Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• stellagracr
    stellagracr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today I will log everything.
    I will go swimming even though I don't want to.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    lizskwar wrote: »
    I will get my butt off the coach and go for a 30 minute walk in my neighborhood.

GREAT attitude! if you live in NC, like i do..... do it EARLY in the day! (forecast 102 today, yikes)

You must be in the eastern half. I am in the Winston-Salem area and it is supposed to be 98 -a record.

Yep. Raleigh. My poor garden is suffering terribly. I only water my favorite lovelies.

Little lower temps today. But I think back to upper 90's tomorrow. The asphalt is so HOT. I walked a little outside early and did indoor treadmill this afternoon to finish up my 10,000 steps.

Stay cool.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

J4T Wed
    1. Take breakfast and lunch to work :smile:
    2. Weights and core exercises :smile:
    3. Zumba :smile:
    4. Plan ahead for dinner out :smile:
    5. 1200 calories - Went over because I had some of my husband's appetizer. I planned and then didn't follow the plan. Grrrr.

J4T Thur
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. C25K in morning
    3. Aqua-fit in evening
    4. STOP at 1200 calories
    5. Bible study

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    track what I eat.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,218 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm keeping it simple today.
    JFT 17/06
    1. Stay under 1200 calories. :) 3 days in a row! Is this becoming a habit.
    2. Pre-plan menus. This should help with No 1. :smiley: this worked well
    3. Drink 4 glasses of extra water and remember to log it. :smiley:

The present is a gift.
    Be mindful of each moment.

:star: Live! Laugh! Learn! Love! :star:

[/quote]
    Keeping it simple again.

JFT 18/06
    1. Pre-plan menus, log, and stick to the plan. (1200 cals max)
    2. Massive Action Day. I have guest next week so will start on a de clutter of living areas.
    3. 10,000 + steps.
    4. Meet Writing deadline.
    5. Do it all Mindfully.

I'm at home all day, which is often a trial for me. The kitchen is too handy!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,218 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning! I'd like to join this group!

Today I will:
    track all of my food
    take healthy snacks or a lunch with me
    take a 3 mile walk before dinner

Hi Esme! :smiley: Welcome to our little band of hopeful travellers. :wink:
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. log yep well paper
    2. brush/floss before bed yep yep
    3. cook chicken for salads, assuming I put it in the fridge. I really hope it's not sitting in the sink in a bowl of water to help defrost a little. Got home from work and the chicken was still in the sink, grrrr - decided not to tempt fate even though the chicken was in a vacuum sealed bag and didn't feel warm., not cold just not warm

JFT Thursday.
    log
    ignore the headache
    brush/floss before bed

• stellagracr
    stellagracr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday, June 18

Be ok with feeling hungry. It's just one feeling that doesn't define my day.
    Salad before meals
    Don't replace my exercise calories.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just for Today,
    I will mindfully experience the physical effects of last night's doritos binge and ask myself why i'd ever truly want to eat another one in this lifetime.

I will log every single bite today. binge or no binge.

just for today, i hate food. i love food, and i hate food. i also know it's just a feeling, i'm allowed to have it, and it will pass.

here's to a healthier Thursday to everyone, including myself.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    lizskwar wrote: »
    I will get my butt off the coach and go for a 30 minute walk in my neighborhood.

Little lower temps today. But I think back to upper 90's tomorrow. The asphalt is so HOT. I walked a little outside early and did indoor treadmill this afternoon to finish up my 10,000 steps.

Stay cool.

good for you! for getting in those 10,000 steps! I think i'll take a page from your book and do some treadmill walking myself today! :)
  • cpittman1222
    cpittman1222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group
    JFT Thursday

Stay within calorie goal
    Get in 10,000 steps

We can do this!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Jft Tuesday 6/16/15
    1.) Gym to lift weights :/
    2.)Bike ride when I get home from work :)
    3.)be calm & confident when giving my presentation :)

JFT 6/18/15

1.) appreciate the body I have, I can walk, I can run, I can swim. It is okay!
    2.) get out for some cardio at lunch today and enjoy the sunshine
    3.) get out here and post goals. Yeeewhooo

• ruby70
    Options
    debthomas2 wrote: »
    well, i blew the weekend.. i continue to "start over" it seems... and my knees are hurting and it's 95 degrees outwside, so no running until this evening, which is when i will probably give up... Just for today, gonna stick to my known working strategies... slimfast, protein bar, almonds, water water water, vegies, and NO WINE!

I know how you feel, by the end of the day it can be hard to have the energy to workout. Great job for starting over, one day at a time. I believe in you and I know you can do this. Start with baby steps and before you know it you will be running. I love to have a glass of wine at night too :wink:
  • ruby70
    Options
    debthomas2 wrote: »
    well, i blew the weekend.. i continue to "start over" it seems... and my knees are hurting and it's 95 degrees outwside, so no running until this evening, which is when i will probably give up... Just for today, gonna stick to my known working strategies... slimfast, protein bar, almonds, water water water, vegies, and NO WINE!

I know how you feel, by the end of the day it can be hard to have the energy to workout. Great job for starting over, one day at a time. I believe in you and I know you can do this. Start with baby steps and before you know it you will be running. I love to have a glass of wine at night too :wink:
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty blah about weight/food, etc. I have been yoyo-ing in this last "10 lb-to-go" area...down to 113, up to 117, down to 111, up to 115 (I am short and small-boned)...Any infraction on my eating discipline shows up way faster than during the time of my losing the first 35 lb--i.e., I never gained back weight while losing the first 35 lb!! Morning of graduation party, I only had 6 lb to reach goal. Now I am back up to 10 :'( . Post-party blues (and leftover food), I guess, too...So, I need to get remotivated.

JFT 18 June:
    1. Stay w/i fasting calorie goal.
    2. Drink 4 pints water (starting now!)
    3. Go on 30 min arm exercise walk
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    JFT Wednesday, June 18

Be ok with feeling hungry. It's just one feeling that doesn't define my day.
    Salad before meals
    Don't replace my exercise calories.

I have learned that feeling a little hungry will not kill me. It is a better feeling than that sick over-stuffed feeling any day.

Sometimes what I feel is thirst and I have a glass of water and just wait until meal time. If I can't wait, I have a few unsalted nuts or 1 T of peanut butter.

Can't believe these hanits have just become second nature. Am not going back to my old ways.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Just for Today,
    I will mindfully experience the physical effects of last night's doritos binge and ask myself why i'd ever truly want to eat another one in this lifetime.

just for today, i hate food. i love food, and i hate food. i also know it's just a feeling, i'm allowed to have it, and it will pass.

Amen to that!
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Today I will:
    track all of my food :)
    take healthy snacks or a lunch with me :)
    take a 3 mile walk before dinner (did only 2.2)
    [/quote]

Today I will:

Track all food
    Stay at or under 1200 cal goal
    walk 3 miles
    Do planks and pushups
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just for Today,

Yes!!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 steps :smiley: 13,030
    2. lift heavy things :smiley:
    3. under 100 G carbs :smiley:

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. Cuban dancing! Puerto Rican dancing! Lots of dancing!
    3. 10+ freggies