40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ane966 wrote: »
    As of this morning I've lost 113 lbs.!! ... and just this past week was able to run 4 miles-this is actually a bigger milestone than the weight loss to me. Even in the prime of my youth at 120 lbs. I couldn't run that far!!

YES! Weight does not always equal fitness ... awesome results, and awesomely said!!
  • tootiehas3
    tootiehas3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First time posting here! Will be 48 in a few weeks. I'm a teacher (out for summer next week-WOO HOO), divorced Mom of 3 (twin boys are graduating from high school tonight-WOO HOO), and a daughter going into 8th grade. Used to be a FIT 120 at 42 and am an out-of-shape 135 6 years later. Looking to get back on track!
    Goals: 1) Take a minimum of 8-10K steps/day (bought a Jawbone)
    2) Count my calories religiously and eat clean.
    3) Strength train 2x/week.
    4) Core exercises daily.

5) Still want to live a little, so if I only lose 8 or 10 lbs. but can maintain I'll be okay with that!

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy, you've inspired me! I start the original Insanity workouts on Monday! I'm not sure if this is going to feel really good or kill me, or a combination of both!
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Changing my work out plan. Hubby says I've gone as far as I can with what I was doing so he has me on his routine . Monday is back and biseps 4 exercises Tuesday is chest and tri's 4 exercises Wednesday is shoulders and abs Thursday cardio Friday legs Saturday day off Sunday cardio and abs I'm so dredding this lol but got to finish what started . Wish me luck my body is crying already lol
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ane966 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm almost 49 years old and today is day 365 since I've started my diet and exercise program. As of this morning I've lost 113 lbs.!! Whoop!! Still have another 40 to go but I'm doing great and just this past week was able to run 4 miles-this is actually a bigger milestone than the weight loss to me. Even in the prime of my youth at 120 lbs. I couldn't run that far!!
    My advice to all, yes count your calories, but more important is to move every day. I mean 1 hr. of cardio everyday if you can do it. Walking fast, running, biking, stair master, elliptical, aerobic classes - whatever it is, do it everyday and when your tired, do it a little bit more. I did not see steady weight loss until I averaged 12,000-14,000 steps a day - 10,000 just doesn't cut it.
    So, there it is, take it or leave it, but don't give up and good luck to everyone out there!

Thank you! You are right, there is no magic pill. It takes commitment & consistency!!! Your post was motivating!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Evening Cool Kids. I had a lazy day here on the Larro Ranchero. Only an hour and a half in the garden, and much of that watering. I did a little watering of me when I came in. I soaked in a cool tub {and read} for a couple of hours.

Margie and I went out to Ruby Tuesday's tonight. If I wasn't trying to gain weight, that place would be scary. When we got home we cut the first melon of the year. It was a little sun burnt one, and wasn't great, but it was melon and we did grow it ourselves.

Here are the numbers for the week: 20.4% Body Fat, 23.6 BMI & 168.9 Pounds. That is a loss of 2.2 pounds for the week, and my lowest {on a check-in day} weight yet. Maybe this is the bottom and I will rebound back up where I want to be.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Welcome to all the new guys and hello to everyone else.

qqpru9zvzrwf.jpg
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm a newbie to the group! 41 years old with a 7 year old and 2 year old to chase around! I've been tracking with MFP since February 27th and am currently 33 pounds down with about 46 to go, I think. I have never been in a healthy weight range in my life and I don't totally know what that right spot for my body is going to be, so I picked a random number in the "healthy" weight range for my height (5'3") and I'll figure it out he closer I get I suppose :). Looking forward to following along on this journey with you! --T
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy, you've inspired me! I start the original Insanity workouts on Monday! I'm not sure if this is going to feel really good or kill me, or a combination of both!
    yup, both. but after it kills the old you, the new you will rise from it's ashes! LOL!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 34 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo Cardio Plus"=Done! well, that was really, really fast!
  • Patsalmer
    Patsalmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody.... Haven't posted in a while, been busy getting parts for the business, invoices, and running errands which mostly involve driving.... Not been moving as much as I'd like.... Being busy with business also means less time for planning and cooking healthy..
    Not happy with what my scale said this morning, but I guess I should be happy it wasn't't worse...160.4 lbs same as last week at weigh in.

Anyways on the 12th my oldest turned 20, and since he is always helping us out in the business, with the animals (horses, dogs) and with his brother and sister.... We got him a car... He was very happy.... Its not new. But its better and newer than my car!! Lol

And I also got a trampoline, I'd been meaning to get one, and I saw them on sale (15ft, for $ 299.00). (We don't see big ones here much especially not at that price.) I hated putting it together.. Good thing my oldest was here, otherwise it would never have gotten out of the box!! Those things are hard to assemble!! Takes a lot of strength to pull those springs and attach the mat to the sides!!! And the instructions included are not great. We assembled it yesterday, today my shoulders and back are a bit sore.. But they love it, so it was worth the hard work!!
    I am hoping to build them some sort of steps with rails and a platform for them to put their shoes on by the end of this week... Wish me luck!
    My youngest begins soccer this week, he is very excited...And I can't wait because this means I get to walk around while I watch him practice. Just have to remember to get something to repell those pesky mosquitoes, OFF doesn't seem to work...and they get us good!!
    Hope everybody is good week.

And Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads!!!
  • Patsalmer
    Options
    Thought of posting a picture of the kids on trampoline.... gfx5263uxgxp.jpg
  • Patsalmer
    Options
    And we moved the trampoline, those tree branches where in the way... Have a good weekend everybody!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Am having emergency eye surgery, today. Detached retina. Kind of common in cataract patients. Anyway, no lifting for a couple weeks, but the procedure they are doing will let me fly...Europe is only 3.5 weeks away!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    tore out some azaleas at mom's, followed by a short trail hike with the pup!
    738mnz3geaf7.jpg
    gaqqt89s9pe5.jpg
    y7nhepfiw5vm.jpg
    ha86h0rnxv7c.png

• gam3rguy
    Options
    ...and planted that pink thing. she's gonna plant some smaller things on her own.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Am having emergency eye surgery, today. Detached retina. Kind of common in cataract patients. Anyway, no lifting for a couple weeks, but the procedure they are doing will let me fly...Europe is only 3.5 weeks away!
    that sucks...but hey, EUROPE!

• GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sending a welcome to all new cool kids a a happy Father's Day to all you dad out there
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    yup, both. but after it kills the old you, the new you will rise from it's ashes! LOL!

What a great image! Oh, And I feel for you exercising with the pup. Mine thinks I'm a salt lick when I do push ups.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Heading to scout camp with 14:kids tomorrow n none of them are mine. 15th year in a row.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Out for Father's Day to a gastropub today. It'll be the first meal out since I started losing weight. I have some concerns - mostly that I doubt the pub lists calorific values on its menu. Luckily, it's a lunchtime meal, so I should be able to come home and work out what I ate, and then readjust for the rest of the day. Not too stressed though, just aware this could be a blowout day, and trying to mentally prepare for that. I am taking the tips to overestimate the calories when you don't know, rather than under estimate and really screw up on the scale the next day!