Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    okay ladies, I'm sorry to say but I'm bowing out. It's not getting my heart rate up at all, and yes i'm pushing it. I don't need the strength moves because of the weight lifting i do, so they do me no good at all. The only useful part of the video for me is the abs, so I think i'll switch ot her abs workout 6 weeks to a 6 pack or whatever it's called and go back to the gym for my cardio. Thank you for letting me join in, and I wish you all a great workout month. Keep pushing and kick some *kitten*!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    hmm it wont let me edit my own post. just wanted to add that my knee is killing me and the baker's cyst is getting larger and it's really hampering my movement. Walking is fine, nothing else is. So back to the treadmill I go.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    hmm it wont let me edit my own post. just wanted to add that my knee is killing me and the baker's cyst is getting larger and it's really hampering my movement. Walking is fine, nothing else is. So back to the treadmill I go.

You will be missed. :( Hope your knee feels better very soon!

Day 7 finished for me - only one thing...when Jillian says "just a couple more" and then she's going more than 2, I get mad! LOL!! A "couple" has always meant "2" to me.

See you all day 8/9/etc
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    jennnny- dont worry i gained 2lbs the first week, During the first week i did the shred twice in one day making it 8 times in 7 days, as well as dieting and riding me stationary bike. For some reason it sounds like literally everyone either stays the same or gains a pound or 2 the first week. Hang in there and get back at it, and you will see results! =]

Good to know...I just finished day 7 and my weight is the same. Hoping to see a change next week.
    :)
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I went under a search on here and found a gal who lost quite a bit in the 30 days so I emailed her and asked if she would give me some advise and share what she did. She says she never sat down really...always kept moving besides doing the shred. She also ate a lot of vegies and lean meats...aka, ate very clean. I thought it was great advise. I have upped my protein as well and keep drinking lots of water and my yummy sun tea.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done for me. It's been a little tough cause I feel really run down. I have this bad cold that kinda popped up out of nowhere, but I am determined not to let it mess up my workouts! I'm very happy with how my endurance has improved in a week. I can do all the pushups without any pauses.. I tried doing un-modified push ups and I can do like 1 or 2, which is amazing since I have never in my life been able to do that before!! I'm not looking forward to Level 2 though! It looks tough :sad:

Edit to say that I took some quick measurements this morning and I've lost an inch off my upper waist and 1/2 inch off my waist!! :noway:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Day 8 done for me. It's been a little tough cause I feel really run down. I have this bad cold that kinda popped up out of nowhere, but I am determined not to let it mess up my workouts! I'm very happy with how my endurance has improved in a week. I can do all the pushups without any pauses.. I tried doing un-modified push ups and I can do like 1 or 2, which is amazing since I have never in my life been able to do that before!! I'm not looking forward to Level 2 though! It looks tough :sad:

Edit to say that I took some quick measurements this morning and I've lost an inch off my upper waist and 1/2 inch off my waist!! :noway:

Wow that is exciting about your measurements! :) sorry about your cold but congrats on the pushups. I have not looked ahead yet...gulp!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    ok this is my attempt at uploading these pics...

fkbrrt.jpghrzat2.jpg

2wn213n.jpg29wwha9.jpg

After 30 days of the shred, 9lbs and 12.5 inchs later =] only 19lbs left till my goal!

The difference is astounding! Especially the front view...u totally toned up and look amazing! Congrats to you! What a great inspiration to all of us shredders. :)
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. I'm not feeling too great today. My knees & calves hurt. :(
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I slipped off the shed radar after day 4 but am starting again.
    Day 1 done (again lol)
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Starting Level 2 tomorow, getting prepared for a new kind of soreness!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Warning..... for me.... level 2 was the worst! Good luck! just remember it is so worth it, you have eachother to lean on, and level 3, though very much a work out is a lot easier on your body, joints, ect!!!
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    help do i start level 2 today is my 8th day!
  • chrissiviolin
    Options
    Day 4 done! It is getting easier - not easy - just easier lol. I still sweat my butt off like I did on the first day though. My calves, thighs and arms are still sore but not as much.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You can start levels at anytime, how i did it was 10 days of each level
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Just finished day 6! I have to say I felt much better today! As someone else said above me....it's getting easier, still not easy, but easier than before. I even ran a mile after I was done AND even did 15 minutes of rowing which I don't think I could've done after any other day. The shred was taking it all out of me all on it's own but I'm glad to say it's feeling more manageable.

The closer I get to level 2 the more nervous I get about it. I feel like I can just now manage level 1. I have to admit tho I'm also pretty excited. It just means I'm that much closer to completing it and hopefully seeing some results. I'd like to redo the shred again after I'm done with it this go around. Maybe take a few rest days and then hop right back in.
  • bsed18
    bsed18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how quickly you can feel leaner and stronger after doing it for a short while. I am really happy that I picked this back up, and am exicted to see our results in the end!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I missed Sunday and Monday's work out....got home late both days....so today I'm planning on doing Day 6 tonight so I can finish Level 1 this week...

Hope everyone else is doing well
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I haven't looked ahead to level 2...I'm too scared to! Lol! Another day of shred level 1 complete. That is 8 done! Yippie! I'm so happy we have this group for support! I am keeping this as one thread so those who are starting over, etc, can stay with those who are in level two.
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    day 8 done i decided to do 10 days of each level whats everyone else doing??