Do u like getting flirted with?

Options

Replies

• Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Only if it is someone I am mutually interested in...otherwise no. But I'm married so that's out of the question now, I just feel awkward if someone tries to now.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    If the person is attractive and has a good personality, then I'm generally okay with it. Otherwise, it's a complete waste of my time, and depending on the situation, am capslock pissed off that it even happened.

I'm at that point in my weight loss that old men and sleaze bags are taking notice of me. They seem to think, "Oh, hey, that girl is big, but she's shapely, and probably has LOADS of self-esteem issues. Easy prey."

What they don't realize is that 1. I prefer to be alone and not date anyone; 2. am only attracted to a certain type of man; and 3. am intelligent and mature enough to know what they're up to.

My grandmother didn't raise no fool. Maybe there are loads of girls who just give it away to unworthy men, but I'm not one of them.

Wow, tell us how you really feel though.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes! What I don't understand - why do men flirt and then not follow through with asking for a date. A gentleman, friend flirted hot & heavy for an extended period of time then didn't ask me out. We are both single, age compatible and have similar interests. When he didn't ask, I shifted gears and decided not to waste my time. He is still a good friend, but he will stay in the friend zone. My position, step up or step off. >:)
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

My grandmother didn't raise no fool. Maybe there are loads of girls who just give it away to unworthy men, but I'm not one of them.

Hahahaha.......

As Mama used to say.... With one of these I can have as many of "those" as I want. :D

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    [quote==

= Maybe there are loads of girls who just give it away to unworthy men, but I'm not one of them.[/quote]

I didn't know flirting = giving anything away.... I thought it was just fun.
  • aprilthomson
    aprilthomson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love flirting, both giving and receiving. :wink:
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    CasandraNS wrote: »
    I'm a major flirt
    So if I offend u let me know lol!

Can I be your friend
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    [quote==

= Maybe there are loads of girls who just give it away to unworthy men, but I'm not one of them.

I didn't know flirting = giving anything away.... I thought it was just fun. [/quote]

Exactly. I think people confuse flirting with something else. It can be totally innocent and fun.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    joesgal22 wrote: »
    Why is it men say that they are usually not sure that they are being flirted with? Just curious.

You gals are a lot more subtle (to us) than you probably think you are. As a general rule, I think most guys PERCEIVE the female sex as being "nicer"....so we aren't sure whether to interpret your continued conversation with us as you just being generally friendly or you being interested.

So ladies...if you're trying to tell us "I'm interested"..be kind of obvious.

And to answer the OP...even if you're happily married, I think it's always an ego boost to know to know that there's more than one person on the planet that finds you attractive. :smiley:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    zezelryck wrote: »
    I think I must be one of those dense guys who completely misses all of the signals. A friend asked me if I had gotten a ladies number the other night as I was talking to her for a ages. When I said no he told me she was pretty much full on flirting with me while I just thought she was being friendly. When will I ever learn :-)

And this proves my point :wink:
  • bengal512
    bengal512 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yeah why not? I think that's part of MFP and hidden benefits. Keeps me motivated. Especially on days when you don't feel so hot.
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    sure flirting is fun
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Charlie would love to flirt with you
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Ehhh

• TigerLilly98a
    TigerLilly98a Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    joesgal22 wrote: »
    Why is it men say that they are usually not sure that they are being flirted with? Just curious.

You gals are a lot more subtle (to us) than you probably think you are. As a general rule, I think most guys PERCEIVE the female sex as being "nicer"....so we aren't sure whether to interpret your continued conversation with us as you just being generally friendly or you being interested.

So ladies...if you're trying to tell us "I'm interested"..be kind of obvious.

And to answer the OP...even if you're happily married, I think it's always an ego boost to know to know that there's more than one person on the planet that finds you attractive. :smiley:

NOTED!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    flirt with people on this website? no,no thank you
    flirt with people i find hot and interesting irl? yes sure if i feel like it
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    Yes! What I don't understand - why do men flirt and then not follow through with asking for a date. A gentleman, friend flirted hot & heavy for an extended period of time then didn't ask me out. We are both single, age compatible and have similar interests. When he didn't ask, I shifted gears and decided not to waste my time. He is still a good friend, but he will stay in the friend zone. My position, step up or step off. >:)

Not to pick on you, but this is something that drives me a little nutty. Why the heck didn't YOU just ask him out if you were interested? He likely could have felt the same... Just sayin'.

• lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 53 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It hasn't happened in so long, I don't even know what it would be like. I'm not sure I could identify the activity if it were happening to me. When I was much younger, my wife said I was oblivious to it. Maybe she was just being kind to me.
  • Noogsofthenorth
    Noogsofthenorth Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't - only dead people lol