Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    3oxpozmz03g1.jpg

Deconstructed taco bento! Arb!

There's some chicken in there, feta, corn relish, haricot verts (my new favorite word), strawberries, and pineapple... And a couple of corn tortillas that were crushed in transit, but they were just as tasty when I heated the sad tortilla pieces up on a plate with the chicken, feta, and corn.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First post and first bento :)

Top: Breakfast - Medium-boiled egg (bunny fail), Grey Poupon mustard in the bear, and pickle flowers, with apples and blackberries.

Bottom: Lunch - Tuna salad, multigrain crackers, yellow bell pepper, Tillamook medium white cheddar, celery, and homemade hummus in the pig.

Hi everyone!

ni8gnedgpx3q.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »

Top: Breakfast - Medium-boiled egg (bunny fail), Grey Poupon mustard in the bear, and pickle flowers, with apples and blackberries.

Bottom: Lunch - Tuna salad, multigrain crackers, yellow bell pepper, Tillamook medium white cheddar, celery, and homemade hummus in the pig.

Hi everyone!

ni8gnedgpx3q.jpg

Thanks for spending your first post here! Your bento looks great (with the exception of the pickles which in my opinion should be wiped off the face of the earth, but that's just my problem :wink: )

• sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    tuqgl10g4j9x.jpg

Not a very pretty bento but here it is:

Layer one: mexi corn with green muskmelon

Layer two: green chile chicken enchiladas and tomato/onion/sour cream salad stuff
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Hi everyone!

ni8gnedgpx3q.jpg

That's a very impressive first bento! It looks delicious, ESPECIALLY the pickles :P
  • sagj
    Options

Hi everyone!

ni8gnedgpx3q.jpg

Thanks for spending your first post here! Your bento looks great (with the exception of the pickles which in my opinion should be wiped off the face of the earth, but that's just my problem :wink: )

Pretty!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @sagj, you made my day!
  • LilSweet2015
    LilSweet2015 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Hi everyone!

ni8gnedgpx3q.jpg

Welcome to our obsession! Looks beautiful! I looooovvveee tuna salad.
  • sagj
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @sagj, you made my day!

That's good, I meant every word! ;)

@piheart Your box is nice too!
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the warm reception (: It means a lot! Your bentos are all so inspiring to me I had to post here first. Keep up the amazing work!! I can't wait to make more!!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Hi everyone!

ni8gnedgpx3q.jpg

Kirei na! My first bento certainly wasn't so neat..... And I'm a +1 on the pickles. Then again, considering I use a pickled plum in nearly every bento, it's not surprising.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Although I'm now retired and really have no need to make a lunch bento, I wanted to pipe in to say A thousand times thank you for this very positive, happy, uplifting & energizing thread!
    It's been an absolute pleasure to read this evening.

I have a round container that is divided in to 3 sections, 1 large and 2 of equal size, and I wanted you to know that I was inspired by your thread to use it for tonight's dinner. :smiley:
    In the large section was a beautiful salad of romaine, tomato, vidalia onion, chickpeas with yogurt ranch dressing; in one section was shrimp with dill and the other was cherries for dessert.
    It made me very happy to look at it and eat it.

Again, thank you so much for contributing so positively to the forums with your wonderful 1st post.

~ Karen
  • sagj
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5z5ml2ko33k6.jpg

Today's Lunch:

Layer one: Green chile chicken enchilada and Brussel sprout slaw with pumpkin seeds and dried mango

Layer two: apricots and salad with mixed super greens, red onions, chicken, and a little white cheese. Served with chipotle dressing.
  • sagj
    Options
    Birder155 wrote: »
    Although I'm now retired and really have no need to make a lunch bento, I wanted to pipe in to say A thousand times thank you for this very positive, happy, uplifting & energizing thread!

I have a round container that is divided in to 3 sections, 1 large and 2 of equal size, and I wanted you to know that I was inspired by your thread to use it for tonight's dinner. :smiley:
    In the large section was a beautiful salad of romaine, tomato, vidalia onion, chickpeas with yogurt ranch dressing; in one section was shrimp with dill and the other was cherries for dessert.

Again, thank you so much for contributing so positively to the forums with your wonderful 1st post.

~ Karen

What a lovely post! Welcome to the group Karen :)
  • sagj
    edited May 2015
    Options
    evp70fjm6wmk.jpg

Tomorrow's bento:

Layer one: mixed super greens salad with tomatoes and pecorino Romano and Italian dressing

Layer two: Italian sausage and peppers and onions in vodka sauce
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Birder155 wrote: »

~ Karen

You're very welcome. Being able to 'eat with the eyes' always makes a meal taste better. IMO that's why people go gaga for those fancy fondant cakes, even though in most cases they don't taste very good. Making my bento has replaced my hobby fancy cupcake baking. Better on the hips that's for sure.

That and my plan for bento world domination is slowly coming to fruition! Muahahahahahahahaackackcoughcoughsplutter....
    msp40aauw6t1.gif

On that note, my bento for Monday:
    m40b4onfc29w.jpg
    Tomorrow's Bento has rice (with wakame/shiso furikake), umeboshi, marinated egg, a piece of smoked salmon and mixed veg. It comes tojust under 360 Cals.
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    sagj wrote: »
    evp70fjm6wmk.jpg

Tomorrow's bento:

Layer one: mixed super greens salad with tomatoes and pecorino Romano and Italian dressing

Vodka sauce?! That looks so tasty, would you mind sharing the recipe? :)
    That and my plan for bento world domination is slowly coming to fruition! Muahahahahahahahaackackcoughcoughsplutter....
    msp40aauw6t1.gif

m40b4onfc29w.jpg
    Tomorrow's Bento has rice (with wakame/shiso furikake), umeboshi, marinated egg, a piece of smoked salmon and mixed veg. It comes tojust under 360 Cals.

World bento domination wouldn't be such a bad thing :wink:

On another note, its 8am and your lunch has me salivating! Your salmon looks delish!

g3rky0yj1p3m.jpg

Today's lunch is left over roast again. Slow cooked lamb, roast potatoes, feta stuffed portabello mushroom and steamed veggies. Top tier is the usual banana and apple.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    madiao wrote: »
    sagj wrote: »
    evp70fjm6wmk.jpg

Tomorrow's bento:

Vodka sauce?! That looks so tasty, would you mind sharing the recipe? :)
    msp40aauw6t1.gif

m40b4onfc29w.jpg

World bento domination wouldn't be such a bad thing :wink:

On another note, its 8am and your lunch has me salivating! Your salmon looks delish!

g3rky0yj1p3m.jpg

Today's lunch is left over roast again. Slow cooked lamb, roast potatoes, feta stuffed portabello mushroom and steamed veggies. Top tier is the usual banana and apple.

It tasted as delicious as it looked ^_^. Yours has made me want stuffed mushrooms...
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options

It tasted as delicious as it looked ^_^. Yours has made me want stuffed mushrooms...

Stuffed mushroom was delicious too :smile:
  • sagj
    edited June 2015
    Options
    l04g26aq3ijk.jpg

Today's box:

Layer one-super greens salad with yellow and red tomatoes and ham and horseradish cheddar roll ups

Layer two- shrimp with shrimp sauce, blanched broccoli and carrots with some smoked gouda Alfredo sauce (just trying to use up, nothing to see here ;) ) and some black grapes

I'll also have some ranch dressing and a dark cherry chai yogurt on the side. Total calories is about 572 kcal.

@madiao- Thank you. I'm not sure it is really a recipe since it was jarred vodka sauce (pictured above with my bento today). All I did was put an oil of choice in the pan (coconut in this case), cook the thinly sliced onions for a couple minutes, throw in some sliced bell pepper from the freezer, add some Italian type dried herbs, cook everything through, add some of the pictured sauce, mix and warm through. I was aiming for Italian sausage and peppers :)