feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's goals:
    - double bootcamp and push, push, push
    - eat well under calorie target to buy some flexibility later in the week
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    only one cup of coffee (already drank, so no more today)
    no munching during dinner prep or later evening
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals:
    Hit calorie target.

That's it.

50 cals over on a 1220 daily goal. Am ok with this, it was all nutritious food.

SPECTACULAR!!!!
  • bri170lb
    Options

bri170lb wrote: »

Just for today ( Tuesday May 26)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Aqua-fit class :smile:
    3. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today ( Wednesday May 27)
    1. Early morning walk/jog
    2. Exercises for Biggest Lose Challenge
    3. Housework & laundry
    4. Go to post office
    5. Pay for Youth Group retreat for kids
    6. Stick to 1200 calories

I'm sitting here on my deck, soaking up some rays, listening to the birds singing, drinking coffee...ah...

......I've got a very busy day ahead, I really should....get another cup of coffee... :wink:

• bri170lb
    Options
    After some soul searching I decided to add to today's list...
    7. PRAY..Invite God to bless my food and exercise.
    8. MEASURE...be very careful to count accurately.
    9. WATER...Drink 6 bottles of water today.

Now I really do need to get on the ball!

Have a great day everyone. :smiley:
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Just for Today:
    1. Stay in cal limits-- :)
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea--Not quite but close
    3. Exercise 15 min.-- :'( Still sick, miserable. Actually, if coughing is exercise, I think I probably got HOURS!!!!

JFT:
    1. Stay in cal limits
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Try again at exercise
    4. Stay in prayerful "posture"--alot is going on in my home right now...actually some really good things, so it will be good to stay vigilant :)

Happy Wednesday all!

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Amen! Your #7 is just right on! Grace to you today in accomplishing all of your goals!!! (p.s., thanks for your response to my message :) )

• bri170lb
    Options

[/quote]

Amen! Your #7 is just right on! Grace to you today in accomplishing all of your goals!!! (p.s., thanks for your response to my message :) )

[/quote]

Right back atcha! :smile:

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    This thread seems very quiet...where has everybody gone?

I am lost....and struggling to find my way back. :'(

I have been lost too! I am trying to get it together but struggling. I have come to the conclusion work takes up too much of my time. hahahahaha. I did get both of my gardens planted over the weekend and tons of yard work done. Maybe I need to focus on the things I have accomplished rather than the things I have not.

Goals for today
    1.) Be proud of myself for what I can do today. Hey, I made it to my 8-5 job, that is accomplishment right there.
    2.) Take dog for a short walk tonight, step by step
  • suzecooks
    suzecooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    just for today:
    Stay in 1200 - 1400 calorie range
    Fit in 30 minutes cardio

Yesterday goals met!
  • suzecooks
    suzecooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling too. Being here really helps. If I plan ahead for one day and log my food, day two is usually good too!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    losingrae wrote: »
    This thread seems very quiet...where has everybody gone?

I am lost....and struggling to find my way back. :'(

I have been lost too! I am trying to get it together but struggling. I have come to the conclusion work takes up too much of my time. hahahahaha. I did get both of my gardens planted over the weekend and tons of yard work done. Maybe I need to focus on the things I have accomplished rather than the things I have not.

Goals for today
    1.) Be proud of myself for what I can do today. Hey, I made it to my 8-5 job, that is accomplishment right there.
    2.) Take dog for a short walk tonight, step by step

It looks like a lot of us are struggling right now. I am doing better, but have just been so busy with work, and then trying to get in garden work, walking, etc. But the bad part is that I stopped logging my food and exercise, and coming on here for support, encouragment, and to give back to others. I know that helps me to keep going.

So just for today
    LOG all my food. Yes, I am busy, but come on. It does not take that long, and it makes me feel more in control!
    LOG my exercise. It is a good thing, because then I can look back on days when I am discouraged, and find some good things that I did do.

SO yes you guys who are struggling --- Like Ruby said, we have to look at the positives that we have done! And sometimes, that is just getting up, making it through the day, and being proud of ourselves!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Now I really do need to get on the ball!

Have a great day everyone. :smiley:

I love your quotes. Yes, prayer is the best thing we can all do. We all have so much to be thankful for!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    My being sick sure doesn't help for keeping track here. And yes, Saragirl, I hear you--a couple days can feel like weeks! I've had laryngitis for 3 days and I'm sure my family is enjoying the whispering, Ha ha!

Just for Today:
    1. Stay in cal limits
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 15 min.

Happy Tuesday, all! :)

Hope you feel better soon!
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Wednesday's goals:
    - double bootcamp and push, push, push
    - eat well under calorie target to buy some flexibility later in the week

Yesterday to double bootcamp
    50 calories under net goal for day. Could have been more but I let myself get too hungry then succombé to ice cream!

And... it was an okay day.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goals:
    - enjoy my day off with my 2 nieces
    - stop when I'm full during the picnic lunch my sister is kindly preparing for us
    - hit within 50 cals of daily target

Keep going everyone. .. yes we have our ups and downs. And we can do this.

Someone once said to me one of the challenges of being overweight for a long time is that we can start to believe that we are just 'fat people' and that belief in itself can get us eating stuff we shouldn't "because that's what 'fat' people do". I am definitely guilty of making it part of my personality eg by joking about my love of chocolate or cake at any opportunity. But it's not my personality. I am 'me' and separate from my current weight. And so much more than just one physical aspect of myself.

So instead of making choices based on the 'fat person' you may think you are..... what would it be like if you made choices based on a belief that you are a slim, healthy person underneath... you're just carrying a few extra pounds (that you no longer need) at the moment.
    What food and exercises would a naturally slim person make? What if you made some of those choices today, knowing that's who you really are?

We need to behave the way slim people do now... cos that's what we will ALL be outwardly (as well as underneath) when we meet our goals. So let's get some practice in!

Play with it and imagine yourself as a slim healthy person and notice what positive effects that has on your choices.

Smiles and joy to you all.
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thursday's goals:
    - stop when I'm full during the picnic lunch my sister is kindly preparing for us

Someone once said to me one of the challenges of being overweight for a long time is that we can start to believe that we are just 'fat people' and that belief in itself can get us eating stuff we shouldn't "because that's what 'fat' people do". I am definitely guilty of making it part of my personality eg by joking about my love of chocolate or cake at any opportunity. But it's not my personality. I am 'me' and separate from my current weight. And so much more than just one physical aspect of myself.

So instead of making choices based on the 'fat person' you may think you are..... what would it be like if you made choices based on a belief that you are a slim, healthy person underneath... you're just carrying a few extra pounds (that you no longer need) at the moment.
    What food and exercises would a naturally slim person make? What if you made some of those choices today, knowing that's who you really are?

We need to behave the way slim people do now... cos that's what we will ALL be outwardly (as well as underneath) when we meet our goals. So let's get some practice in!

Play with it and imagine yourself as a slim healthy person and notice what positive effects that has on your choices.

Well said!!!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thursday's goals:

This is great, you are an awesome writer. I totally do that, I call myself the "fat girl", I guess I never realized how that is holding me back. Never made my walk tonight, ended up in a huge family disagreement. Stressful, aweful & draining. We ended on a better note. I think meditation needs to become a goal.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Thursday's goals:

SO well said, and so much to think about!! Thank you so much -- a lightbulb moment!
  • bri170lb
    Options

Just for today ( Wednesday May 27)
    1. Early morning walk/jog :smile:
    2. Exercises for Biggest Lose Challenge :smile:
    3. Housework & laundry :smile:
    4. Go to post office arrrrrg..i forgot!
    5. Pay for Youth Group retreat for kids :smile:
    6. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    7. PRAY..Invite God to bless my food and exercise. :smile: