New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2

This is the food & nutrition forum and thus, this thread is about food.

I've been looking for the new oreos, might have to pop into Target. I've noticed that my grocery stores don't have s'moreos or the reese's ones.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    lugi's sugar free Itialian ice 60 cal
    osais brand hummus several varieties 10 to 20 for 2 tbsp
    not a miss print the black bean hummus is 10 cal for 2 tbsp
    for 100 cal I can eat the whole carton!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2

I kinda think it's funny when people answer non-foodwise :innocent:

I tried the Quaker Samoaey bars and they were pretty good. I was happy there weren't pieces of coconut in them but could still taste the coconut flavor.

I *was* looking for the Tiramisu flavored yogurt because, even tho I'm not a coffee person at all, I loooooooove tiramisu (and coffee ice cream....OMG coffee ice cream!) but now that I know the coffee flavor is prominent, I'll stop.

I also weighed my cheesecake bite last night (never really weigh prepacked food much just because it's me eating the whole package eventually) and it came out to 25g, exactly what it says on the package.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Why did no one even mention this yet!?! I noticed it on Quest's Facebook two days ago, I MUST TRY IT.
    clau7wgcelk1.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Why did no one even mention this yet!?! I noticed it on Quest's Facebook two days ago, I MUST TRY IT.
    clau7wgcelk1.jpg

Oh good, no added sugar. People can still have this on the no sugar diet...

Although not sure what the calorie count is, but I'm surprised there's only 21-22g of protein (usually I see 24-25g). I wonder if I can find a sample somewhere.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Quest *finally* came out with sample packs of the chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter and strawberry so bet banana cream and salted caramel are coming.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2

I kinda think it's funny when people answer non-foodwise :innocent:

I tried the Quaker Samoaey bars and they were pretty good. I was happy there weren't pieces of coconut in them but could still taste the coconut flavor.

I *was* looking for the Tiramisu flavored yogurt because, even tho I'm not a coffee person at all, I loooooooove tiramisu (and coffee ice cream....OMG coffee ice cream!) but now that I know the coffee flavor is prominent, I'll stop.

I also weighed my cheesecake bite last night (never really weigh prepacked food much just because it's me eating the whole package eventually) and it came out to 25g, exactly what it says on the package.

Dude, if Francl won't mind, I'll talk about the yoga DVDs I've found lol

OH!
    I forgot, on a whim I got taffy from Trader Joes.
    Not terrible.
    I prefer fresh, handmade peanut taffy but their fruity flavors aren't bad
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I got two samples of Quest protein powder a while back. Strawberry was really good! I'm still saving PB because the powder is too rich for my blood.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    clau7wgcelk1.jpg

I want the salted caramel, not gonna lie... but I don't use protein powder enough to justify it.. I opened my bag of vanilla protein powder a year ago or something, and I have that trutein pudding that is just way too sweet and turns me into a carb craving maniac too.. but I spent so much on it that I hate throwing it away. I'll wait until there is a sale I think...
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    clau7wgcelk1.jpg

I want the salted caramel, not gonna lie... but I don't use protein powder enough to justify it.. I opened my bag of vanilla protein powder a year ago or something, and I have that trutein pudding that is just way too sweet and turns me into a carb craving maniac too.. but I spent so much on it that I hate throwing it away. I'll wait until there is a sale I think...

At least for Quest bars, you can request a sample pack from them.
    You may be able to do the same for the powder...

I moved after requesting my Quest bar sample (though I've tried every flavor except the new mint one) so I've never gotten mine lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I've looked for the light and fit Tiramisu but I haven't found it... but sucralose gives me major carb cravings anyway so it's probably a good thing.

Someone on Impulsive Buy said it could just be a limited edition sold at Giant. Shop Rite seems similar to Giant so maybe they'll also get it.

Ahahahah I'm actually the one who submitted the picture to Impulsive Buy! ;)
    Honestly I enjoyed the yogurt, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It reminded me of their light & fit caramel macchiato flavor; it had a very similar taste and texture, just less caramel and more emphasis on the coffee.

Awesome haha.

I went to Wal-Mart today to see if they had the Fiber One Cheesecake bars & to do some grocery shopping; unfortunately, they didn't have the bars.

I instead bought the Yoplait Limited Edition Watermelon for $0.55 cents & found it not too bad for only 90 calories. I also bought the new Breyers Hershey Kisses Blasts & some kind of Special K Brownies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anybody had these yet? I bought a couple to try. I was excited to see Steamfresh veggie options that also have a decent amount of protein.
    This particular one would be 480 calories for the bag, 26 g protein and 24 g fiber.
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg

I've tried them & they're not awful. The only thing I don't care for is how salty they're.

For the California style I just ate the past two days I used one serving per day.

Forgot to say that I bought this Screamin' Sicilian pizza at Wal-Mart for $6.98. I bought the one with a bunch of various cheeses.

http://www.screaminsicilian.com/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I've read that Brownie Batter Oreos are on the horizon. I haven't seen them on the shelf yet, but I keep looking. Soon...

For new food items look at www.theimpulsivebuy.com because they'll usually state where an item is found first.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I finally tried the s'mores oreos. Very disappointed the first time I tried them. They're a little better the second time, but I really prefer the cotton candy flavor

Exactly! I went to Target a few weeks ago to find more of The Cotton Candy Oreos. Did they pull them already?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Anybody had these yet? I bought a couple to try. I was excited to see Steamfresh veggie options that also have a decent amount of protein.
    This particular one would be 480 calories for the bag, 26 g protein and 24 g fiber.
    p9vkeqh7vexg.jpg

I've tried them & they're not awful. The only thing I don't care for is how salty they're.

For the California style I just ate the past two days I used one serving per day.

Forgot to say that I bought this Screamin' Sicilian pizza at Wal-Mart for $6.98. I bought the one with a bunch of various cheeses.

http://www.screaminsicilian.com/

Hm, I feel like I really need to try something called the "porkpocolypse".
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I finally tried the s'mores oreos. Very disappointed the first time I tried them. They're a little better the second time, but I really prefer the cotton candy flavor

Exactly! I went to Target a few weeks ago to find more of The Cotton Candy Oreos. Did they pull them already?

I haven't seen them lately but they didn't have the s'moreos anymore either.

I found the fudge cremes at Wegmans too though... but didn't buy them. Still got 3 packages of s'moreos.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Not sure how new these are, but these are really good for 80 calories.

http://www.specialk.com/en_us/products/brownies/heavenly-caramel-brownies.html

I'll probably buy another box.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites that may have already been mentioned. (Need to read this thread).

Market pantry chocolate peanut butter cup frozen yogurt. Less than 200 calories per serving and tastes like ice cream to me!

Chocolate mini wheats - decent fiber and protein. Sometimes I actually choose this over ice cream for an evening treat.