Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Go. Enjoy. Doesn't have to be serious or time consuming. YOU set the boundaries! Give a try. You never know, right?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Can we just cancel today? :unamused:
    As I've mentioned, hubby is out of town, and now just so happens to be the perfect time for Raelynn to get sick. As in, puking all over the bathroom and kitchen sick. She refuses to eat, just wants water, and is currently lying down in her bed watching a movie as that's all she wants to do. Not to mention, the actual act of vomiting was enough to trigger one of her daily multiple anxiety attacks. Needless to say, at this point neither one of us is concerned at all about eating and not really doing much of anything else either. :frowning:

I think cancelling today is a terrific idea. We could just fast-forward to tomorrow.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    As I've mentioned, hubby is out of town, and now just so happens to be the perfect time for Raelynn to get sick. As in, puking all over the bathroom and kitchen sick. She refuses to eat, just wants water, and is currently lying down in her bed watching a movie as that's all she wants to do. Not to mention, the actual act of vomiting was enough to trigger one of her daily multiple anxiety attacks. Needless to say, at this point neither one of us is concerned at all about eating and not really doing much of anything else either. :frowning:

I think cancelling today is a terrific idea. We could just fast-forward to tomorrow.

Yes, let's call a do-over.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I'd rather fast forward to Friday lol.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Oh no! I'm SO sorry! I hope she feels better soon. Hopefully it is just something that passes quickly and that the change of her father being away won't affect her any more than this.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »

That's a great looking truck, if I didn't live 25 miles from work or gas was cheap again I'd totally buy a 50's era Dodge Power Wagon to commute. Love the old iron, pretty sure I was born 3 decades too late.

We have had people come up to us and ask to take pictures of it. We were at Wal-Mart one night and a guy rolled up asked if it'd be okay if he took a picture of the truck with his wife. I thought it was very odd, Mr. Mo said it happens all the time. I have to admit, I feel like a bad mamajamma when I drive it. :blush:

I'm sure you know this, but for identity purposes and for your safety, make sure that they don't get your license plate in the photos. Otherwise, yeah, I can completely see why someone would want to take a picture with it!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Oh my gosh! I LOLed! My son's eleven, and it hasn't got much better.

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

Haha that is great!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I don't like that this was on page 4 and told me there were no new updates :( I had a hard time finding it.

So my confession- I hopped on the scale this morning, was SUPER excited when I saw my weight because I thought it put my BMI in the normal range (25). Turns out < 25 is "normal" *sigh* That was a pretty big letdown. Hopefully it means in a couple days I can claim it, though. SO close! But I did hit a new low and I haven't been this weight in about 3 years, so that was cool.

I wanted to celebrate normal BMI with a new pair sunglasses and I'm bummed :( I saw the exact pair I want on 6pm.com but they're $36 and I'm cheap. So I'll just wait.

Whoo hoo! Happy dance!

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

I may have some idea except in our house replace turd with poop :)
  • riderfangal
    Options

Yikes. I hope your little one is feeling better soon. Hugs!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci I want to thank you for suggesting the trial contacts. I am on my second round and I think they may work. The doctor ordered 2 more trials but I won't get those until after I get back from vacation. Also, I can't believe how thick the Toric lenses are. I was pretty proud of myself for being able to put them in and take them out without issue after no having had contacts for more than 5 years.

I used to wear Toric lenses (I probably still should but I've been getting the regular disposables with the eye doctor's approval).

I was ALWAYS ripping the toric ones on accident when I took them out when I was younger. I'm surprised I'm not blind because as a teen I would just wear them with the holes in them since back then they were really expensive and I didn't want to tell my parents that I ripped them.

I'm glad that you are able to wear contacts still. :)

They're still really expensive. I would love to wear just the regular ones, but my astigmatism is so bad, I might as well not even be wearing one at all if I'm going to wear a non toric lens. I hate being blind. :(

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I blame the kardashians
    Good plan. I blame them for as much as possible.

And that Kanye guy.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Go. Enjoy. Doesn't have to be serious or time consuming. YOU set the boundaries! Give a try. You never know, right?

I think this is awesome advice!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I blame the kardashians
    Good plan. I blame them for as much as possible.

And that Kanye guy.

I've decided those two are going to name their son Easton. Easton West.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o
    Yes, thank you...I was just about to respond that it was POF. And I would say that 14 is definitely the winner!!
    5 is definitely our limit...it is just so hard to turn away a cat in need. :(
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o
    Yes, thank you...I was just about to respond that it was POF. And I would say that 14 is definitely the winner!!
    5 is definitely our limit...it is just so hard to turn away a cat in need. :(

For the kitteh lovers,

ok988bqbq2wf.gif

and this

2vrty1zyrhkf.gif
  • riderfangal
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I think this is awesome advice!

Thanks guys. I think I will probably give it a go!!! Now I have to find something to wear lol
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

A girl is to go on said date.

I think so as well.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci I want to thank you for suggesting the trial contacts. I am on my second round and I think they may work. The doctor ordered 2 more trials but I won't get those until after I get back from vacation. Also, I can't believe how thick the Toric lenses are. I was pretty proud of myself for being able to put them in and take them out without issue after no having had contacts for more than 5 years.

I used to wear Toric lenses (I probably still should but I've been getting the regular disposables with the eye doctor's approval).

I was ALWAYS ripping the toric ones on accident when I took them out when I was younger. I'm surprised I'm not blind because as a teen I would just wear them with the holes in them since back then they were really expensive and I didn't want to tell my parents that I ripped them.

I'm glad that you are able to wear contacts still. :)

Man, Toric lenses are still so expensive (at least at my prescription), but I can't imagine wearing them ripped! ouch. I was really sad when I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago and found out that my eye sight is still getting progressively worse, and unfortunately they don't make contacts for astigmatism much higher than what I have now (-7.5 power, -2.25 cyl... the highest cyl is -2.75 and is only available in one of my two brands that fit). I'll be really sad if I have to go back to glasses or get surgery in a couple years. I prefer contacts so much, and only wear my glasses when I have to.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

Ha! That's awesome!

Also, @riderfangal, I think you should go and have fun... :)

I want to thank the person (sorry, I forget who it was) that recommended the Fiber One Lemon bar! I even froze it like someone (may have even been the same person) suggested! Yummmm!!

And @kellienw335, Our neighbor is allergic to cats. Our littlest and newest member, Skye (aka the beast) showed up at her house just before a huge snowstorm in January. She called me to see if I could help and well, here we are with five cats again.