New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    OK the TJs peanut butter and jelly yogurt was disgusting

agree - major disappointment

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    For all you Samoa loving people (on the incredibly unlikely chance you didn't know)... Keebler's Coconut Dreams are Samoa's. They share the bakery with Little Brownie Baker, who makes Samoa's (not Caramel Delights).

Yes, I know way to much about this. Samoa's for life! Down with Caramel Delights!

I once spent half an hour comparing the ingredients and nutrition facts between the two Girl Scout bakeries (ABC vs Little Brownie) so you aren't alone
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For all you Samoa loving people (on the incredibly unlikely chance you didn't know)... Keebler's Coconut Dreams are Samoa's. They share the bakery with Little Brownie Baker, who makes Samoa's (not Caramel Delights).

Yes, I know way to much about this. Samoa's for life! Down with Caramel Delights!

I once spent half an hour comparing the ingredients and nutrition facts between the two Girl Scout bakeries (ABC vs Little Brownie) so you aren't alone

Woot!

I forgot to mention that Costco is selling Coconut Dreams in Costco sized packages.

Your diet will hate me. Your wallet will thank me!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Woot!

I forgot to mention that Costco is selling Coconut Dreams in Costco sized packages.

Your diet will hate me. Your wallet will thank me!

Well that's something worth knowing.
  • whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anybody had these yet? I bought a couple to try. I was excited to see Steamfresh veggie options that also have a decent amount of protein.
    This particular one would be 480 calories for the bag, 26 g protein and 24 g fiber.
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    whirligigs wrote: »
    Anybody had these yet? I bought a couple to try. I was excited to see Steamfresh veggie options that also have a decent amount of protein.
    This particular one would be 480 calories for the bag, 26 g protein and 24 g fiber.
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg

I saw them. Was excited until I saw the calorie content, lol. I'll pass. I think the ratio of protein and calories on my broccoli or cauliflower bags is better...
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I hate you guys and this thread.

I walked into Target yesterday and walked out with the Crunch sprinkled donut cereal, a box of the Quaker samoaey granola bars (even without being sure you can or can't feel the coconut part) and a package of the peanut butter oreos (ok, that one's on me).

All that and some Kellogg's pastry crisps. Seriously the brown sugar flavor tastes just like a pop tart.

That's all I walked out of there with. I was a tiny bit embarrassed but was also feeling tired so just the thought of all that sugar helped. :)

Love the pastry crisps!

The Brown Sugar ones are my favorite!! They have recently become my go to post-lunch sweet treat. The Special K Fudge dipped pretzels are good too! I like both since they are already portioned in 100 calorie packs.

• whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg

I saw them. Was excited until I saw the calorie content, lol. I'll pass. I think the ratio of protein and calories on my broccoli or cauliflower bags is better...

I was thinking it would be good for an entire meal. No preparation, just throw in my lunch bag and heat up at work. Cheaper than my $10 Panera salads anyway.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg

I was thinking it would be good for an entire meal. No preparation, just throw in my lunch bag and heat up at work. Cheaper than my $10 Panera salads anyway.

For that amount of calories, I'd have to make it my whole lunch.
    I tend to just get steamer veggies where I can eat the whole thing since I'm too lazy to try and portion it at work
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg

I'm kind of the same. I'd rather bulk make up a quinoa and bean salad using red wine vinegar as a sauce and freeze it in portions. In fact, I may need to do that... My biggest issue is that my fiancee hates raw onions, and I think red onions are required for bean salad.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Krave disappointed me. I was surprised by how filling it was though.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've read that Brownie Batter Oreos are on the horizon. I haven't seen them on the shelf yet, but I keep looking. Soon...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    l1ek71q9dqk1.png

Have we discussed these yet? I bought them after Trader Joe's started selling the bigger version but I was good and said no....until I kinda wanted to try it. Then they were sold out or already gone and I decided to make my own by buying a slice of cheesecake and TJ's cookie butter but I highly doubt it was the same.

And then the cookie bites came out.

They're good! And a substantial size for the 90 calories each. TJ's also did a good job of preportioning them in the box so you can thaw however many pieces you want at a time in the fridge.

• Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    l1ek71q9dqk1.png

Have we discussed these yet? I bought them after Trader Joe's started selling the bigger version but I was good and said no....until I kinda wanted to try it. Then they were sold out or already gone and I decided to make my own by buying a slice of cheesecake and TJ's cookie butter but I highly doubt it was the same.

And then the cookie bites came out.

They're good! And a substantial size for the 90 calories each. TJ's also did a good job of preportioning them in the box so you can thaw however many pieces you want at a time in the fridge.

Most were actually smaller than 90 calories too. Notice I say 'were'. The box didn't last long. Love them. Liked them frozen even better actually.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ok the Impulsive Buy has pictures of Fiber One cheesecake bars. Must find.

I actually found these at Walmart on the clearance rack for $2/box. I'd never seen them before. My son loved them.

Found them at Target. Got the strawberry kind. It's pretty good for 150 calories (ok mine was closer to 160). It doesn't scream cheesecake though, but still good.

I went to Giant to see if they had them today, but no such luck.

How many flavors do they have?
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Monkey face chili pepper (seeds)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I finally tried the s'mores oreos. Very disappointed the first time I tried them. They're a little better the second time, but I really prefer the cotton candy flavor
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yz1tam67umli.jpg
    Tim Tam 3 beans- coffee, vanilla and cocoa beans.

These have been out for a few weeks, but are only available at Woolworths in Australia.
    Dark chocolate, can taste the coffee and cocoa bean makes it more bitter/less sweet than the regular Tim Tam, which I enjoyed. Couldn't taste the vanilla bean though. Overall, worth trying.

• Francl27
    Options
    Ok the Impulsive Buy has pictures of Fiber One cheesecake bars. Must find.

I actually found these at Walmart on the clearance rack for $2/box. I'd never seen them before. My son loved them.

Found them at Target. Got the strawberry kind. It's pretty good for 150 calories (ok mine was closer to 160). It doesn't scream cheesecake though, but still good.

I went to Giant to see if they had them today, but no such luck.

How many flavors do they have?

Sea salt caramel and strawberry. I typically love caramel stuff but I've been on a strawberry kick, so...

But they're just ok really. I don't think I'll buy them again.