiful clear skin. She fell so in love with the product that she started selling it herself. It really is fantastic stuff, 100% natural, no fragrance, etc. Maybe check it out?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I was cold last night and I put my hands between my thighs to warm them, to my disappointment I didn't find much warmth there either. I think I'm starting to form a gap, I am both happy, because wearing skirts and dresses will be easier, but sad because of this cold. I wonder if I will survive next winter lol.

There are jeans with thermal linings. lol
  • GtbFitBrit
    GtbFitBrit Posts: 42 Member
    Being ACTUALLY handicapped, I get really annoyed when large girls take the handicapped stall. It's NOY for you...it's for us who really need it. Please...a little respect.

I use the handicap stall b.c i have a giant double stroller that i dont want to leave outside of a stall..
  • linstapler
    linstapler Posts: 30 Member
    I don't necessarily need to wear tight fitting clothes to show off my new body. Some loose blouse or shirts actually looks very "kawaii" or even sexy instead of frumpy on me.
  • smantha32
    bump
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    I was cold last night and I put my hands between my thighs to warm them, to my disappointment I didn't find much warmth there either. I think I'm starting to form a gap, I am both happy, because wearing skirts and dresses will be easier, but sad because of this cold. I wonder if I will survive next winter lol.

There are jeans with thermal linings. lol

Lol, I hope I won't need them lol

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    That I would be a caloric value dictionary. Works great if I have to eat out. I can stay within my limits without worrying about how many calories I ate until I got home...(which was the case before)
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    -Junior's clothing do not have business appropriate attire making it difficult to find something that works. When you're short like me, Women's size 4 can be too baggy.
    -Clearance rack has more in my size than before!
  • smantha32
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    d439c3c3f1fa56be887510dc8d012b0f.jpg

LMAO.. awesome.
  • ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    That the styles that are considered suitable for my body shape are a lot less important once you've lost weight.

For example, I bought the first swimsuit that I've actually liked since elementary school. I used to have to deal with whatever they had available, which SUCKED because I am majorly pear shaped, and most of the plus size bathing suits are made for women with DDs or higher - I've always been a very modest b cup.

But for the first time in my adult life, I was able to buy a bathing suit that I love without trying on 50 others before breaking down in tears...because now my hips are more proportional to my top, so I can wear any style, not just halter tops :smiley:
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    d439c3c3f1fa56be887510dc8d012b0f.jpg

LMAO.. awesome.

Except in dieting to you want your spare tire to be flat, but not on your bike
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member

Saving your armpits is much more difficult, because there's more gap and the razor doesn't fit properly so you can't shave as closely.

Try waxing! It's a bit painful but it lasts for nearly two weeks. :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!