40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

I have been on jury duty this week. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I never got called to a case so I just sat there and made a few friends. But we didn't have to be there until 9 got 2 hours for lunch and left a 2. I was like sign me up for this everyday. But I think that I would starve and be homeless on the $12.00 a day that they pay you. So I guess going back to work was worth it.

I am glad to see that everyone is still doing well and keeping on track. I have been doing my best to do the same.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
  • Emmalusmom
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

I have been on jury duty this week. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I never got called to a case so I just sat there and made a few friends. But we didn't have to be there until 9 got 2 hours for lunch and left a 2. I was like sign me up for this everyday. But I think that I would starve and be homeless on the $12.00 a day that they pay you. So I guess going back to work was worth it.

I am glad to see that everyone is still doing well and keeping on track. I have been doing my best to do the same.

• Emmalusmom
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

• Emmalusmom
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

• PShizle
    PShizle Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How does one get into this distinguished and prestigious club? ;)
  • Linandra
    Linandra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another goal is to make it through 2012 with zero slug days (= when I get to the end of the day and realize I never even moved out of my office chair).
    Hee hee love add slug days! What a good idea.to look at that, so true that I we can all have slug days if we are not careful!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Emmalu, I have always wanted to be on "jury duty", but never will (due to my profession) - i am jealous.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did a long walk this morning. ZOOM!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's !
    Well I'm back. Pretty nice vacation. Hubby just had to come back early. < Homebody missed his lawnmower ( latest obsession ). I think I'll wait to weigh in till next week something we ate made me bloat from yesterday. Probably the sea food since I don't eat it very often. Weather was awesome in the Outer Banks. Not to hot. Learned about blue bottle jellyfish. Damian grabbed one on the first day down there. Poor kid. Next time we will know just to pee on it. Wonder if we will be arrested for indecent exposure ? LOL
    Anyway... I check back later.

Welcome Newbies.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 25 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • Emmalusmom
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I guess MFP was trying to help me catch up with my posting by adding my post like 6 times. LOL! It kept saying that there was an error to try again. And I did as you can see. Well I had a great evening with my daughter and granddaughter. We went and got mexican and then shopped for like 2 1/2 hours so I can say that I walked off the food.

Beeps - I really wanted to get chosen for a case but they never called my name. If I get called again maybe I will make it through to a case. Here nobody gets out of jury duty. One of the judges even said that they are called to jury duty too. I am sure that they don't make it through since I am sure there is always someone that they know involved.

I hope that everyone has an awesome day!
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well as I've been maintaining for the last few months rather than losing as I want, and losing the same 3 kg time and time is a bit disheartening, I'm giving 5/2 IF a try.
    Well not quite, I'm doing alternate day fasting while I'm away for a month at work where I have no control of what I chose to eat or how it is cooked, and 5/2 when I am home and do have a choice and control of my food.
    Well the first day of 600 calories wasn't so bad, just had my feed day, and will be back on the 600 calories tomorrow. It doesn't help that I am working 6-6 night shift!
    I'll let you know how I get on and if I can stick it out.
    Reasons for choosing IF, additional health benefits - whether it is all BS I guess I'll find out, but I do have my annual check at the Dr's including bloodwork, so it will be a good indicator and a start out for next year.
    Keep up the good work to all the regs and all the newcomers.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Well as I've been maintaining for the last few months rather than losing as I want, and losing the same 3 kg time and time is a bit disheartening, I'm giving 5/2 IF a try.
    Well not quite, I'm doing alternate day fasting while I'm away for a month at work where I have no control of what I chose to eat or how it is cooked, and 5/2 when I am home and do have a choice and control of my food.
    Well the first day of 600 calories wasn't so bad, just had my feed day, and will be back on the 600 calories tomorrow. It doesn't help that I am working 6-6 night shift!
    I'll let you know how I get on and if I can stick it out.
    Reasons for choosing IF, additional health benefits - whether it is all BS I guess I'll find out, but I do have my annual check at the Dr's including bloodwork, so it will be a good indicator and a start out for next year.
    Keep up the good work to all the regs and all the newcomers.

I used 5/2 to lose from 240 down to 200 in about five or six months. It really worked well for me. I got to the point I was doing too much cardio for 600 calories so I had to give it up. Stir-fry was my answer to how do I keep from getting hungry on 600 calories.
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that Larro... if it worked for you then there's hope for me... just need to get the exercise thing going now
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifted again. And walked again. See the pattern?

BOOM! ZOOM!

Severe thunderstorm watch.....so, likely walking is "done" for awhile as the forecast is for a few days of rain.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    slong4u wrote: »
    How does one get into this distinguished and prestigious club? ;)

You found the secret code! Welcome.
  • audreyanderson4
    audreyanderson4 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am 40 can I join dont know how to
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 26 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo X"=Done!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    26no14nsitbw.gif

Hi All~

I am still around. Just haven't posted in a while as I feel I don't have a lot to post right now. Still no major exercise due to injuries. Trying to stay within bounds on eating, but it's easier some days more than others. Lots of stress in my life right now too so I am missing the exercise as this has always been a great stress buster for me. :frowning: Hopefully things will turn around soon.

Have a good day.
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Still lurking around but being a total slug. Okay, maybe not a TOTAL slug but I'm not "working the program" the way I should. LOL
    I really need to work on that!

Larro- My 5 year old and I picked out a pepper plant (complete with peppers already emerging LOL) and a cherry tomato plant. He is so proud of them! We put them into planters and he proceeded to water them with a spray bottle. LOL
    Thankfully I've managed not to kill them while he has been with his father this week so that's a plus. LOL
    They have had plenty of water and sunshine all courtesy of the weather.

Hope that everyone is doing well!