40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...my name is Kelli and I'm 40 years of age. I'm recovering from injuries related to a bad fall I had and was just cleared to go back into the gym. My weight loss goal us about 35lbs and to feel healthy again. I would love any support! Good luck..Day 1 for me :)
    167lbs.
    Shakeology meal
    45 min gym class

Welcome, and good luck on your journey,

Larro
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. Nice to see a bit more activity, although I admit I've been lurking lately too. Larro, I want you to come garden for me! I have good intentions and unplanted seeds.

I've maintained over the last week, and been able to ramp up my workout intensity a little, and I'll take both of those since I'm still less than a month post-surgery.

Kids are out of school on Thursday. Hubby is done next week. Oldest tries for her drivers license this week. Moving and growing! I will leave you with a picture of my mini vacation over the weekend: Norfolk, VA HarborFest.
  • alishaspringle
    Options
    1tt3ddl6c9be.jpg
    Hmmm. The interface with my phone doesn't seem to be working well. The last post didn't include the Flickr link, and this one wants you to turn somersaults. Sorry, y'all!
    0zodvod9ep8t.jpg
  • alishaspringle
    Options
    Ok, and it posted just fine! Aaarrrrrgh!
  • KelliMurray02
    KelliMurray02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Hi everyone...my name is Kelli and I'm 40 years of age. I'm recovering from injuries related to a bad fall I had and was just cleared to go back into the gym. My weight loss goal us about 35lbs and to feel healthy again. I would love any support! Good luck..Day 1 for me :)
    167lbs.
    Shakeology meal
    45 min gym class

Welcome, and good luck on your journey,

Larro

• KelliMurray02
    KelliMurray02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! To you as well :)
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hi been busy with hubby since he came home but he has decided to work out with me yah. He had lost aloe of weight while he was away secretly lol wanted to look good for me. Makes me love him even more Enjoy your week
  • larrodarro
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey, y'all. Nice to see a bit more activity, although I admit I've been lurking lately too. Larro, I want you to come garden for me! I have good intentions and unplanted seeds.

I will leave you with a picture of my mini vacation over the weekend: Norfolk, VA HarborFest.

This thread is getting to be like the suddenly popular restaurant. It's so crowded no one goes there anymore ;)

I planned on planting a second crop of acorn squash today, but ran out of time. I did get the fencing done though. That turned out to be a job of work.

Nice pictures. I sent two years of my youth in the Norfolk area. {aboard the USS Saipan} No matter where the ship was docked, I always managed to live on the other side of a toll bridge from it.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 23 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!!!!!

Welcome newbies!!!!

Larro, thanks for keeping up with the thread. Summer time can be very busy for all of us.

I'm still doing ChaLean, I'm enjoying it once again. My diet, not as perfect as I want it. Beach vacation with hubby and granddaughter in 2.5weeks so better stay on track. I think I want to wear my bikini. LOL Today it would have been my dad's 80th birthday. :( I miss him so much. He is in a better place and with his love, my mom.

Have an awesome day!!!!!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Caramel where are you? Saw this cutey on my walk.
    7oh780pg5b8h.jpg

Walking and running with puppy, hiked waterfalls with kids on Sunday, was beautiful and cold.

Eating needs to get better to lose. Athe least I'm maintaining.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I won't be working out this week, just walking or biking to and from work. I'm going to be twitchy without working out but looking forward to having some extra time after work.

I'm just keeping my cals at 1750 for now and then next week when I go back to working out I'm going to up them them to TDEE and then the week after start back to a 15% cut. Trying to shake my apparently rather stuck metabolism!

Did a self defense workshop/seminar on Sunday, that was fun. Yesterday was going to be a day long hike and the beach with the kids on their PA day, but the weather did not co-operate at all. So we lazed and I baked and made an awesome (though definitely not low calfat) salsa verde chicken pasta and ran errands with the kids. It was a really nice relaxing day. Need more of those! Our weekend was packed with working out, running errands, family over for my son's 10th birthday and then the Sunday I did the seminar and then hubby took our son and 3 of his friends to lasertag while I did groceries with the girls and then we had the boys over for hotdogs and cake and it turned into a swim and a sleep over too! Huge thunderstorm around 10:30 so they all piled in the house and set up camp in the playroom. They had a blast, but man hubby and I were done with all the noise! My poor son finally ended up constantly shushing his friends. Sorry but after a weekend of people I was done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    xhjrh4mmfm2y.jpg

I lifted AND hiked yesterday.

I lifted AND hiked today.

This afternoon....here is where I will type on my computer and read a good book.

BOOM! ZOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    xhjrh4mmfm2y.jpg

I lifted AND hiked yesterday.

I lifted AND hiked today.

This afternoon....here is where I will type on my computer and read a good book.

BOOM! ZOOM!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous setting Beeps!!!!

3furballs, good luck with your plan!!! Sometimes a break can help with breaking a plateau.

I just did this quick but intense workout along with a 2 min hold plank and 100 bridges. Try it!!

http://youtu.be/T1gN5rn0yVM
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Okay, so having just determined that my overall body fat % is approximately 18%, I'm now frustrated by the 2 rather significantly varying interpretations of that number.

ACE says 18% is "average" (where 14%-17% is fit, 18%-25% is average).

However, the Jackson & Pollack chart that takes age into account says that I'm "ideal" (where <14.8% is lean, and 23.9%-27.7% is average).

No wonder this fitness thing is confusing for everyone.

Guess I'll just have to work on getting that down to 17% and below.

(figures taken from builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 24 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Cardio X"=Done!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    webbeyes, I would just say that 18% is great, and look at yourself, and say, hey, I look great at 18% and maintain that. From your picture, I think you look very fit and healthy.
    I am trying my best at eating healthy and exercising here. I have to keep telling myself, slow and steady and know I am doing good, just happens slowly. I know this is a new lifestyle I need to keep up with, I do like most of it. We did finally get the garden planted last weekend. Hopefully our seeds will come up and we can keep the weeds under control. We luckily have had some rain here this week too, so less watering for me.
    My son Jared has his academic awards ceremony tonight for 8-9th grade. He is going to high school next year which is a little scary. We finally got him some math help from one of my quilting friends husbands is a retired math high school teacher who lives 15 minutes away, he volunteers and came 2 days after school and helped him. I am so thankful for that, and so glad we now have someone to call for extra help when he needs it.
    Now the shirt he brought down to wear tonight that needs ironed, looks way too small for him. I need to go through his closet and see if he has any dress shirts bigger, I thought he had to wear the white shirt which he has plenty of because they have to have them for band and chorus performances. They will perform tonight, but can wear colors.
    I hope you all have a nice HUMP DAY!!!!!!
  • larrodarro
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I'm having a beautiful rainy day here at the Larro Ranchero. I got my garden fence finished on Monday and cut up the new area yesterday. I did get the acorn squash planted, but nothing else. The next good planting days are the 16-18th, so I'm hoping to get more corn and pea seed in the ground then. It sure feels good to have room to stretch out in. Here is the expanded part of the garden.

qw7u49fa0qtj.jpg

Margie should be in late tonight or early tomorrow. They were going to pack up this morning when they leave the room so they can hit the road after the last session. It never fails when she is gone that I end up working every night. I miss her, but it would be nice to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of the empty house.

I'm doing the usual Wednesday house cleaning this morning. If there is a break in the weather later, I have to pick the garden. Peas, green beans, pole beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers need picking. I don't even have all the pepper plants transplanted yet, and I have pepper coming out my ears.

Nick, nice looking bunny.

Furballs, some folks would call walking and biking working out. A short break is always good. A few years back I lost from 250 down to 218, but got burned out with too much working out without a break. When I had to miss a day due to work, I never got back to it for a couple of years. You need to keep it from getting boring.

Beeps, nice looking layout there. Now you just need some waiters to help you turn the pages.

3033655-inline-tumblrn95lgvcby31tawsizo1500.gif

Alf, that workout looks to intense for me. It should do you good.

Webb, 18% body fat is great. I'm 20.5% at 169 pounds.

Gamer, you continue to rock.

Natalie, glad to hear you got your garden planted. When the new plants are sprouting is about the best time of the gardening year. After that it is just all work. {I dreamed the weeds were knee high in my garden. The work even follows me to bed} Also glad your son got some math help. I've played that role with a few of my friends' kids. Most of life I don't understand, but math always makes sense to me.

Welcome to the new guys, and hello to everyone else. Caramel said to say hey as well.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

I have been on jury duty this week. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I never got called to a case so I just sat there and made a few friends. But we didn't have to be there until 9 got 2 hours for lunch and left a 2. I was like sign me up for this everyday. But I think that I would starve and be homeless on the $12.00 a day that they pay you. So I guess going back to work was worth it.

I am glad to see that everyone is still doing well and keeping on track. I have been doing my best to do the same.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!