Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Just marathon read this thread over the course of the day - so motivating. I am down 32 of about 175 pounds and starting to notice changes in my rings & shoes. Also my hands are wrinklier. Guess the fat was hiding the wrinkles.

Can't wait to experience some of the things you have all brought up.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2015
    Something I love is that now I can wrap my arms around my knees. I always wanted to be able to sit like, as I always thought seemed so...Idk...dainty? But it was something I couldn't do, but now I can.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Loving this thread :smiley:
    I looked at a picture of myself the other day and was kind of freaked out by how big my mouth seemed haha. Granted, I was wearing lipstick (something I don't regularly) but it just seemed like my face was so small and my mouth took up so much of my face...
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Posts: 23 Member
    For me, the biggest, and most important thing in losing ~19 pounds officially (during the year, I had gotten up to the mid to upper 240s) but ended the year at 219.4 (had to look at my weight tracking) and another ~13lbs this year, so far! is that my asthma rarely acts up. This was my issue/excuse for not walking more, biking more, getting out and running my first official 5k (later this summer, time permitting!). It's awesome to know that one of my few health issues has mostly resolved itself by losing weight. Not to my goal, yet, but it's the journey, not the destination :)
  • t_keesh
    t_keesh Posts: 13 Member
    What an awesome thread. I'm still on my way to go. Your posts are verey motivating. Looking forward to notice those unexpected results. Thank you!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Anyone else constantly bruising knees & hipbones?? I am used to some cushiony protection! My right hipbone is constantly bruised and scabbed from catching on the edges of the kitchen counter tops!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Yea, I have bruises here and there on my leg, and I'm thinking what did I run into or hit to get that, I don't know, but there it is. My chest is way small now too, not surprised.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Maybe not so unexpected but my boobs are now nonexistent much to the horror of my husband!

Haha, I tell my husband he has a choice between boobs and butt. I can have a nice butt and small boobs, or bigger boobs and a bigger butt (and everything else too...). You can't have it both ways!!!
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    I've lost close to 50 lbs and my back doesn't hurt anymore! I have a bulging disc and it never occurred to me that weight loss would help take stress off of it. My doctor never mentioned it either, so I don't feel quite so stupid...
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Haha, I tell my husband he has a choice between boobs and butt. I can have a nice butt and small boobs, or bigger boobs and a bigger butt (and everything else too...). You can't have it both ways!!!

Love this!! Definitely will be saying this to my boyfriend!!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I had more friends when I was obese. feeling lonely.

I hear ya.

I don't get this one. Why?

My skinnier prettier friends all stopped hanging out with me because I'm no longer the fat friend. My bigger friends don't want to hang out with me because I can't listen to them talk about wanting to lose weight without accidentally preaching about mfp lol

This makes me sad, I have all the same friends I had before plus now I have friends that I have met at the gym and through gym friends. The skinnier friends aren't very good friends if they don't like you because you are skinny now. I am lucky to have the friends I have, I have known this for a long time.

• yoyo54321
    yoyo54321 Posts: 10 Member
    Having lost 40kg. My hands are a big difference. Fingers are thinner. Can see veins I never knew I had. In my neck there's bones I could not feel b4. Well done everyone.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    My watch is now too big. Plus my wedding ring is now too big. I went several years not able to wear it, because it was too small, and now I might have to get it made smaller because it's almost slipping off my finger.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    My watch is now too big. Plus my wedding ring is now too big. I went several years not able to wear it, because it was too small, and now I might have to get it made smaller because it's almost slipping off my finger.

Me too! I had such a small window of actually being able to wear my wedding ring on my ring finger. Now it fits my middle finger pretty much perfectly so I wear it there instead. I will get it resized when I'm finally done.
  • craftergin
    craftergin Posts: 25 Member
    After losing 53 pounds, the crossing of legs is totally awesome! But the biggest thing is that I "cured" myself of gout. My Rheumatologist took me off the medication! I still have about 40 pounds to go, but it's fantastic. I no longer shop in the "PLUS" department!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Now,I have reached my goal, as in ultimate goal, I realise I am never truly done and having to change my mindset so much and focus on other things to achieve fitness wise is unexpected. But I like it, it takes a lot of pressure off and I am always reminded that I have done well in the past
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Now,I have reached my goal, as in ultimate goal, I realise I am never truly done and having to change my mindset so much and focus on other things to achieve fitness wise is unexpected. But I like it, it takes a lot of pressure off and I am always reminded that I have done well in the past

Congratulations on achieving your goal! I'm keeping in mind that once I reach mine I'll need to refocus and "regroup". Things are always easier when you're working toward a goal, I don't want to have too big of a "now what?" moment when I achieve mine.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    rayw89 wrote: »

Congratulations on achieving your goal! I'm keeping in mind that once I reach mine I'll need to refocus and "regroup". Things are always easier when you're working toward a goal, I don't want to have too big of a "now what?" moment when I achieve mine.

I started working on fitness goals well before I got close to my final weight loss goal. Lately I have been having problems coming up with a fitness goal that excites me as far as cardio.

• FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member

AngeBee18 wrote: »
    I managed 4 on my toes the other day before I had to drop to my knees for the rest of the set. I'll be celebrating when I can do a whole set that's for sure! But I started having to do them standing against a wall, so it's all good progress!

This is inspiring to me ... I can only do them against the wall now, but the mere thought of eventually being able to do them on my toes makes me giddy!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!