Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options

A woman should change what she wears to keep from being molested by somebody's eyes?

Haha this ^.

• Ritzaburk
    Ritzaburk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don’t like to use the word hate, but highly dislike when people do not re rack their weights. Wipe off equipment of their sweat. The guy that yells every rep. and the people who throw their weights on the floor. Also the group of 5 teenage boys that cluster around 4-5 pieces of equipment taking turns through reps so those particular things are held up for an hour or more… One more thing... the chick that wears the shorts... the ones where myself and the rest of the gym has seen her hooha more than once...

Boom!! Exactly!! All of the above!!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I saw a guy that basically looked like Pretty Hate Machine era Trent Reznor. Boots and cutoff long black denim shorts, black sweatshirt, greasy hair, wallet chain.

Actually I wasn't mad, and I wasn't hating. I just thought "man, I hope he doesn't get caught in anything."

At least he was out there?
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When people leave the free weights on the machine so I have to put them away and then grab my own weights.

When people walk on the treadmill at a 15 incline but then hold on to the top of the machine. Yes it makes it easier to do that, but you are getting no benefit from the 15 incline now. What's the point? To impress me?
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I actually posted on my status the other day about this... these dudes that after every set turn and start flexing in the mirror then having one of their friends take photos. these two bros last week (and I saw them multiple days) had their friend even taking photos DURING them lifting and all. Come on, put the camera away and seriously, turn OFF the flash too!! I don't need to be blinded while I'm trying to get my workout done.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I actually posted on my status the other day about this... these dudes that after every set turn and start flexing in the mirror then having one of their friends take photos. these two bros last week (and I saw them multiple days) had their friend even taking photos DURING them lifting and all. Come on, put the camera away and seriously, turn OFF the flash too!! I don't need to be blinded while I'm trying to get my workout done.

A camera flash is not bright enough to blind you.

What are they hurting by taking pictures? Why would you have legitimate cause to hate something like that?
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

What are they hurting by taking pictures? Why would you have legitimate cause to hate something like that?

Vader says NO!! No Pictures! No flashes!! NO NO NO!! :smile:
  • Elle17_
    Elle17_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Guys wearing tank tops, and constantly posing in the mirror. Some even take selfies :s
    LOL!!! Where's the like button??

People who think it's ok to sweat all over a machine and then not sanitize it. Especially if it's a machine they have been on for an hour. Even worse is when people bring sweat towels from home and after they use it to wipe the sweat off themselves throughout their workout they wipe the machine down after with their sweaty towel. Gross!!! One of these days I will walk up to an offender and hand them the disinfectant and a paper towel provided by the gym and say did you forget something over there???!!! This is why I always disinfect every machine I use before and after I use it. Even if I see someone clean it right before I use it because what if they missed a spot??

• hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

But how else are they going to get new pictures for their Tinder profile??
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Elle17_ wrote: »
    Guys wearing tank tops, and constantly posing in the mirror. Some even take selfies :s
    LOL!!! Where's the like button??

People who think it's ok to sweat all over a machine and then not sanitize it. Especially if it's a machine they have been on for an hour. Even worse is when people bring sweat towels from home and after they use it to wipe the sweat off themselves throughout their workout they wipe the machine down after with their sweaty towel. Gross!!! One of these days I will walk up to an offender and hand them the disinfectant and a paper towel provided by the gym and say did you forget something over there???!!! This is why I always disinfect every machine I use before and after I use it. Even if I see someone clean it right before I use it because what if they missed a spot??

Sounds like you can't be pleased either way. Just continue your disinfectant regime and stop letting the hate consume you.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

There are a lot of people who complain about things I feel shouldn't be complained about. Stay home if it is that much of a hassle.

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it but it's interesting when people run on a treadmill when it's a gorgeous day. Actually...any day where it's somewhat warm and not pouring rain.

Some of us have kids and the daycare wont you leave the gym. otherwise I would love to be outside running. but i have to work in my workouts around my complicated life :)
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    Reading @_incogNEATo_ s responses through this thread. Well played sir. /popcorn
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Reading @_incogNEATo_ s responses through this thread. Well played sir. /popcorn

I hate when people eat popcorn in the gym!!
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    08_GreenEyedMomma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know this has been said, but I've actually left early before due to how uncomfortable it was: Grunting
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    I hate getting hit on at the gym.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    That one dude who's hair never goes bad. Seriously, how much gel do you have to put?
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I hate getting hit on at the gym.

Me too!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

Actually - I do. I lift as heavy as I possibly can push - usually to failure on each set. Sometimes it takes more than a minute for my musculature to recover. If I fail out of a set, I'm not giving up - I'm going for it again.

Here's some edumacation for ya: For strength training, your rests should be between 3-5 minutes between sets. For hypertrophy training: 1-2 minutes. Endurance training 45s to 2minutes.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek11.htm

So yeah, it's okay to whip out the phone between sets and snap a selfie or send a text. Stop being so concerned about the people around you and worry about yourself.

That comment confused me too. I lift heavy and need at least 2 minutes between sets. Often 3-4.
    But, now I lift at home so the most annoying thing is my dog thinking she's supposed to be in my lap anytime I'm on the floor.