Magnificant Mama (Closed Group) May 2011

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever seen a chiropractor while pregnant? A friend of mine suggested it to help with pelvic allignment, and said that it would help with baby's positioning and passing through the birth canal. I haven't done any research, just thought I'd see if anyone had done it before, and felt it was a benefit. I see my Dr. on Thursday and I plan on asking her too.

Hi to everyone and hope all is well!

Never done that but I am not fond of chiropractors, I used to work for one and IMO they adjust your spine just enough to keep you coming back in a week or two. I would get adjusted atleast once a week and had more back and hip pain than I do now without having seen one in a 10 years. We did have a accupunturist and I LOVED the results I had with that. I was having TOM every other week and with a few sessions it went to normal.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's week has started off well. We actually saw a little bit of the.... SUN today! It's been almost 2 weeks so it was fantastic just to soak a little bit up!

I was curious to see how active your little one's where when/while you were/are pregnant??? I honestly can't believe how active my little man is. I am lucky to get a 45-1 hour break in between most days. And if he happens to be really "quiet" during the day then he's crazzzzy active at night. Night seems to be his favorite time to be awake too. I often fall asleep with my hands on my belly due to trying to get as close to him as I can :love: and when I wake up in the night it's always because of him kicking/rolling/punching.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I remember when all you ladies were pregnant! It doesn't seem like very long ago! I can't believe how time flies!

Danielle- My placenta is in the front which makes it so that I don't feel my LO quite as much or as strong as others. Its like a pillow between you and the baby. lately I still feel her a lot, which makes me realize how much she is growing!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Sheri – thanks for the info. Here’s my stupid question: if you can’t put frozen milk in the fridge, do you leave it on the counter over night to defrost?

Maureen – that’s so nice of your cousins to paint the nursery for you!

Julie – I’m glad the cramps and contractions stopped. Yea for a good nights sleep but sorry you had to deal with a horrible headache to get it.

Anne – the only time I ever had a problem with water was during the first trimester, just looking at it made me sick to my stomach. I normally get anywhere from 12 to 16 eight oz glasses a day. Just don’t ask how often I have to go to the bathroom! :laugh: Oh and I remember when we were on the TTC and you found out you were pregnant. I remember thinking that by the time I got pregnant everyone would have had their babies already!

Rachael – that was so sweet! Of course my sensitive husband says “what about the people who came to watch the movie?” :huh: Ugh, I swear he used to be romantic.

Meokk – welcome back!!!

Danielle – Kathryn has been super active the past week or so. I feel her move about every 20 minutes. I’ve only been able to feel her from the outside once, but her movements get stronger every day so I’m sure it won’t be much longer now.
  • jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    Sheri, wow how did I never realize that our babies were born 1 day apart? Hayley is 8 weeks on the 26th!

My strep b test was vaginal only. I also got a catheter with Brielle when I was induced after my epidural. I didn't feel it at all and I didn't have the stinging problem someone else mentioned. I had the catheter in for about 24 hours - just another reason why you don't want to get induced!

I guess we both didn't notice, I remembered that Hayliey was born first but it must have slipped my mind. Brooklynn was my April Fools baby :laugh:
    they are not one day apart, they are a week apart if she was born april 1.. lol i'm so exhausted i can't even keep track of how many weeks old my baby is!
    Has anyone ever seen a chiropractor while pregnant? A friend of mine suggested it to help with pelvic allignment, and said that it would help with baby's positioning and passing through the birth canal. I haven't done any research, just thought I'd see if anyone had done it before, and felt it was a benefit. I see my Dr. on Thursday and I plan on asking her too.
    i did see one that was recommended by my doctor and he did no good for me :(
    Hope everyone's week has started off well. We actually saw a little bit of the.... SUN today! It's been almost 2 weeks so it was fantastic just to soak a little bit up!

I was curious to see how active your little one's where when/while you were/are pregnant??? I honestly can't believe how active my little man is. I am lucky to get a 45-1 hour break in between most days. And if he happens to be really "quiet" during the day then he's crazzzzy active at night. Night seems to be his favorite time to be awake too. I often fall asleep with my hands on my belly due to trying to get as close to him as I can :love: and when I wake up in the night it's always because of him kicking/rolling/punching.
    my babies were both super active right at the same time in my pregnancies as you are right now but they slowed down as they got bigger and ran out of room lol
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have read your posts but find it difficult to stay online for long periods at the moment. Will try to respond to everyone tomorrow.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Danielle - Maisie was super active from about 18 weeks through around 30 weeks. There were times I swear I didn't go more than 2-3 minutes without feeling her for an entire day. Around 27 weeks I was seriously sore from all the constant kicking. :laugh: I've read it's very common for babies to be more active at night but Maisie has always been more active during the day. Until a few weeks ago, I never felt her during the middle of the night at all (and I know for a fact it wasn't because I was sleeing too soundly to feel her! :laugh:). She'd been inactive from around 11pm - 7am every night. Lately I've been feeling her move a little more often during the night, but she's still much more active during the day. Now it's mostly stretching and rolling with an occasional kick or her fussing at me because I've tried to move her over (like yesterday when it was *kitten* in ribs all afternoon & I had to stand up at my desk to work because I couldn't sit down comfortably :huh:).
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Ronya - in terms of maternity leave... I am taking 12 weeks because I can legally. the first week will be full pay (might even be 2-3 weeks if I have to use up all my leave). After that I will go on short term disability which is only 60% pay, and I have no clue how long that will last. I cant even talk to anyone and get any paperwork done until June 8th (1 month prior to my due date) and no one can really talk to me due to HIPPA. It has been a very frustrating process so far. It sounds like though, if I can get the dr to put on my sheets that I need off for hte 12 weeks then I can at least get 60% pay for that time. Otherwise I will go without pay. Its what our savings account is for, but I was hoping not to use all that up.

Danielle - Baby S goes crazy all morning. She seems to calm down in the afternoon and her evening temprament totally depends on mine. If I am not having a good night and really uncomfortable, then she seems to lay quiet. If I spend the night stretched out in front of the tv (usually turns into nap time), she will practice her kick-boxing skills. She does like to stretch out a bit too.

I have never had much luck with chiropractors before being pregnant so I am not planning on going to see one now that I am pregnant.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

Rachael – that was so sweet! Of course my sensitive husband says “what about the people who came to watch the movie?” :huh: Ugh, I swear he used to be romantic.

Haha that's funny. I actually think the audience was used more as props, so there wasn't really a movie coming.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Danielle- Glad it is warming up for you. We have little sun here but the weather is nice, Brooklynn has tons of adorable dresses but since it has not been getting past 70 she has not been wearing them. I hope I get to use them and naturally she doesnt have much in the way of pants so I may have to go on a hunt. Ugh come on we are in California and it is the end of May, where is summer?

Anne- It goes by all too quickly, enjoy everything about your pregnancy and ofcourse Elise when she arrives

Ronya- I defrost in the fridge overnight but it is still usually semi-frozen so hubby runs it under hot water. Once defrosted it can only stay refrigerated for 24 hours

Jamie- Haha, I couldn’t figure out why I wouldn’t remember them being a day apart.

Julie- You’re so lucky, Brooklynn used to start her party when I was ready to go to sleep and hubby wouldn’t cuddle because he said she would keep him awake.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Jamie – if it makes you feel any better my mom swears I’m 24 (I’m really 28). She gets get so shocked when I correct her, which is insane because she has no problem remembering my brother is 25 and that I’m older. Don’t feel too bad about being off one week.

Julie – my friend told me that when she was pregnant her son was only active at night. When he was born he slept all day and was up all night. I don’t know is that’s any real indications about sleeping pattern after birth, but maybe you’ll get lucky and she’ll slept well at night.

Maureen – I try not to get too worked up about dipping into or savings if we need too. Like you said, that’s what it’s there for, but I want to try to avoid it or at least keep it to a minimum.

Sheri – now I got it, thanks!

I’m in a really bad mood today, probably because I hardly slept last night. I’m trying to resist the urge to nap at my desk; hopefully a walk over lunch will help me.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

My LO does not really have a schedule for movement. It is all over the place! I can go hours without feeling anything. And then the movement is kind of random too. (a few soft movements, a HUGE kick, and then quiet again). Sometimes I do just feel the baby "shifting" if that makes sense. I wish I could feel it more!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Ron- and see you got pregnant right behind me :) I love those gals on TTC thread. Did you ask about maternity leave? I am taking 11 weeks. I can take any paid leave that I have built up and then it is all unpaid. We have been saving saving saving.

Patricia- Hi! I understand sometimes it is hard to find the time! Hope you are doing well!

AFM: I AM OFFICIALLY ON SUMMER VACATION… which basically goes into my maternity leave. WHOO HOOO.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Sheri -- I'm sorry, it appears those of us in the southeast are hogging summer. Please take some of it. I'm dying! This is our 5th day in a row reaching well over 95 degrees. Those in Tennessee say they're having lots of 90+ degree days this week, too. Hi weather, yeah, chill out, it's MAY!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Sheri -- I'm sorry, it appears those of us in the southeast are hogging summer. Please take some of it. I'm dying! This is our 5th day in a row reaching well over 95 degrees. Those in Tennessee say they're having lots of 90+ degree days this week, too. Hi weather, yeah, chill out, it's MAY!

I second this!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    So here is my official getting to know me post, I read back a few pages on the beginning and saw that you all did this - good idea.
    I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you post birth mamas who had left the pregnancy thread before I arrived !
    I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you. Bear with me while I try to remember all of your names.......

Name: Victoria

Age: 35 - I think that makes me the OLDEST one on here for a first time mama

Children: none until October

Live in: NYC & Westchester NY, by way of Los Angeles, grew up in England.

Hobbies: gardening, travel, baking, ceramics
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    U all can keep the 90s I'm just looking for 75-80 :tongue:
  • jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    U all can keep the 90s I'm just looking for 75-80 :tongue:
    haha, then you would love my 80 degree weather here in maryland - it's been just perfect the last week or so!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    dont speak too soon jamie... the weather is supposed to get stupidly hot starting this weekend here around DC
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just posted in the other thread, so I'm just repeating myself.

I'm here, trying to keep my head above water. Dh is nights, so I'm alone with the kids. can't go to zumba this week. :cry:

But I'm getting ready to participate in our local Relay for Life in LESS than 2 weeks. I've already raised $137 plus my sis said she'll pledge $20 and another friend is pledging too. :) My group is called "Moms getting Fit" and we've already reached/passed our goal of $1200. we're at $1531.00!!! and there's only 7 of us!!!! I'm so proud!

I don't know if the link works but this is my personal page. feel free to ready my "why I'm in the relay" story. :)
    http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFL_ON_odd_?px=1786320&pg=personal&fr_id=8767