Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    slim_kat wrote: »
    OK, this is the last comment I will make on this game tonight, but just wanna say, from what I am reading here, ya'll play some messed up video games! Ever hear of pacman or mario or something?? LMAO

Haha I agree - Mario Bros sounds like a more pleasant choice to me!

OMG, I LOVE your dog!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

So basically... I'm a very boring person.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

In case you haven't noticed, I play this game entirely too much.

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a great grandma!

I've restarted the Legacy challenge so many times I can't count, but I've never gotten past 4 generations. I think the problem is I never want to move anyone out of the house, so I'm trying to juggle the original couple, their kids, their kids' spouses, and their grandkids in one house. I get to the point I'm trying to carve out little closet spaces to give the new kids their own room, because I don't have room to expand the house anymore and have them get from their room to the car/schoolbus in time to get to work or school on time.

Then there's me, cold heartedly kicking them out as soon as they reach young adulthood. I keep one that I like the best to continue the game.

Every time I start over I say that's what I'm going to do, that or only let the couples have one kid each, but I always give in. Doesn't mean I'm totally soft hearted, though. I have deleted doors on small rooms in non-legacy games to see how long it takes them to die, too.

What does this even mean?? LOL
    I am surprised that so many people seem to play this game.....my kids had a Sim game once, but all I remember was them looking for a job or something? It was so strange....

Your sims can die by all kinds of normal things, like old age, or a house fire. If, for whatever reason, you want to kill one off, you can help them along. In the one you quoted, I did it by locking them in a room with no door so they couldn't escape, couldn't eat or bathe. It's not the best way to do it, because it takes forever. After they die, the grim reaper appears, and you have a chance to beg for their life with another sim. If you don't, or if that doesn't work, you end up with a little urn of ashes, or you can place it outside and it turns into a gravestone. After that, the ghost of the dead person will wander around the house at night, which is a good thing if you have sims who want to see ghosts, or a bad thing, if you have a sim who has an anxiety disorder.

What in the world, haha. Now, I'm kind of interested.
  • pitchfordmalisa
    pitchfordmalisa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Worst Buzz kill ever for me. I had just started weight watchers and had been going strong for a few weeks. after a meeting once I was super excited because I had lost 10 pounds. Put on a pink top I hadn't worn in a while, and stepped out to meet a friend. Feeling SUUUUUUUPER fly, I strutted off to the mall to visit my friend. While standing there talking to her, a customer came up to also talk to her, she tuned to me and said when are you due? :s
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Worst Buzz kill ever for me. I had just started weight watchers and had been going strong for a few weeks. after a meeting once I was super excited because I had lost 10 pounds. Put on a pink top I hadn't worn in a while, and stepped out to meet a friend. Feeling SUUUUUUUPER fly, I strutted off to the mall to visit my friend. While standing there talking to her, a customer came up to also talk to her, she tuned to me and said when are you due? :s

Hah we were just talking about this! How did you respond??? That's just rude from a stranger, I bet you did look super fly!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    KimFergie wrote: »
    Sometimes I eat an entire package of spaghetti, with just salt and margarine. An entire package. SMDH

Ditto, but with ranch dressing. Sounds gross but it's so good haha!

My stepdad's one relative put mayonnaise on his spaghetti. Yuck! I think he puts it on pretty much everything.

When I was younger I would put weird stuff on popcorn like mayonnaise, mustard, & maybe ketchup.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat an entire package of spaghetti, with just salt and margarine. An entire package. SMDH

My stepdad's one relative put mayonnaise on his spaghetti. Yuck! I think he puts it on pretty much everything.

When I was younger I would put weird stuff on popcorn like mayonnaise, mustard, & maybe ketchup.

People think we're weird but my whole family (extended family included) loves potato chips with cottage cheese- such a guilty pleasure snack! When I go home (like I am this weekend) I can be sure to see my family eating it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

The difference between my highest weight and lowest (which at the time, I'd lost 160 lbs) was insane. People held doors for me, looked me in the eye, listened to my opinion, etc. I was invisible when I was fat. It sucked and I actually went through a stage where I was mad at everyone for not giving me the time of day when I was fat and being all over me skinny. And I noticed as the weight came back on and I was eventually 40 lbs heavier than my lowest, people were starting to be ruder, not hold doors, notice me less, etc.

yep. i've noticed over the past year i've started to become invisible again....

I wanted to respond but have to think about my thoughts on this. (I may ramble.)

1 When I was heavier I wanted and tried to be invisible. I'm sure I personally behaved differently than when I was not heavier. I was 152% of what I am now and more than a dozen sizes bigger if that gives some perspective to what size I was or if it even matters. I am only speaking of my experience here.

2 I am short - not even five feet tall and I am hmm, what is a descriptive word, non-threatening looking. (They have no idea how strong and powerful I am inside!) The size is another place where people (some) purposely ignore and don't see you. I am cut in front of in line a lot. Sometimes (as in recently) I was not in a hurry and just wanted to observe the person doing the cutting. The first person cut and I watched her closely. She was uncomfortable and I was amused secretly. When the second person tried to cut I spoke up. I was VERY clearly in line and she stood behind me for a solid five minutes. When I firmly said, I was here first, her reply was "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you. (BS, she was 2 feet behind me in line.) The kind of funny part is that this was in the PETITE section of the store so no-one was all that tall, but most are more than 4'11".

So I wonder if it is just rudeness in general and when a person perceives whatever about a person and makes assumptions then they rationalize their rude behavior?

Again, I'm small, pleasant in dealing with (most) people. I am also very calm in an emergency. After my son's second open heart surgery (WARNING FOR THE Squeamish - skip this paragraph) they removed one of the main-line IV's that he's had. It was on his arm very high up near his armpit. It didn't clot as much as the nurse thought and pretty quickly after it started to bleed a lot. I grabbed his arm and applied pressure (he was 3 years old). The circumstances were such that I could not move (he was attached to lines) to push the call button. I was in a room near the nurses station. I called out "I need some help in here, he's bleeding" (nothing, chatting continued.) I tried this several times. I was not panicked but no one was coming to help, they continued their conversation. I was not worried but it was time to get some assistance as I was in an awkward position and my hand stopping the bleeding was a temporary measure so I put on the freaked out mom voice "My son is gushing blood" and INSTANTLY three nurses stopped their chatting and rushed in to help. It bothered me that I was ignored until I acted upset. The volume of my voice had been the same each time, it was the tone of voice that changed.

So I'm short and non-threatening/pleasant looking. I go by my first name almost all the time but when I want to cut through and get things moving quickly or if I'm dealing with customer service (or when I'm dealing with a new customer for the first time) I pull out the doctor title. It is amazing how people's attitutes change. I'm the same freaking person but put a title in front of me and I get way more respect and better customer service.

I dress up (sort of) most of the time. I love little comfortable dresses and sandals all summer long. They are more comfortable than shorts but have the bonus of people assuming I'm dressed up. People respond to me differently when I'm in a dress than when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. (Hair and makeup being the same). I like the comfort of the dresses but I also like the niceties that dressing well brings out in people. (I'm on a budget so I don't spend much to dress the way I do.) The difference between dresses and shorts is amazing! These are just simple little summery dresses that are as comfortable as pajamas and cooler than shorts but doors get opened, people smile and talk, etc.

I guess some or maybe a lot or maybe all of us make assumptions about people and treat people accordingly whether it be weight or height or gender or the manner of dress, etc.. I try to treat everyone with common decency but I'm sure there have been times when I've failed (PMS or whatever).

I don't have a clear cut point or a solution. Reading over this I can summerize that when I was heavy I tried to disappear and didn't want interactions so I can't remember if I felt people treated me differently. I know I acted as if I was in retreat from people more. I know that some people use whatever assumptions about other people (short and probably non-confrontational in my case) to try to get away with rude behavior. I know that at the same weight I get treated very differently depending upon if I'm wearing casual wear, casual dresses or business suits. I also know that whatever I'm wearing if I'm smiling and outgoing I get a different reaction from people than if I'm quiet and not smiling.

I'm sorry you are not being treated the way you should be treated. I wish I understood human nature more.

People are just rude in general.

I see it all the time at the service desk. I always explain to a customer that it would be in their best interest to just do the return first & not run back in the store to do an exchange or shopping/exchange cause if there is a line then they cannot just cut right back in front. A lot of them seem to understand, but there are still a few who go back & then come up to see the line has 10+ people in line & they think they can mosey on up & be waited on first. I also hate when you're waiting on someone & the next person has to literally be breathing down their neck since they're so close to them. I always want to say can you give the person some space? You being that close will not make the line go faster. I also hate when you're helping someone with a return, counting money for a paycheck, or explaining something important to a customer & you have someone come up & start asking questions or think they should be waited on that minute. I can't count how many times I have gotten ready to count a large amount of change & someone has to tell me they're leaving their stuff they already bought on the counter to use the restroom.

I also can't stand the people who roll their eyes when the line is long. I always try to be nice & tell them that I am going as fast as I can & that I can't get help since they're busy on the regular registers.

As a shopper I thought there was going to be a fight one day in a thrift store of all places. There was a man & a woman getting ready to ring out & they were arguing about cutting in line. Out of nowhere the man screamed to the lady that she better not have a taser. I was like are you serious?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    My younger son's name is Aaron. We tell him it is because we were too lazy to look through the rest of the name but. We didn't do much better for his older brother - he is Alex.

I love the name Aaron for a boy because it gives me a chance to call them A-A-Ron ...Key and Peele anybody?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

OMG, Key & Peele is the funniest *kitten* ever. Love it!
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

Um there is such a thing? Who makes it?

I have a washer/dryer all in one too. It's pretty common in the UK where space is at a premium. I don't have a dishwasher though. Jealous of you people moaning about loading the dishwasher!

Same. If someone asks if I have a dishwasher, I say "Yes", and point to myself.

We do all our dishes by hand too.....don't you have to prewash most things before the dishwasher anyway?

We're planning on naming our next dog Prewash.

HA! I see what you did there. ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Also my MFP was not working yesterday. I was able to read everyone's posts but couldn't quote or even reply at all. Got back on this morning and I was 15 pages behind. I'm still behind but getting there.

Confession: I miss living in Japan. The culture there is so wonderful. And the people are so much more thoughtful and lovely compared to Americans. I am an American, but other Americans disappoint me a great deal. I don't mean to offend anyone. We could learn so much from other cultures. Where we lived there was ZERO crime. You could sleep with your windows and doors wide open, leave your car unlocked. The mailman would actually come into your house and set your mail inside your house. I could go on and on, but that's just one small example.

Could not agree more.

Me too. I remember watching some docs about prisons over seas and the violence and crap from inmates was nearly non existent because they are actually treated properly. Some of the prisons had swimming pools and all kinds of crap to keep the inmates healthy. Some allow them to house with family members and friends etc. And most had menus and food of that of a five star hotel. I was amazed and thought it was brilliant.

Just wondering? Was it for all inmates or the ones who did petty crimes?

I know you like the ID channel & for all of those who watch it too they're having a special about Ted Bundy on Sunday. I will probably watch it since I have never watched anything based on him before.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31107096/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/where-theres-smoke/#.VXrLAEZySig

This is one of the cases that stuck with me for a long time. It almost seemed like something out of a movie. I couldn't believe the wife wasn't arrested too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    sb011407 wrote: »
    I eat Nutella straight from the jar and as I am standing up I don't class it as food lol

I bought Jif's Hazelnut Mocha to try on a rice cake. I hope it's good! I also want to try Jif's Cookies & Cream & Cheesecake spreads. If anyone finds them & tries them leave a review.

I was so proud of myself yesterday when I went to Wal-Mart & didn't buy any ice cream:D.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

So basically... I'm a very boring person.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

In case you haven't noticed, I play this game entirely too much.

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a grandma! I have to admit that I was looking forward to her dying because I wanted her ghost to live in my house...

I am so confused by all these Sims posts....what a weird game, lol.

Yes...and yes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I really don't think today is going to be a good day, calorie-wise. I'm all cravey and my will power is hiding in a corner somewhere...

You can do this! I think whenever we feel like binging we should post our feelings here. Good luck *hugs*.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Last night I thought I should get up to exercise at 6:00 A.M. & then thought nope & set my alarm to 7:30 A.M. Wouldn't you know it, but I got up around 6:00 A.M. & thought I would walk on the treadmill for an hour. The funniest thing was I checked the time a few times by lifting my iPad & the last time I checked it was at one hour exactly.

I confess that on my Spotify I have 2,400+ songs liked & usually pass half of them.

The weirdest song I exercised to today was Mike & The Mechanics Silent Running.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    Confession: so I tend to eat "low carb"; like less than 50 gms if I can manage it. But I'm having a pumpernickel bagel for breakfast right now and it. is. glorious. It's so good I may even have popcorn at the movies tonight to keep my carb high going. Yay for carbs!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Confession: so I tend to eat "low carb"; like less than 50 gms if I can manage it. But I'm having a pumpernickel bagel for breakfast right now and it. is. glorious. It's so good I may even have popcorn at the movies tonight to keep my carb high going. Yay for carbs!

I actually eat low carb (and not because it's trendy, I have IR and PCOS so when I eat the way I'm supposed to, I generally do the < 50 g carbs thing, too) but I do buy into the "carb reset" days of higher carbs. I'll do 701-00 g that day, stay off the scale for 2-3 days, and I'm fine. I time it around higher exercise days. I've been known to eat bagels then, too. They taste like HEAVEN when you normally eat LC. Of course, then I also bloat up like a mofo and my stomach hates me...
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options

People think we're weird but my whole family (extended family included) loves potato chips with cottage cheese- such a guilty pleasure snack! When I go home (like I am this weekend) I can be sure to see my family eating it!

My DH calls it "Heather's fat girl food" (and nope I'm not offended; I laugh every time) but when I was very heavy I used to LOVE nacho cheese doritos with either sour cream or cottage cheese. OMG so good! It's salty, creamy, cheesy goodness.

I don't eat Doritos anymore because my stomach can't handle them :(
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    I have a major case of "I want"s today. I want a dog (DH does too but we agreed to wait a year til our youngest is at least 18 months or older) and I went on Petfinder and found a Wirehaired Terrier puppy that I want so badly that if it weren't for the facts that a) he's in OH and b) DH said no for a year, I'd be driving to get that puppy today. WANT HIM!!!

I also want a new car. I have a 2007 Jeep and I love it but I've had it since early 2010 and I'm tired of it. It also gets 11 mpg. I want either a Chrysler 200 Limited or a Liberty, like a 2013 maybe. But... since I'm going in for more dental work tomorrow that's not happening.

I also want to get the MS degree. I know the ROI probably won't be worth it unless I adjunct teach on weekends/online/nights (which I'm not ruling out; I was an English teacher for a few years before my current line of work and I liked it) but I still want to do it.

AND now that I sound like a whiny brat (a la Violet in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory), I'll content myself with going down another lb on the scale.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    I also want to leave this pic in here, because it cracks me up

1drwoa75b7rw.jpg