Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ugh has anybody else felt like they might have pulled there uterus on a deadlift lol :#
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. I could look at before and after pics all day.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    LOVE this thread!!!! Great motivation for me to keep lifting heavy! You all look gorgeous!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ugh has anybody else felt like they might have pulled there uterus on a deadlift lol :#

Ahahahahah yes omg!! That moment when you realize your form needs work. -_-
  • megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yep !lol
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

2liig4o.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

Wow!!!! Amazing results. Congrats!!!! Your legs are phenomenol!!!
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @kshadows u look amazing! Can I ask if you were lifting with a particular program or what type of lifts you were doing and how heavy?
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    bump :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm still definitely a work in progress but here goes.

I started lifting in July 2014 after 5 months of running and bodyweight training. In January 2015 I started Strong Curves, primarily because I wanted to find a squat style that worked for me. I'd had a lot of trouble with back squats and liked SC because it would have me trying front squats, Zerchers, etc. I ended up liking those variations plus all of the lower body work.

Upper left - June 2014/158 lbs. I was down from 202.5 here and had been running and doing bodyweight training for just under 4 months. Chicken legs and noodle arms at this point.

Middle - December 2014/150 lbs. I had been lifting for 5 months, first doing a program devised by a personal trainer, then All Pro's.

Lower left and far right - March and April 2015/150 lbs. Just finished SC. Improvements in quads, calves, bum. Stomach is still the bane of my existence.

MyCollage_5_zpsw08xo6ex.png
  • beige2012
    beige2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All these transformations make me want to hit the gym. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing ladies.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What are the best weight lifts for abs and love handles?
  • megcorey
    megcorey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel like deadlifts def. Hit those but like in the 5x5 program u pretty much engage everything
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

EJennings - How much did you weigh in the after pix?
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing. I hope someday I can post inspiring pics on here too. Keep it up. :smile:
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump. Everyone looks so great! Congrats!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about lifting weights at all. Can anyone explain to me how many days a week and how long a session last? How do you start? Do you need help/assistance? I don't plan lifting now because I don't have a car at the moment and my nearest gym is miles away, but I'll probably join a gym in two - three months time.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    I don't know anything about lifting weights at all. Can anyone explain to me how many days a week and how long a session last? How do you start? Do you need help/assistance? I don't plan lifting now because I don't have a car at the moment and my nearest gym is miles away, but I'll probably join a gym in two - three months time.

I do stronglift5x5.com all your questions will be answered on that site along with videos and an app you can download. I lost 17.5 inches, I now do almost no cardio compared to 25 hours before. I eat like a horse. I went from a 10-11 to 5-6. I did gain 4 lbs but I'm still shrinking and tightening.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I do stronglift5x5.com all your questions will be answered on that site along with videos and an app you can download. I lost 17.5 inches, I now do almost no cardio compared to 25 hours before. I eat like a horse. I went from a 10-11 to 5-6. I did gain 4 lbs but I'm still shrinking and tightening.

So 5 x 5 repetitions approx 45 minutes 3 times a week. The results are so amazing. That's the type of body that I want to look like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!