20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Connie and Nancy- It is very sad, I think people can be so crazy, for the past couple of weeks in downtown Louisville, everyday there is atleast 2 murders, its been on the news about murders being on the rise, here. I hope they can get some control over the problems soon. It just makes you shake your head in disbelief. Janice

When I was really young I used to watch the local news every afternoon, and even as a kid I noticed the extreme trend of murders in downtown Louisville. So much so, that one day I decided to start writing down how many were reported new each day. What I noticed was after a while they stopped reporting on them, not because they had stopped or declined, but because there were so many they just seemed to take a break from reporting it all. It seems like there's no improvement, even after all these years.
    On the subject of depraved people.. We saw a house yesterday that we were going to put an offer on today. Last night I thought to check the criminal activity records for the zipcode, and I'm glad I did. Within the 1 mile radius of the house, there were 17 registered sex offenders, and within the three adjacent streets were atleast 5 convicted rapists. As much as we loved the house, needless to say we decided not to go forward with it. I can't imagine sitting on my front porch while my husband is gone, with multiple rapists within a short walk from me. I wouldn't even feel safe locked inside. It was a heartbreak, but wow.

I'm going to focus on the fact that there is a wonderful group of people here, and you all remind me every day that there are still good people in the world.

-Rachel
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Rachel- what was the zip code you looked up, just for curiosity.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You are right Rach. There are some really awesome people out there in this world. It's just the stupid idiots that ruin it for the rest of us. I really like this misfit gang. You guys are really great people. And if any of you come up to Alaska just let me know and I can come meet the cruise ship at the dock and show you around town

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Friday!

It's going to be another hot day here so Coop has had his walk, and I am headed to the gym for personal training and the pool.
    I'll check back with you guys later.

Stay strong.
    Connie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Friday, everyone! I am reading along just not much to report. Losing and gaining the same 2lbs over and over again. I love summer but I also need structure to be successful.

Not giving up! Love you misfit gals!
    Ruthie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

finished packing all the duffels, much relieved!!

ha ha ruthie, totally agree, gaining and losing the same lbs for a bit. feel like I will make progress as soon as I get my kids off to camp!!

hope everyone is well!

stephanie
  • rayw89
    Options
    Rachel- what was the zip code you looked up, just for curiosity.

It was 40065, the radius around Main Street in Shelbyville. It's where all those gorgeous historic Victorian homes are rotting to pieces and being rented out as "apartments".

Esther, maybe one day I can take you up on that tour offer! Some friends of ours took an Alaskan cruise for their honeymoon and they loved it.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I was nervous to get on the scale this morning, but WOW, I lost 3.2 lbs. since last Friday's weigh in. This "eat what you want" thing I've been doing the last couple weekends seems to be working quite alright! I think I'll continue it unless I see a negative response along the line. But hopefully that won't happen, it sure makes things simpler to not track as strictly on the weekend. Though I can't say my stomach always feels great from it. :P I'll try to practice decent moderation with it.
    So that puts me 3.6 lbs. from my goal! I can't believe it! I might have to readjust my goal and add a few more lbs. to it because I think there may be a little bit more than 3.6 lbs. of jiggle still on me. I'll definitely be adding in some more daily calories soon though.

I have "College Mathematics"(yuck!) tonight, wish me luck! I haven't been good at math in several, several years. Hopefully I'll like my teacher though, I think that makes all the difference. I liked my instructor last night a lot better than my Tuesday instructor. Two out of 3 would be nice!

-Rachel
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @rayw89 Your body is loving the increase of calories, knows more is coming to fuel your workouts, and has decided to release the fat. Your metabolism is running at full speed! Yay!!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello I been without my wireless since yesterday and also my home phone . Boy was I lost. Alice took off work to come and fixed it for us. I still have a few bugs to work out but they could wait.

Sorry to hear about the shooting in SC . Crazy world we live in. So Sad.

Esther I had a chance to move to Alaska in 1950. My ex husband wanted me to come up there He rented us a place and I back out. You were not even born yet? So you could not have showed me around

So glad to be able to talk to your all. I missed every one of you

<3 Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Thanks caliecat. I finally had the chance to go to MFP and they reset my counter. So I am at 111 days!!!!!!!

I go back to the doc in October. My hubby and I are planning to take in a Seattle Seahawks/Detroit Lions football game. A real football game has been on my bucket list for a long time. We have talked about it for a long time we just have not had the opportunity. Hopefully this year......

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Visiting my sister and hope I can stay on track!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Missed you, too, Marie!
    Hi Esther!
    Nancy..enjoy your sister!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Connie
  • rayw89
    Options
    @rayw89 Your body is loving the increase of calories, knows more is coming to fuel your workouts, and has decided to release the fat. Your metabolism is running at full speed! Yay!!

Connie

I love the sound of that! My husband also suggested that my metabolism is running high now, which would explain the random days of super hunger that I was having before I started my weekend splurging trend. I'm thinking tomorrow hummus will be on my splurge list. :)

Marie, I'm glad you're back on! :)

Esther, I'm glad you got your days count back!

Nancy, I hope you enjoyed visiting with your sister and are happy with your food options/choices.

Have a lovely weekend everybody!

-Rachel
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Esther So glad you got your days back
    Great morning this 2o th day of June. Getting so close to the 4th of July.

So what is the plan for after that.
    The Easter misfits will follow suit with the 4 th Of July group. Will just ramble on like we are doing .emjoying each other visit hopefully lose a little along the way. Watching the losers reaching their goal. And the rest of us struggling along But one thing we will never give up the fight. We still have our hopes and dreams.
    love this gang of misfits

Alice could not get this new computer to accept my embroidery software. so I still can't download new design. or even copy my old ones on a disk to embroidery
    So that problem still exsist. That company is not open on the weekend so she will have to take off work to try to get it fixed. Always something.

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Yes, Marie, 2 weeks left on the 4th challenge thread. Where did the time go? I just want to stay here with the misfits. As you say, we can just continue to ramble on. As we get closer to Easter, though, many folks will think it's an actual challenge!! :)

Another hot day, but it is an easy one because I'm not exercising.
    Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Everything is chugging along fine here. The kittens finally learned how to clear their bowels, which made us happier than any 2 people should ever be over poop. Lol. But I guess they're really having a good time with it because now they're going like crazy! We're going to attempt to give them baths today, and tomorrow they'll spend the day at my brother's house so that we won't have to take them to my in-laws. I'm going to head out shortly to get some supplies for them. I won't be hitting the gym this weekend, I have too much to do as far as homework and kitten maintenance. Also not tracking calories this weekend. Monday will be back to normal routine.

I found out yesterday that school will be out on July 3rd for the 4th of July holiday. What a relief! One less homework assignment for that week, and that'll make it easier for me to tally the 4th Challenge results. We'll have to make up several classes at the end of the quarter though, because the first weekend in August is when the school will move, so we'll miss another 2 days from that. That one is convenient too though because we're supposed to go to Tennessee with my sister and brother in-law that weekend.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some houses on Wednesday, I'm looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend, everybody. Try to get some relaxation in!

-Rachel
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I am so happy to see everyone doing so well <3. Great job on the weight loss Rachel! WOW :) I am finding it interesting that Connie has massively upped her calories and hasn't been gaining...... I just have to shake my head at this whole thing. I have worked my way up to 1250 calories this week and am up half a pound :/ My maintenance calories are supposed to be 1340. I am going to take it slow moving up to THAT grand total hahaha!

Such a tragic week.... We have had a rash of teen suicides, the horrible killing spree at that church, ending with the father of one of my oldest son's best friends dying in a horrible accident. My son is just devastated because Dale was a pseudo dad and great mentor to him.

A couple years ago there was a shooting at a church my parents attend at their winter home down in California. It is so sad for me that now they lock the doors to the church during service or during the education classes and bible study groups. I was also horrified to learn that the ushers all carry concealed weapons. What a crazy world we live in :(

I slept in this morning and had a lovely breakfast with one of my sons. He is getting ready for his annual summer trip to spend time in New York with his dad's family. Guess it is time for me to get moving today. I have a couple of decks to get stained... Bleech!

Love you all my misfit friends <3. Tami
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, Esther, I forgot to say you will love going to the Seahawks game <3. When my son was in college I actually learned I enjoy the college games more than the pros, but have been blessed to be surrounded by pro basketball, soccer, baseball and football teams. We usually try to hit one pro game per season just for fun. T
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Enjoying visiting with my sister and family.
    Not doing well with my food. Sorry I will have to deal with those pesky few pounds again!!!

Happy this group will stay together for another round of rambling!!!

Nancy