Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've done a completely crazy amount of cardio (stationary bike) today to offset the equally crazy amount of butterscotch-flavored baking chips that I ate today. My rear is killing me. :D

This made me giggle a little
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)
    I started Zombies, Run! last week. The thought of death by zombie horde keeps me going.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

I confess I was actually going to post TODAY that my confession is that I think I run off all the men in this thread. Example:
    -- I asked @tincanonastring if he worked at my company, he asked me if I was stalking him (I deduced where he came from by his posts) and within a week he was gone.
    -- I started engaging with @AgentOrangeJuice on messaging (he expressed sympathy about Oberon, I asked him about his new job, etc.) he disappeared.
    -- @flatasapancake posted a new chest picture, I said impressive! You are slowly working your way around your body, is your *kitten* next and he never came back.

I have checked on all of them...they are all still posting (not much from @AgentOrangeJuice though so he may truly be busy).

Like in real life, I scare all the men away. Sigh.

No, do not blame yourself! It's kind of funny, when you type it out like that, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with you!

Perhaps not but I am not a big believer in coincidence. But luckily mixmode has promised to stick around and I haven't scared off xMrBunglex yet....

Nah, it wasn't you. I had to take a forum hiatus to attend to IRL stuff and by the time I came back, it was 1000 comments later and I just never picked back up in this thread. Those other guys, though...that was you!

Confession: I promised to catch up on all the missed posts in this thread and I am fully committed to breaking that promise. No regrets...y'all post too much! :tongue:

Yay!! Welcome back @tincanonastring!!

Has anyone seen @ShibaEars? I miss her

I was wondering about her as well.

I thought she mentioned that she was going somewhere for a while? Didn't she? Or am I thinking of the wrong poster here?

I thought she went to Arizona(?) but came back already. But like @BZAH10 said, this thread moves fast so I might have missed something
  • ythannah
    Options
    I just thought about @ShibaEars yesterday, too! But, we have a few posters on vacation. @FluffySandwich is on vacation, right? Or, I could be completely wrong. I'm terrible at remembering details. Things move so fast here!

I thought @ShibaEars just got back from her trip? To Arizona, I think?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I tripped and fell during my run this morning. I am thankful that my dog showed geniune concern for me instead of laughing.

Bummer. Isn't that scary? I fell for the first time running this last fall. I remember the split second of total terror before I actually hit the ground. Then I bounced back up, told the two people who witnessed my embarrassment I was fine, and took off again. I found aches, pains and bruises the next day. I've always wondered what people do if they are out on a long run (10+ miles) and fall and hurt themselves enough they can't get home. I always carry my phone for this reason.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've done a completely crazy amount of cardio (stationary bike) today to offset the equally crazy amount of butterscotch-flavored baking chips that I ate today. My rear is killing me. :D

This made me giggle a little

Giggle away! I'm just glad my legs didn't fall off! ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    IIRC, @FluffySandwich is in the Dominican Republic for vacation. Lucky her!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I tripped and fell during my run this morning. I am thankful that my dog showed geniune concern for me instead of laughing.

Uh oh! I hope you didn't get injured!
  • kecmw25
    Options

Bummer. Isn't that scary? I fell for the first time running this last fall. I remember the split second of total terror before I actually hit the ground. Then I bounced back up, told the two people who witnessed my embarrassment I was fine, and took off again. I found aches, pains and bruises the next day. I've always wondered what people do if they are out on a long run (10+ miles) and fall and hurt themselves enough they can't get home. I always carry my phone for this reason.

I'm already sore! I walked the rest of the way home, said dog was a little disappointed I think but I was limping. My knee is pretty scraped up and my shoulder is sore.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If I really have to fart I'll let it go in a crowd so nobody will know who to blame :D
  • kecmw25
    Options
    DJ7203 wrote: »
    If I really have to fart I'll let it go in a crowd so nobody will know who to blame :D

Classic!
  • ythannah
    Options

Hope you're okay!

I had a very bad fall down stairs 10 years ago... both of my former dogs were very concerned. One was terrified of the stairs so stood at the top whining piteously, the other one ran down and was (rather annoyingly) climbing on top of me trying to lick me. Or maybe I misread her enthusiasm as concern, knowing her she was probably being opportunistic :| So instead of assessing the extent of my injuries, the first thing I had to do was reassure the dogs that I was okay... even though I didn't really know at the time.
  • kecmw25
    Options

Uh oh! I hope you didn't get injured!

Thanks :) but I think I'm okay. There's a registered nurse that works in my office and he thinks I'm okay too
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    When I started this, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I was on Metformin for months. I've successfully reversed my insulin resistance, but I've been too scared to come off the Metformin - I think I convinced myself that it was the only reason I've successfully lost the 69 pounds - that I'm incapable of doing it on my own.

I did stop, as of Wednesday. I still scared :)

@TheVirgoddess, if Metformin alone were any sort of panacea for insulin resistance, and pre-diabetes -- let alone, if it were a sole factor to such significant weight loss (which IR would seem to do its darndest to 'fight tooth and nail') -- it would be considered a form of 'magic bullet' that millions would find success with... but that doesn't reflect what the reality is -- and that is, that not only do millions not find 'slam-dunk' success with such, but... for IR *reversal*, work is required -- reversal itself doesn't happen at the behest of Metformin... and in addition to more mindful eating... physical activity is a very important element...

Per the SW spec in your profile, that 69 pounds of the overall total that you've lost represents *30%* of your SW -- and there is no way on earth that Metformin gets to 'go to the podium', and 'accept the award', for the remarkable accomplishment in question...

...just as being mindful of what you ate (a *very* important factor, in and of itself, but especially with IR), and eating less than what you burned, were critical to the outcome you've achieved, so, too, was Metformin an element -- but not the only one -- and in particular, it provides a notable assist in the beginning, when reversing insulin resistance can seem like attempting to do battle with a metabolic tidal wave...

...and the more weight that you lost -- and specifically, the more fat that you lost -- the more contributing factors to IR (including hormonal aspects (involved with IR as experienced by many women, in particular, and as secreted by fat cells)) that were gradually being 'removed from the equation'...

It isn't Metformin that gets to 'take a bow' -- it's that remarkable being who you see when you look in a mirror -- it's *you*... YOU did the hard work... YOU accomplished the reversal... Metformin was a tool whose assist in the beginning, in particular, is to be appreciated, and whose ongoing assist can involve its being a pivotal psychological presence, as a cooperative 'backup' of sorts, while one's body re-establishes new metabolic 'set points', and gets its endocrinological 'house' 'in order' (after its having been temporarily 'jacked' -- and 'hijacked' -- by some negative hormonal consequences associated with increased weight and fat)... additionally, Metformin can technically be of cooperative assistance during various 'plateaus' -- and especially those experienced in conjunction with the body acquiring new metabolic 'set points' (and especially if/when being 'wrested' from the 'grip' of IR) -- which can, at times, be of long enough length (time-wise) to potentially discourage various folks (or otherwise give a misimpression that 'nothing's happening', or 'what I'm doing isn't making a difference')... so, again, Metformin can provide a form of assistance that includes potentially pivotal psychological components...

@TheVirgoddess, YOU rocked the weight loss... the use of Metformin was akin to using any of various 'tools' that serve a specific purpose, for a specific length of time... in a way, Metformin can be -- and for so many -- a kind of IR-reversal form of 'training wheels' (well, sort of)... reversing IR -- and especially for women, for which additional endocrinological aspects are often involved -- is most difficult in the initial timeframe (and discouragingly formidable, for many)... Metformin can provide a crucial means of 'getting over that initial hump', so to speak -- and it's a very important element... without it, it can be akin to attempting to 'start a car', but with a carburetor that's flooded... with Metformin, the 'flood' can be kept more in check, and allow for a 'starting' of 'the engine'... (and then 'hitting the highway' of weight loss... fat loss... and IR reversal -- but with the individual in question 'doing the work' associated with 'moving' and 'fueling' the 'vehicle' in question)...

...continue with mindful eating... and continue with physical activity (and keep including a strength component)... and you can continue to keep IR 'in the rearview mirror'... you've got this, @TheVirgoddess... WAY. TO. GO. !!! :)

< am high-fiving you with such force that our hands are now hurting... lol ;) >
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Edited because men are men, whatever, but don't make it public, I don't want that visual thanks

This. This is how I feel. I know most guys are like that but I just don't want to think/hear about it because it makes me feel bad for some reason. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss...

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure the reason I feel like this is because I imagine my boyfriend being like that and even if I broke up with him, I can imagine the next guy being like that too. That is on me I know but it's just the way I feel.

No most men aren't like that or at least myself and the guys I know.

Thank you for this.

+ 1, you always hear dodgy stories and I always hope they are not true.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Ewww. Just... ewww.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I have always had male gynecologists for the most part and have never, ever had an issue. I'm sure some male med students might expect it to be a certain way, but I'm sure it is completely different once they get started. I can't imagine anything less sexy than a gynecologist office visit. :)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I'm already sore! I walked the rest of the way home, said dog was a little disappointed I think but I was limping. My knee is pretty scraped up and my shoulder is sore.
    Youch! Hope you're not too sore tomorrow.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    ccourcha wrote: »
    Beat off at work bathroom to thoughts of new reception girl

I think it's funny that you say this, but on your page your inspirations are

> Intimidating the boys coming around for my daughters
    > To be the best example to my son that I can be

that new reception girl is someones daughter too y'know, and I'm not sure that is a good example of being a man now is it?

STANDS AND GIVES @Lois_1989 A ROUND OF APPLAUSE! (yes, this is worth yelling about!)
    ccourcha wrote: »
    Beat off at work bathroom to thoughts of new reception girl

I think it's funny that you say this, but on your page your inspirations are

> Intimidating the boys coming around for my daughters
    > To be the best example to my son that I can be

that new reception girl is someones daughter too y'know, and I'm not sure that is a good example of being a man now is it?

STANDS AND GIVES @Lois_1989 A ROUND OF APPLAUSE! (yes, this is worth yelling about!)

Lois you are SUPER GREAT!!!

*takes a bow* :wink: