Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kingskid207
    kingskid207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.

OMG me too!!! I've been battling IBS for about 15 or so years! You can set you watch by my husband's 'movements'. Damn it! And people who are 'regular' just don't understand our pain :-(

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    BOOM! Told ya! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it @Italian_Buju and @quiksylver296
    I'm dreading the day my hubby tries to use my excess tummy skin as a blanket.....yes its getting that bad :(

Confession: I just spent over an hour going through the first 20+ pages of this thread to find this. I may be a bit pathetic.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just now finished my protein shake. It was warm and gross and tasted nothing like chocolate cake @quiksylver296

Unless I have a huge dinner, I'm going to have a hard time hitting my calorie goal today. I'm just not feeling like eating. I just want to lie down under a blanket and not be working. I will force myself to walk the treadmill at lunch so at least I can get some kind of physical movement today.

side note, does anyone have any experience with Anthropologie? I found the CUTEST swimsuit on there yesterday but I didn't want to fork over the money if it's not good quality or has a crap return policy, etc.

bexu1ow7ilgn.jpg

What do you think? Now, I won't look anywhere close to what she looks like, but I think it's sexy pinuppy but still super modest and conservative.

It's a great suit and anytime I don't buy something I really want I regret it and spend $ on something I will always consider inferior. Go for it. I bought one dress at Anthropologie and it was well made and unique. Totally worth it.

I was totally going to go for it, but they are all sold out and won't have any until August. I may still order it depending on if I find anything else. I was very sad when I found out they were sold out.

Bummer! I am sure you will find something similar that you will look great in!

Thanks! I'm supposed to be getting my first order of suits that my husband bought today. It'll be a bit like Christmas when I get home. I'm really excited!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

I know others say this later on but I want this guy. Can you rent him out on weekends? :)

That's when I "use" him the most. :wink: He REALLY is a fantastic man!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:
    funtasia-girls-reversible-red-christmas-plaid-jumper-dress-27.jpg

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm glad I dress more classic and age appropriate now.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

I am a smaller size right now than I have been since before I had children (they are now 31.29 and 27 years old) I am discovering all kinds of new options in clothing and wonder at times if what I am putting on is age appropriate. Just today I was showing my daughter - the 27 year old some things I bought to wear on vacation next week and she said "Oh wow mom, we can share clothes now - well - after I have this baby anyway" and we both cracked up.

I think age appropriate is a term that can be over limiting. Certainly if your daughter is approving then it is fine. I think all ages can look good in similar clothes. I think all ages can look good in short or long hair. Perhaps quality and fit and cut are more important than an exact style.

Congrats on your good work. I'm sure you are looking great!

Thank you, I am feeling pretty proud of my accomplishment of going from a size 22 to a size 12 in less than a year.

Congratulations! That is amazing!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    sarkrisd wrote: »
    My confession: I can't give up my pop. I don't record it either, since it is usually diet. I've tried, and my family begged me to go back on it. I'm a grouch without at least two bottles a day.

There's no reason to give up pop unless a particular ingredient affects you negatively. If you're restricting calories, diet is probably a better option since regular pop tends to add quite a lot of calories with minimal nutritional value.

And the main ingredient is water, after all.

I agree, but don't neglect drinking plain water as well! Nothing wrong with pop, but it can still be very dehydrating if that is all you drink (even diet).
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Susie: take comfort in the fact you get up to pray, count it as a success and evidence of the larger plan for you.

Italian: glad your little guy is hanging on

Pofoster: congrats :)

Confessions:
    1) yesterday morning I decided to go the gym while everyone was still sleeping. I found all my gym sets in the wash. So I rummaged dirty clothes out the wash basket and wore those rather than not go to the gym

2) we might have been a bit over enthusiastic in the mattress gymnastics and I've got an 'internal' injury that puts me out of commission for a few days. A good time was had by all.

3) today, instead of a proper meal, we went to the ice cream parlour and had sundaes for dinner. After I spent all morning cooking and prepping healthy meals and lunches for next week

4) my boss is in her 50s, very slim, with long legs, and wears very short skirts in the office. I do judge her for their length, but agree pencil skirts are classic, timeless and ageless

Sorry for your injury, but this confession is hilarious! Love your wording.
  • snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up! My confession is I've been drinking too much...every single day for quite awhile. I am making a commitment to not drink Monday through Thursday this week. Please think good thoughts for me!

ETA: A little embarrassed to admit this quasi publicly, but hoping admitting it on here will make me face reality. Since I know there are several of you that have admitted to stopping for good.

I'm in this boat as well. Drinking too much lately. I don't believe I'm using alcohol to hide from anything. I just enjoy drinking. So I have one drink after dinner, but that inevitably turns into another, and another. And often this leads to drunk-snacking, which compounds the problem.

I'm within days of my 1000-day streak, but I'm heavier than I've ever been in my life, and my drinking is the primary culprit. My meal plan is fantastic in theory, but I haven't stuck to it at all lately because I'm so discouraged and ashamed of myself. My repeated binges have me on the verge of giving up.

Anyway, kellienw, I'm sending you good thoughts and no judgment. Please send good thoughts back. :)
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Every time I look in the mirror, I still see ''the fat girl'' I almost gag when I look in the mirror.
    People tell me all the time about how good I'm looking, but I just don't see it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

I was beyond fortunate to meet my husband when I was 18. We've definitely had our moments during our almost 17 years of being together, but we've also definitely had more good than bad. He is truly my best friend.

My mom has been married 3 times and I didn't want to be like that (not judging, I just don't think I could do it more than once) when I got married. God made sure I found my other half the first time around and I'm thankful every day for him. I hope he feels the same.

I wonder what he'd think if he knew how much I brag on him in here?! Hopefully he'd be flattered and not embarrassed.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45, what's up!? LOL When someone asks me how old I am, I reflexively say 28. Because that's how old I think I am.

I'm 51 and someone told me yesterday when I had my grandson with me that my son was so cute and I told her he was my grandson and she refused to believe I was old enough to be a grandmother. (I love moments like that)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

ofp2176wp2r6.jpg

Edited to add that my cats (Tadpole is the big brown and white guy, Purranha the little grey one) are totally taking advantage of him being sick... stealing food out of his bowl, swatting at him even though he isn't doing anything. They better watch out when he starts feeling better!
    votg4ib1phvb.jpg

So sorry about your puppy. I hope he gets better soon. P.S. Your cats look super ornery.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

Hope it's just a passing thing and he's back to normal soon!

Mine have a nasty habit of eating *ahem* excrement (not sure if it's their own or the other dogs', not that it matters) which sometimes causes issues, although not as often as you'd expect.

It takes a strong stomach to clean up a puddle of vomited feces, let me tell you.

(Sorry if this post puts anyone off their lunch)

I worked at a doggie daycare for a while before I had my son and let me tell you, there were many days where I thought I was going to lose my lunch trying to clean up after the dogs would get sick from eating too much poop. OMG, seriously so disgusting!!! :(:(

OMG, that sounds awful! My mom has a kennel, and she's only had two dogs over the years that liked eating poop - Luckily Jazz isn't one of them, although he doesn't mind eating nasty stuff in the woods when we're hiking/camping, and he has no qualms about cleaning up if one of the cats eats too fast and throws it up. Love him, but dogs can be so gross.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but he usually has a stomach of steel; so I figure anything that could make him this sick for a week is a pretty bad sign :neutral: I hate waiting too, right now I'm just waiting for the vet to decide whether he has to come in, or if there's another over the counter remedy that we can try. Just call me back already!

Wow..only 2 dogs..how lucky of her!!! We had so many dogs that just loved eating it! There were some dogs that only liked certain other dog's poo and they would actually see that dog getting ready to head out(we left the back door open for the dogs to go in/out as needed) and they would actually follow them out to eat it. WARNING: GROSS---> There was this one Pug that would actually would eat it "fresh" out of the oven...if you know what I mean...always reminded me of a kid squirting Easy Cheese from the can into his mouth. *Shivers* And sorry if I grossed anyone out.
    Let us know if/when he gets to the vet and how things turn out.

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

Working on it. I am a happily divorced 26 year old.

May I ask what the 1st best relationship advice you have is?

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

So, that is my best advice... be yourself. Don't settle. :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I just turned 45, what's up!? LOL When someone asks me how old I am, I reflexively say 28. Because that's how old I think I am.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @AlciaMode and @AngryViking1970 you are right!! I'm just being stupid- I am 29 but don't feel it whatsoever and I'm really looking forward to my 30's I've heard from lots those are some of the best years! Thank you ladies! <3

I am 51, but if anyone asks, my response is always, "29". My husband says a lady is 29 until she draws Social Security. I will be 29 for a while! :wink:

Haha, this is great! My best friend and I both turn 30 this year, and while I'm not concerned about it, she is really stressed out about it. Maybe I'll tell her that she can keep on being 29 indefinitely :wink:
    I clearly remember my mother freaking out over turning 30. I got there and thought - what was that all about? I still don't get it. When I turned 40 she repeatedly asked me how I felt about it. I honestly didn't think about it and was neutral but to quiet her I turned the question to her and asked how it felt to have a daughter who was 40? :smiley: She stopped bugging me. I'm happy with every age I have been since 25.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    BOOM! Told ya! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it @Italian_Buju and @quiksylver296
    I'm dreading the day my hubby tries to use my excess tummy skin as a blanket.....yes its getting that bad :(

Confession: I just spent over an hour going through the first 20+ pages of this thread to find this. I may be a bit pathetic.

Too funny! I didn't remember that either.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @LH85DC your pup is gorgeous! LOVE the different color eyes contrasted with the snow white fur. Hope he feels better soon! Loving the kitties, as well. They look quite mischievous in that picture!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @AlciaMode and @AngryViking1970 you are right!! I'm just being stupid- I am 29 but don't feel it whatsoever and I'm really looking forward to my 30's I've heard from lots those are some of the best years! Thank you ladies! <3

I am 51, but if anyone asks, my response is always, "29". My husband says a lady is 29 until she draws Social Security. I will be 29 for a while! :wink:

Haha, this is great! My best friend and I both turn 30 this year, and while I'm not concerned about it, she is really stressed out about it. Maybe I'll tell her that she can keep on being 29 indefinitely :wink:
    I clearly remember my mother freaking out over turning 30. I got there and thought - what was that all about? I still don't get it. When I turned 40 she repeatedly asked me how I felt about it. I honestly didn't think about it and was neutral but to quiet her I turned the question to her and asked how it felt to have a daughter who was 40? :smiley: She stopped bugging me. I'm happy with every age I have been since 25.

I freaked out when I turned 29. By the time I turned 30, I was over it. 30 was uneventful.
    I'm 41 now. I didn't care about 40 either.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Thanks @noaddedsugarx I look forward to all your new (to me) vocabulary!!

My exhubby is from Ireland - the words he used/uses:
    a kitchen cupboard is a press
    a trash can is a bin
    a gas station is a garage
    a sweater is a jumper
    the letter z is zed
    the number 3 is not three but tree
    one person can be addressed as "you" but more than one is "yous"

edit to add:
    sneakers or tennis shoes are runners

My SO is English and we always joke if we ever had kids and it was a boy we'd name him Zed because he doesn't understand the letter "Z" and I don't get how one letter can be a word!

Also one time we were facetiming and I told him I was going to have to borrow a pair of pants from my sister as it was colder out than I thought it would be and I had only packed shorts. He cracked up and I had no idea until he quit long enough to say "I knew what you meant when you said pants but I couldn't help laughing because here we use the word pants to mean underwear" I still get a kick out of that! It's just so foreign to me I had no idea!

A piece of advice for you. Don't comment on your 'fanny' if you happen to be in the UK. If you don't know why, ask your bf, he'll explain! Fanny-pack is also a no-no!

HAHAHA funny you should mention that actually! When we first started talking a guy at work told me to ask him what it meant- so naively I did- it was hilarious, his reaction was priceless he turned all red and said that's a word for lady parts. It was actually really cute!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

I'm laughing so hard at this while I'm thinking that I shouldn't be.....but I can't help it! Evil genius!!

@xMrBunglex I remember this confession. I remember that I REALLY wanted donuts after reading it too.

Still, even after 700+ pages, my favorite confession was one that a lady was worried that it wouldn't be too long before her husband used her excess tummy flab for a blanket. I still laugh every time I think about that.

How did I miss that? I don't remember that post.

I don't either....maybe it was all in the head of @MoHousdon

Are you saying I'm crazy?! If I have to go back and quote it, I will!

I never saw it either, so you might be ;)