20 weeks to a healthier me!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I lost 1.5 pounds this week. Down to 197.5 this morning .
    That is Awesome!! Keep up the good work!!
    I went over yesterday and was not feeling up to working out today (to many Margaritas), but tomorrow is another day :O)
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

i haven't been around because i've been in a bit of a slump. It feels like there is always some reason to avoid eating well or exercising...some special event or special meal! But i need to stop making excuses!!

HOpe you have all been doing well.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    Hi all-

i haven't been around because i've been in a bit of a slump. It feels like there is always some reason to avoid eating well or exercising...some special event or special meal! But i need to stop making excuses!!

Hope you have all been doing well.
    I know how you feel! My birthday was Tuesday so I had Cake and then this Friday is my son’s graduation then his party is Saturday with lots of people and food UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Sunday is a new day and we should be done with parties till July 4th and I will have to just deal with that but I'm not giving up. We will all have some setbacks but we can never give up!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    So this week has been a bust. 1. my allergies are kicking my *kitten*. 2. I've just been feeling down. I went to the store the other day to buy a couple new nic shirts for work and everything I liked seemed to make me feel huge. I've been drinking pretty much half my calories (that's my new comfort thing for some reason) and I just can't seem to get out of it. :(
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Hi all-

Hope you have all been doing well.
    I know how you feel! My birthday was Tuesday so I had Cake and then this Friday is my son’s graduation then his party is Saturday with lots of people and food UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Sunday is a new day and we should be done with parties till July 4th and I will have to just deal with that but I'm not giving up. We will all have some setbacks but we can never give up!!

You are right...it is just so easy to give in and say 'but i HAVE to have cake etc"...not that there is anything wrong with cake...if you eat well the rest of the day and just have a small piece!! That is my goal..moderation and cutting out of some things entirely again ..well here we go again. :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 196.0 this week lost 1.5 this week .
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, this week I sort of hate myself. I must, because I just keep buying - and eating - more and more junk. The worst part? I really don't know why... except that everything seems rather colourless and depressing... and there's always a handy excuse or enabler around.

Anyway, I *had* lost 30 lbs, but now I'm at only 26 lbs... and I think there may be more in sight... which totally sucks.

Any suggestions on regaining motivation? Or, at least the willpower to toss the candy and pizza into the trash?
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Great job! So full of admiration for your ability to keep on trucking!
  • recipe4success
    Options

congrats!!!
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Well, this week I sort of hate myself. I must, because I just keep buying - and eating - more and more junk. The worst part? I really don't know why... except that everything seems rather colourless and depressing... and there's always a handy excuse or enabler around.

Anyway, I *had* lost 30 lbs, but now I'm at only 26 lbs... and I think there may be more in sight... which totally sucks.

Any suggestions on regaining motivation? Or, at least the willpower to toss the candy and pizza into the trash?

I totally understand where you are coming from! What helps me the most, and it isn't easy...is to figure out why you are eating badly at the moment. I know it is hard, and it isn't something you may want to share on here, which is fine. Right now I know I am eating badly because i'm going through a period of change in my life and it scares me...and i don't want to face it. So i eat. That is the short of it. I am accepting my true feelings and that helps me cope with THEM, rather than coping by eating badly.

In my opinion and experience ...if we don't face the true reasons for eating badly we are likely to go right back into the old habits.

Just my two cents.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    OK stay the same this week... But one thing I have notice at night if I'm hungry and I eat protein the next morning I go down a lb. Through the week sometimes my weight goes up a lb or 2. I'm going to test this out for a week and see what happen if I eat protein at night will I loss weight. Good luck to every body and lets see what happen next week..
  • tyg4bless
    tyg4bless Posts: 7
    Options
    i'm so in!! what do we have to do?
  • recipe4success
    Options
    OK stay the same this week... But one thing I have notice at night if I'm hungry and I eat protein the next morning I go down a lb. Through the week sometimes my weight goes up a lb or 2. I'm going to test this out for a week and see what happen if I eat protein at night will I loss weight. Good luck to every body and lets see what happen next week..

worth a try !! a little extra protein isn't a bad thing anyway :)

and staying the same far better than gaining!
  • recipe4success
    Options
    i'm so in!! what do we have to do?

we log in our weights on wednesdays..and post on the thread whenever you like to stay motivated!!
  • kris1085
    Options
    I stayed the same this week . Still at 196.0. I have lost a total of 40 pounds since January so im not upset when i dont have a loss one week . Everyone is doing a wonderful Job !
  • kris1085
    Options
    I have lost another pound this week to be at 195.0 ~
  • kris1085
    Options
    We have a weigh in tomorrow ! Everyone is kinda quiet i hope that everyone is having a good week !
  • kris1085
    Options
    I have lost 1.5 pounds to be at 193.5 !
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I'm in!
    i have just started a couple of weeks ago
    what do we have to do?
    in a month i lost 11LBS yeah
    looking forward to getting out of the 200"s
    feel free to add me:)