What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm back in all my skinniest pants! And my boyfriend said I look thinner. :p
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Two co-workers have asked me today if I've lost weight! Too bad we can only wear jeans on Friday. ;)
  • lay011
    lay011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A friend who hadn't seen me in about a year told me how great my skin looked and then yesterday the folks who work at the front desk in my condo bldg told me my skin looked great too. Even if I'm not getting overnight results with my weight loss its good to know that good nutrition has other benefits too :-) I just turned 29 and my skin is clearer and healthier than ever before :-)
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Did two pull ups!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    When I was looking at the back of my hair in the mirror, I noticed the bad back rolls I had cringed at seeing last year are gone! I even moved around a bit and moved my bra to make sure I was seeing it correctly. lol
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    My husband and I usually go to the pool together before work a few times a week. We were meant to go on Wednesday but my husband wasn't feeling it, so we delayed it to today. I was all ready to go this morning and he was slow getting up and ready. So I went on my own and told him to make his own way to the train this morning. I almost didn't go, then I told myself I don't need to let his lack of Friday morning motivation derail me for the day. And I had a great swim :-) So glad I went.

This. My husband got me a race late last weekend (I offered to go alone, he insisted) and now I'm doing THIS
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I cycled to the middle of town this morning and then sat by the lake for about 20 mins. Cycling there is easier. It's almost all down hill. Getting home is the hard part. I'm a bit disappointed I had to walk up hill to get home most of the way. But I try to remind myself that just a couple weeks ago I thought it would take me all summer just to be able to ride to town.
  • yaboyshinji
    yaboyshinji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been going through some mega heartbreak and stress recently, but instead of crying and binge eating, I've been working out and taking care of my body!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I've been going through some mega heartbreak and stress recently, but instead of crying and binge eating, I've been working out and taking care of my body!

Great NSV!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Awesome.....it helps to move your focus.....I find it helps me as well!
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    Today a coworker mentioned ice cream and I said ice cream sounds good. Then another coworker laughed and said, "you better stop or you're gonna get fat like the rest of us." It felt good to hear that someone didn't think of me as someone in the fat category! 65 pounds ago it was a different story...

• hearts77
    hearts77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I took a bite from a giant chocolate chip cookie today but it wasn't as tasty as expected so I decided not to waste the calories. I can't remember the last time I didn't finish a cookie!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I managed to get both feet off the ground in crow pose today, for all of about 2 seconds :D I'm so excited! Now I just need to work on holding it...
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Today a coworker mentioned ice cream and I said ice cream sounds good. Then another coworker laughed and said, "you better stop or you're gonna get fat like the rest of us." It felt good to hear that someone didn't think of me as someone in the fat category! 65 pounds ago it was a different story...

These moments are priceless!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I cycled to the middle of town this morning and then sat by the lake for about 20 mins. Cycling there is easier. It's almost all down hill. Getting home is the hard part. I'm a bit disappointed I had to walk up hill to get home most of the way. But I try to remind myself that just a couple weeks ago I thought it would take me all summer just to be able to ride to town.

Excellent! When my co-workers are amazed at how far I can cycle, I tell them that getting the strength and stamina doesn't really take long to build. I should show them your post, so that they can see it's not just me.

My NSV is a small one but is really mentally huge for me. For the first time in my life, I am drinking my morning tea without sugar. I didn't think I would ever do that.

• BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yesterday when i got home from work there was a bunch of free stuff where a neighbor had left including a treadmill! Maybe its a score more than victory but i did drag it back to my apartment alone!

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @Fitby45 lol, if anyone had told me 8 months ago I would drink unsweetened green tea and like it! I would have thought they were crazy.
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I start a new job Monday and I have to dress nice, I went to get shirts and I was a 2X before I lost some weight, I grabbed some shirts and while trying them on, I kept thinking "this 1 will probably be too small"...well, they ALL fit! I am now wearing an XL!! And I am nowhere close to being done...gives me a little hope that I'll wear a small 1 day!
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started an 8 week bikini challenge (just completed week 3) with 6 friends. They all quit within the first week.
    I realised I don't need them to motivate me because the way I feel and the tiny results I am seeing, are enough motivation for me to keep going! :)
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Plugged my lifts into strstd.com, and hit Intermediate on all of them except my (girly, still novice ranked) bench press.

Working on getting my bench up but I was pretty proud of that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!