Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    At times I want to start an Anti- Starvation Mode thread. Just to explain why it is false. Why, from an evolutionary standpoint, it makes no sense. Why, if it were true, none of us would be here because our starving yet chubby, muscle-less ancestors would not have been able to find, catch/kill or pick the food when it suddenly became available again. They all would have been sitting around the fire looking at the cave paintings, complaining about their fat thighs and wishing they had the strength to stand until they died.

End of Rant.

LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Training all day. Catch up with you all tomorrow! Confess something epic for me!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm safe for you. Not a sweary person usually. If I do get that way I'll post a warning for you.

@Italian_Buju I had a dream about the forums the other night too!! Same as yours it sounds like.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I thought he was the single dad cyclist...? Am I confusing/combining people?

Yes, he is the single dad cyclist.

Thanks for clearing that up! Yes, I am the single dad cyclist. :blush:

Well, I already confessed that I suck at remembering everyone's personal details...including gender, apparently. Mixmode, I shall dub thee Caitlyn. Bwahahaha, I crack me up!

Whoa, whoa, whoa pump the brakes there Quik. lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I wonder why that is.....when you were a child did you get sworn at a lot? What does FND stand for?

To everyone: last night I asked what tldr meant but nobody answered, I wonder if the post got lost because I tend to mostly post after everyone is gone for the night......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Well I must say that this the first time I have heard of this phobia. But it has been noted and even though I'm not part of your friends list, I will make sure to tone it down for this thread because I have great respect for you and the courage you have to confess this. May I ask for a guideline of some description? Obviously swearing is a no-no and blasphemy? In terms of movie ratings are we 12? Thank you :smile:

That is a cute way to put it!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I wonder why that is.....when you were a child did you get sworn at a lot? What does FND stand for?

To everyone: last night I asked what tldr meant but nobody answered, I wonder if the post got lost because I tend to mostly post after everyone is gone for the night......

I was catching up millions this morning and assumed someone else would've answered further along. Too long; didn't read.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded so kindly. I was really scared to check back after posting that. I was literally trembling and shaky after posting it and when I came back to see the new posts.

@Lois_1989 Yup, pretty much. PG rating scale, you could say. It is a no-no to swear in Islam, but my personal phobia has nothing to do with that and everything to do with my home life growing up, unfortunately. I can't even read most books because of it, even though I love to read. I end up reading a lot more of Enid Blyton than you might expect from someone my age. :-/
    @Francl27 I confess that I deleted you a while back for that exact reason, so I'm really glad you aren't offended.
    @Glinda1971 For some reason you struck me that way, and I wasn't particularly anxious when accepting your friend request--I'm not sure why.

I confess... I feel a lot better now.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Something like that... I think it was more like swearing meant something really nasty was about to happen to me or my siblings.

TL;DR means "Too long; didn't read"

FND stands for Functional Neurological Disorder. :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I use my cell phone and ear buds to watch eps of My 600 pound life while I'm on the elliptical. That way I am motivated to keep going because I know what could happen if I didn't take care of myself.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Any summer programs you can put them in like vacation bible school or any programs at the YMCA or other local rec centers? Also, check with your county for summer programs. Some are very cheap or free. For sanity's sake, it's worth a shot. lol
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Any summer programs you can put them in like vacation bible school or any programs at the YMCA or other local rec centers? Also, check with your county for summer programs. Some are very cheap or free. For sanity's sake, it's worth a shot. lol

Great suggestion. My son is enrolled in a bunch of different things this summer through the Y and local community college.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded so kindly. I was really scared to check back after posting that. I was literally trembling and shaky after posting it and when I came back to see the new posts.

@Lois_1989 Yup, pretty much. PG rating scale, you could say. It is a no-no to swear in Islam, but my personal phobia has nothing to do with that and everything to do with my home life growing up, unfortunately. I can't even read most books because of it, even though I love to read. I end up reading a lot more of Enid Blyton than you might expect from someone my age. :-/
    @Francl27 I confess that I deleted you a while back for that exact reason, so I'm really glad you aren't offended.
    @Glinda1971 For some reason you struck me that way, and I wasn't particularly anxious when accepting your friend request--I'm not sure why.

That's cool, I shall try my best. :smile:

Edit: I was desperately trying to remember PG but it wasn't appearing in my brain.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

They have 2 camps this year but it's at the end of July and mid August. Didn't want to spend a fortune. We're going in vacations in 10 days anyway. I just wish they would stop bickering.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

That's cool, I shall try my best. :smile:

Edit: I was desperately trying to remember PG but it wasn't appearing in my brain.

I really appreciate it! :) I think I only remember it because it's the only rating of movie I can watch other than G. :D
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...
  • Pnut1966
    Pnut1966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WIIIIIIIINE!!! (probably my worst enemy) :(
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You guys talk a lot. Too many to quote!

Today's confession is I just bought a Roundy egg cooker ring - I shall now be eating homemade egg white / ezekiel muffin / turkey & jalapeno jack Egg McMuffins for breakfast for the next 3 months. SO GOOD
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Glad you're feeling better.
    Just letting you know that you can hide friends from your newsfeed, if you don't want to see their updates - no need to delete, unless you have a real need to.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I tend to curse when I feel the situation calls for it (in real life) but not typically online and never in my news feed so no worries here!

I'm happy you felt comfortable enough to confess that to us, must be a relief!