What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Saving your armpits is much more difficult, because there's more gap and the razor doesn't fit properly so you can't shave as closely.

THIS absolutely... I had to completely re-learn how to shave my armpits...ridiculous!!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    deliacm wrote: »
    Saving your armpits is much more difficult, because there's more gap and the razor doesn't fit properly so you can't shave as closely.

THIS absolutely... I had to completely re-learn how to shave my armpits...ridiculous!!

*lifts arms, feels armpit... takes note. ;)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    how hard maintaining is. I lost 45lbs and have put back on 12. It is so easy to go back to the way you were. Bad Habits. I just keep reminding myself I want to fit in my clothes so here I go again eating healthy and giving up all that fast food again.
  • mpquave
    mpquave Posts: 5 Member
    I'm only starting on my journey - 16lbs lost since Jan 2nd. But the biggest thing is quite how much time I have to dedicate to thinking about food, prepping food. Whoever mentioned earlier about the sheer volume of healthy food I'm consuming. I'm eating 5-6 times a day. Before I would eat 3 times a day (or sometimes 2 if I skipped breakfast), but what I was eating and my portions were totally out of control.
    -
    - I'm having to cart masses of food into work with me every day.
    -
    - Love it though.

Yeah, I have found that out as well. I am having to tote this large bag of food into work and am eating 4-5 times a day, where I used to eat 1 or 2. Not complaining though. I have lost 35 lbs to date.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    The fact that eating all this wonderful healthy food gives you GAS! All I do is FART and it smells HORRIBLE!....Cmon I cant be the only one LOL

You're not. I tend to eat high fiber, too, and that can make for some amazing farts!

On other areas, I've only lost about 42 lbs and have many more to go but it is fascinating to trace out muscles that are starting to appear as the fat goes away. I remember how amazed I was when I first felt them, especially around my hips / glutes and my calves are simply awesome.

The cold has been mentioned a few times before. I am FREEZING most of the time at work now!

I find myself looking forward to planning meals a day or even further in advance. Trying to get the numbers to work perfectly so I'll be fueled for exercise, pooping properly, and getting all my nutrients :smile:

Haven't found a collarbone yet but I'm seeing a pretty face emerge and I'm looking forward to what else may be hidden under all that flab.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    jaegerbss wrote: »
    Was 260 lbs about a year ago..checked in at 179 today. The wierdest part was that when I ran into an old friend the other day, they didn't even recognize me? I mean I was face to face with them and they didn't recognize me.
    I've had this happen a few times with people here at work. I work 3rd shift and one guy had bounced around to different jobs/shifts, so we hadn't seen each other in almost a year. I had lost 90 lbs and I've heard the expression "his jaw dropped to the floor" but that was the first time I've actually seen it happen in real life. The look of shock on his face was priceless. He said he only recognized me because of my beard.

One of the others is someone I've known for a number of years now. We're not close but we've talked from time to time, enough to be familiar. He works in the parts room and I had to get a new pair of boots. He brought the boots out and said "This is crazy but you're Bruce, right?" I said yes and he told me that he thought it was someone new who looked sort of like me.

I had someone come up to me at a party and introduce themselves to me, I had know him for about 8 years, although didn't see him regularly. We both knew almost everyone there, so it was kind of awkward and funny at the same time.

I have also seen heard the "wow" comment, it's nice!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Now that it's gotten warmer (for some of us) does anyone else find they're more comfortable in the heat? I've been very uncomfortable the last few summers but these past few days it's been in the 90s (F, or 32 C) and I've been fine. I'm not diving for the AC in my car...sometimes I'll just open a window. Anyone else?

(Granted, a lot of this could do with the fact I can now wear more summer clothes. The past few summers I just rolled up my jeans because I didn't want to buy bigger skirts/shorts/dresses.)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Gska17 wrote: »
    Now that it's gotten warmer (for some of us) does anyone else find they're more comfortable in the heat? I've been very uncomfortable the last few summers but these past few days it's been in the 90s (F, or 32 C) and I've been fine. I'm not diving for the AC in my car...sometimes I'll just open a window. Anyone else?

(Granted, a lot of this could do with the fact I can now wear more summer clothes. The past few summers I just rolled up my jeans because I didn't want to buy bigger skirts/shorts/dresses.)

No, I've found the opposite. I don't know why, but I'm more bothered by the heat than I used to be.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Gska17 wrote: »

I am, last few days I have been able to do my walking in 90 degree temperature. At least it is a dry heat. I am still not looking forward to tomorrow with a predicted high of 105.

• alucero4400
    alucero4400 Posts: 4 Member
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    don't splurge too much on clothes until you reach (and have stayed for a while at) goal.
    Some of your friends and family members will not be supportive.
    It's not a linear process (especially for us girls)! Some days/weeks you will not lose anything and that's okay. Stick to your plan.

This is exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you! I just started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago today and so far I've lost 12 lbs but nothing in the past few days so it helps to know that it will change and to just stick with it!

55 lbs to go until I reach my goal!
  • karleeoc
    karleeoc Posts: 197 Member
    JMRod wrote: »
    Walking into Lane Bryant to buy new bras and being told, "we don't carry your size". I had to go to Victoria's Secret:-)
    I can't wait to not have to buy my bras there anymore ;) im getting close♥
  • LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    I have lost 22 lbs since the last monday of March And have not gone down a dress size which is so annoying and i don't think i look any slimmer etc But everyone else has commented and been like 'Have you lost weight?' Like how can you tell and i can't lol.
    But i now officially HATE feeling bloated its like the worst feeling in the world to me even worse than getting tattoos
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!