The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Road "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier National Park today. Absolutely beautiful! There was a mountain goat at the parking lot at the top that found someone's spilled coffee. He was drinking it like a coffee addict. :smile: It was funny. :smile:

You missed a classic YouTube vid there pal........get a gopro for your noggin.......capture this stuff for us all to see.....lol
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    Speaking of video, How are the puppies?
  • fatjon73
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Speaking of video, How are the puppies?

there ace thanks....settling in well......training has started......they can sit so far.....not the brightest of animals.......and stubborn fookers too.....lol......

kkcit85j742e.jpg
    ypuu9oa11j3e.jpg
    gdijwnxwykc1.jpg
    8qkac0wqoc6w.jpg
    rpkjgdnoy4xv.jpg
    kvy1cxc1wpz9.jpg
    2med6sj4gvk3.jpg
    k9ondzagrme1.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So. Much. Cute. Squee!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Adorable puppies. So squishy.

@belimawr Hackensaw Boys! The turn-out was so sad. Less than 50 people. When I saw 'em in VA, it was packed. They played like it was a full house though. For the last song, they came down on the floor and played just feet from us. It was a good time! Also found out on of the other bands I love is coming close in October! Yay! We'll be hitting Chicago, IA City...not sure about Detroit or Indy yet...but yay!

Bought some begonias to plant after taking a pic of some the other day. I was so overwhelmed at the stores today...so little plant knowledge! And I had to go to 3 places for the begonias I wanted. I also bought some fuschias and I want to get some ferns. We have to make sure everything is non-toxic to our pets...or basket-able.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Jon! Those are so CUTE!!!! The photos are just what I needed after a string of three euthanasias in a row tonight.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!

I did inform my dad(in front of the immigration people) that working nights and having to conform to his schedule, and that of the rest of the world, was difficult. I made the immigration dude feel like *kitten* with a mini rant after he said he couldn't help us at this time BUT if we had come to him FIRST we would be walking out the door with a certificate of naturalization for my dad. So, THAT was super fun.

My dad, in response to my night shift dilemma, asked me what time the grocery store opened(6am). So tomorrow, we will be going shopping as soon as I get home(7:30am). He just asks that coffee be ready because he will be tired and groggy. Done and DONE! As for my uncle, he has decided to only ask me for a 'beer run' if we are both awake at the same time and the corner store is open. My dad also volunteered to pick up beer on my uncle's behalf while we are at the grocery store on a weekly basis.

I feel the beer thing would be easier if I felt he was actually enjoying it. Drinking 12 beers in a 4-6 hour period doesn't give the impression of savoring the beverage. But maybe that's just me.

All I know is the sooner this naturalization thing is done with, the sooner my dad can get a driver's license and then these burdens will be off of me and I can sleep to my heart's content.

Although, sleeping has gotten considerably more difficult because my dog, Tessa has decided that I am NEVER to be alone. She has figured out how to open the bathroom door. I can not even pee in peace.... and naturally she insists on sleeping with me, during the day, in my bed. I tried kicking her out, but, as I said earlier, she knows how to open doors... :grumble:

ETA: punctuation.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Maybe you will get some relief and some sleep here soon. I certainly hope so.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    awww cute puppies !!!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My daughter saw some tan and black brindled chihuahuas today at the garden/pet store. She said she wants a puppy and tried to convince us that she can care for one and they aren't that much work. She is 5. She barely wipes her own butt properly. Mmmm-hmmm. I told her #1, we go to the pound and adopt. #2, no. Oddly enough, my fiance said that having Uncle Jeff at our house while dog-sitting him, that it makes him want a small dog. He likes Bostons and Frenchies and I do not. I like dachshunds and he does not. I don't see a small dog in our future. They are tough to pick out too. We are all for adopting adult cats but prefer puppies over adult dogs just because we like to train them. (Training the cats has never been an option!) Puppies at the shelter can be deceiving and I'm pretty good at guessing breed mixes!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's been busy here tonight! I didn't get on here until I'd been here 4 hours. On a positive note, someone made 16 reservations for tonight and tomorrow, and I get a bonus for every reservation I make. So yay!
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    IM not workin the night shift but I'm bored! and it's night time on Friday!
  • salstg
    salstg Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    samesies
  • jennifer_417
    edited June 2015
    Options

I did inform my dad(in front of the immigration people) that working nights and having to conform to his schedule, and that of the rest of the world, was difficult. I made the immigration dude feel like *kitten* with a mini rant after he said he couldn't help us at this time BUT if we had come to him FIRST we would be walking out the door with a certificate of naturalization for my dad. So, THAT was super fun.

My dad, in response to my night shift dilemma, asked me what time the grocery store opened(6am). So tomorrow, we will be going shopping as soon as I get home(7:30am). He just asks that coffee be ready because he will be tired and groggy. Done and DONE! As for my uncle, he has decided to only ask me for a 'beer run' if we are both awake at the same time and the corner store is open. My dad also volunteered to pick up beer on my uncle's behalf while we are at the grocery store on a weekly basis.

I feel the beer thing would be easier if I felt he was actually enjoying it. Drinking 12 beers in a 4-6 hour period doesn't give the impression of savoring the beverage. But maybe that's just me.

All I know is the sooner this naturalization thing is done with, the sooner my dad can get a driver's license and then these burdens will be off of me and I can sleep to my heart's content.

Although, sleeping has gotten considerably more difficult because my dog, Tessa has decided that I am NEVER to be alone. She has figured out how to open the bathroom door. I can not even pee in peace.... and naturally she insists on sleeping with me, during the day, in my bed. I tried kicking her out, but, as I said earlier, she knows how to open doors... :grumble:

Well, I'm glad they're at least willing to work a little more with your schedule...as for your puppy, wish I knew what to tell you. I always liked it when my dog slept on my bed (when I had a dog!)

• fatjon73
    Options

Oh yes a dog HAS to sleep on the bed with you....my Duke used to get IN bed with us too in the winter.....free heating for us all.....best water bottle ever.....I still to this day do not know how...........but when we were out...we would come home and he would be under the covers.....just his nose sticking out........like someone had put him under too....no big ruffled mess on bed.....he was in the made bed perfectly.......I set up a camera to catch it....never did....lol.....I always wanted to see how he did it....

a48dblba8xr1.jpg
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It's been busy here tonight! I didn't get on here until I'd been here 4 hours. On a positive note, someone made 16 reservations for tonight and tomorrow, and I get a bonus for every reservation I make. So yay!

Wha?! I've worked in hospitality for years...never got bonuses for making reservations!? Enrolling people in rewards programs, but not reservations! I've been working for the wrong chains...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh yes a dog HAS to sleep on the bed with you....my Duke used to get IN bed with us too in the winter.....free heating for us all.....best water bottle ever.....I still to this day do not know how...........but when we were out...we would come home and he would be under the covers.....just his nose sticking out........like someone had put him under too....no big ruffled mess on bed.....he was in the made bed perfectly.......I set up a camera to catch it....never did....lol.....I always wanted to see how he did it....

a48dblba8xr1.jpg
    [/quote]

We find our Nash like that! Head on a pillow, covers over him...he's such a cozy cuddle dog.

I may have missed it...what are the puppies' names?

• jennifer_417
    Options

Wha?! I've worked in hospitality for years...never got bonuses for making reservations!? Enrolling people in rewards programs, but not reservations! I've been working for the wrong chains...

Well, we don't get things like...you know, insurance, paid vacation days, etc. So it's a trade-off.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - My wife's Doberman sleeps under the covers at her feet. You've gotta do it! They love it. :-)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    We used to get benefits when we were owned by a bigger company. We were franchised out two years ago, bought by a private owner...no more insurance but long-term employees were offered paid vacation so that's ok. The insurance we had was junky anyway. And being able to stay cheap at hotels across the nation...not so bad either. We stayed in downtown Chicago, I mean, Michigan Ave downtown for less than $50! Our new owner is actually better than we were owned corporately...