What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having a big bowl of minestrone with homemade bread and butter.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Supper was leftover pineapple chicken, grilled chicken thigh, yellow rice and deviled egg {not pictured}, and a new pot of green beans and potatoes, and a fresh salad. Most everything in the salad but the onion was from the garden. A little later I had some of my low sugar frozen strawberry dessert. It was all very good.

kt3z23rid8y1.jpg
    cm1tkbr9w2v3.jpg
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    steak from last night and scrambled eggs with a TON of egg whites.
    PLgb4st.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    We had more of the salad, but also three new dishes for supper. I had made steak and chicken stir-fry for lunch, and had a little of it left over. We did un-stuffed cabbage {with whole hog sausage, ground turkey, peppers. garlic, tomatoes and onion} served over rice. But the star of the show was the acorn squash {with butter and brown sugar}. It could have been served as dessert it was so good.

s967345in5sa.jpg
    0lia4q0affdd.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Potato salad with corn off the cob, onion, tomato, roasted red and green bell pepper, chicken, balsamic, pecorino, and lime; red bell pepper; and bing cherries.

u6f0t09p9f5c.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I joined Margie and her friend Cookie for an early supper at Main Street Station. They were going on to the Blountstown High School graduation, and I back to work. I had the rib eye, grilled shrimp, black beans and a sweet potato. Pretty good.

xhayyc961se2.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper tonight was steak and chicken stir-fry, un-stuffed cabbage over rice, green beans and a roll. It was pretty good.

2ll5pzoxv7wm.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Cheese omelette, bacon, steamed green beans and cauliflower, and cherries.

9p30yyauzjkt.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Silly, rabbit. Those are brussel sprouts. :D:p;)
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    BLT sandwhich!! Turkey bacon of course lol
  • mygnsac
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

Oops. Chalk it up to yet another senior moment. ;)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

I was going to say, that's some strange looking cauliflower!

• mygnsac
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    mygnsac wrote: »

I was going to say, that's some strange looking cauliflower!

Well, they say you can transform cauliflower into all sorts of things. ;)

A big ol' cheeseburger. We went to Nation's Giant Hamburgers today. My first time there. So good. Then we stopped at the park on the way home and walked some of it off. Then we stopped at the frozen yogurt shop and had a scoop of gelato! Call it a lost weekend. :#

dtupflu5poda.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I had an afternoon wedding at work today, so I was able to have supper at home tonight. A rare treat on a Saturday night. Margie did all the cooking, all I did was come home and eat. It was a cucumber, onion, pepper, squash and tomato salad, Cole slaw, shrimp marinated in Italian dressing + Cajun spices, green beans and potatoes, and toasted baguette slices. {The blue lake bush beans are on the way out, but the Filipino pole beans are just starting to produce. This was a combination of the two} Everything was really good. Dessert will be fresh picked blueberries and ice cream.

jsk9wceuf8mo.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

Dessert will be fresh picked blueberries and ice cream.

I forgot to mention Angel food cake.

mvmfykmr56il.jpg

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We are on a two week trip in our camper through Colorado, Wyoming, and now Spearfish, South Dakota. Have had some less than memorable meals (hot dogs and pretzels) but tonight was a good one:

Thick cut strip steak which I cut in half before grilling, baked potato, asparagus, and a nice bottle of Italian wine.

9ubc56ibt7kl.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    ^ Krugerri, that looks so good! I hope you are enjoying your trip.

Tuna salad sandwich with TJ's no-salt albacore, onion, garlic, chopped asparagus, cucumber, spinach, dill pickle, romaine, garlic salt, black pepper, mayo, and a little mustard.

zxno7q36ngmj.jpg
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Smoked then slow braised chicken breast. I'll chop the meat, add a little more of my rub then serve it on homemade fat free rolls. Yogurt based cole slaw, watermelon for dessert.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper was Cole slaw, half a fried chicken breast, salad, un-stuffed cabbage over rice and green beans and potatoes. Later had a slice of Margie's new blue boy {kind of like blueberry buckle} with ice cream. She used less sugar and butter for the blue boy, and it is only 161 calories per 55g serving.

ordxhd1xs321.jpg
    uh4b7twlo3ig.jpg
    mdwibr5qfw2w.jpg

Larro's Blue Boy
    Ingredients
    1 cups all-purpose flour
    1/3 CUP SUGAR
    1 teaspoons baking powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/3 CUP butter
    1/4 cup milk
    1 eggs
    1 ½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
    1 TABLESPOON SUGAR
    ½ teaspoon cinnamon
    Directions
    Preheat oven 350 degrees and spray a 8-inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
    Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter, milk and egg. Mix for 3 minutes.
    Pour batter into the prepared pan, evenly sprinkle the blueberries on top.
    In a small bowl, combine the 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over blueberries. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    We swung by my parents' house on Saturday morning and somehow ended up inviting them over for a smoked meal.
    We made teriyaki smoked salmon, old bay smoked shrimp, BBQ/Buffalo smoked wings, a mesclun salad, corn on the cob, and my mom brought over a Mexican dip and some caprese salad.