Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    This weekend is my birthday weekend (it's actually on Sunday). I was hoping to be under 100kg by now but I've only missed it by a kilo so I'm ok with that.

I am going to eat ALL OF THE FOOD this weekend and have ZERO regrets. :)

Yay! Have a wonderful time.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.

I agree I love seeing how people layer their clothes, their boots, & the different jacks they wear.

Plus it's better to see customers in more clothes rather than seeing less of them.

I enjoy every season but usually by the end of one season I'm ready for the next.
    I'm looking forward to fall and cooler weather.

I enjoy 3 seasons of the year like that. Usually by Christmas I'm sick of winter.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.

I agree I love seeing how people layer their clothes, their boots, & the different jacks they wear.

Plus it's better to see customers in more clothes rather than seeing less of them.

I enjoy every season but usually by the end of one season I'm ready for the next.

I enjoy 3 seasons of the year like that. Usually by Christmas I'm sick of winter.

Did you stick to your prelogged dinner drinks? :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

That's awesomely super great! You must be really proud. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    This weekend is my birthday weekend (it's actually on Sunday). I was hoping to be under 100kg by now but I've only missed it by a kilo so I'm ok with that.

Have an awesome birthday!! :smiley: Congratulations on coming so close to your birthday weight goal. :)
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread at MFP, hands down. Thank you to all the brave and honest souls.

My all-grown-up daughter reminded me the other day that one Halloween she woke up the morning after to find a pile of wrappers in the living room. My explanation that I was saving her from the ravages of candy did not go over well.

Must remember to buy her a pile of chocolate when she visits during the holidays.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

That's awesomely super great! You must be really proud. :)

I'm very happy. I was hopping that what I was doing was helping but I never dreamed it would be this good.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    ericGold15 wrote: »
    This is the best thread at MFP, hands down. Thank you to all the brave and honest souls.

My all-grown-up daughter reminded me the other day that one Halloween she woke up the morning after to find a pile of wrappers in the living room. My explanation that I was saving her from the ravages of candy did not go over well.

Must remember to buy her a pile of chocolate when she visits during the holidays.

Ah, the memories.
    I have saved my family from the ravages of chocolate many times over the years
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Yayyy!! Happy Birthday, hope you enjoy it!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    On pumpkin I love it. I got Phoebe a pumpkin muffin last night. Usually I get her a honey bran raisin one. I smelled it. But didn't taste. I can't get that taste in my mouth I'll obsess!

I love that you give them mints and muffins :heart:

And animal crackers and carrots. And horse treats. They *might* be spoiled.

You need to take a video of a horse eating a mint & their eyes lighting up :).

I still plan on it. I just haven't had the right opportunity.

YES!! Too cute <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Hahaha this cracked me up!! What a good parent you are!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ah, the memories.
    I have saved my family from the ravages of chocolate many times over the years

We don't celebrate Halloween, but I'll bet my mom would have saved us from the ravages of chocolate every year if we had! Until I got older. Then I would have to help with this saving. After all, I care about my family--I have to protect them, right?! :p
  • Glinda1971
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Yep- separated at birth.

Did you stick to your prelogged dinner drinks? :)

My prelogged drinks? Yes - except there may have been a couple additional bottle cap shooters in there. Still under calories for yesterday even if I log them.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Yep- separated at birth.

I'm like that too. I like the changing part too. And as much as I love the long light evenings of the summer I love as the nights start drawing back in as you get towards autumn (none of this fall business here!!)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Yep- separated at birth.

That's because you live in Canada!
  • Glinda1971
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Yep- separated at birth.

That's because you live in Canada!

Yes. Winter is long and dark and cold and snowy.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I can't get this hot co-worker out of my head. So much so that I pissed myself off about it. I'm a married woman for petes sake!

At least you know it's silly? :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Yep- separated at birth.

Aww, I kinda love that! & quite true :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday and have fun!!! :)
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So in May 2014, I graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry. After looking for over a year, I finally landed an incredible new job on Tuesday with a well-known medical company specializing in eye care (won't say the name of the company). I'll get to do a bunch of chemistry lab testing (which is very exciting to me :p).

I get to quit my current job next week (where I'm on my feet 4-5 hours every day for 6 days a week). I've been celebrating getting this new job all week but plan on getting back on track by Monday.