Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'd like to thank you all for your support. Not just for me, but this community touches me because everyone is so kind and supportive of eachother.

@KylerJaye I love your dating stories. I have never really dated before and feel like I'd be terribly awkward at it since I have high social anxiety. People have already said they admire you and I'm one of them. :lol:

Edit: And there goes my perfect 1,000!

Sweetie, I appreciate that so much! Because 5 years ago this wasn't me, I couldn't even imagine it. And yeah, i have crazy anxiety, which is why all my first dates are at bars. It's the only thing that allows my anxiety to chill. And i'm not saying I'm some type of dating ninja, but I lost my 20's, the entirety of my 20's trying to love someone, and be enough for them, and I never was.

And then I settled for someone who for five years needed to be coddled, and I just can't do it anymore. Now i'm just working on desperation...
    Gotta ask; are you on the wrong site? I know there are a bunch. Worth trying another?

I'm on three different ones! okcupid, plenty of fish, and match (which I terribly regret giving them my monies! Maybe it's a regional issue, but I literally get nothing from match.com. makes me furious, such an absolute waste of money! :/

I met my husband on match. I dated a lot of frogs first.

I've also tried okcupid and plenty of fish. I already mentioned that eharmony told me they didn't have any matches for me.

My daughter is also on tinder. That looks like fun, but idk how serious the men are on that one.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #21

yeah, two in one day. never say die!

i seriously needed to decompress after #20. so after i said goodbye to the ritalin dude, i got in my car, watched him in my rear-view to make sure he had left the area, i then got out of my car, walked around the corner and went to another bar that i heart. there were two other ppl there. it was the perfect peaceful calm that i desperately needed. then whilst i was updating you fine folks, i was also setting up a night cap with a dude i'd been talking to. :p

he was...nice. fun dude to chat with and have a few beverages with, but....that's as far as it's gonna go.
    he had an extremely slight stature, and i can't stand that feeling like i'm an enormous beast next to a tiny dude.

plus he was a hardcore chain smoker - yuck
    and has two kids - i'm consciously trying to avoid baby momma drama. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will think that my refusal to give a guy with kids a chance makes me a terrible person. and maybe i'm missing out on a super awesome dude, but that's just not what i want in my life right now. maybe if i get up to the #50's, my pure desperation will permit me to relax the hard rules i've outlined for myself, but i'm not there yet.

oh!!! *post date update - update*

#19 - the dude that flipped out over the bill, then sent me nasty texts after he didn't get any? yeah, HIM.
    got a text from him yesterday!

"i don't expect a response back but i'm really sorry for what i texted the other night. you definitely didn't deserve that. no clue why i even sent it."

no quarter shall be given. so i replied:
    "i know why you sent it, you thought you were going to get laid, and spazzed out when you realized that wasn't going to happen. same thing with the check, you had a meltdown when i didn't read your mind and know that you expected me to pay for myself when you had them put the drinks on your tab. slightly unstable dude."

i'm actually really surprised on how much i held back. usually my rage gets much more vulgar :D

As someone who married a guy with a kid, I totally back you on the #babymamadrama. Being a step-parent is HARD!!! My step-daughter and I got/get along well (she's 24 now), and it still was hard. I would urge anyone to think very, very, very long and hard about taking on someone else's kids. It takes a special kind of person to do that successfully.

As for the daily date update, they are entertaining although I know they can be stressful on you. Still praying for Mr. Right-for-you!

+1
    Haven't seen husband's kids for months. I actually had a rule that I wouldn't get involved with a guy that had kids unless they were grown. Husband's situation with the mother seemed to be pretty stable at the time, so I made an exception. Yeah, not so much.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #21

i seriously needed to decompress after #20. so after i said goodbye to the ritalin dude, i got in my car, watched him in my rear-view to make sure he had left the area, i then got out of my car, walked around the corner and went to another bar that i heart. there were two other ppl there. it was the perfect peaceful calm that i desperately needed. then whilst i was updating you fine folks, i was also setting up a night cap with a dude i'd been talking to. :p

he was...nice. fun dude to chat with and have a few beverages with, but....that's as far as it's gonna go.
    he had an extremely slight stature, and i can't stand that feeling like i'm an enormous beast next to a tiny dude.

and has two kids - i'm consciously trying to avoid baby momma drama. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will think that my refusal to give a guy with kids a chance makes me a terrible person. and maybe i'm missing out on a super awesome dude, but that's just not what i want in my life right now. maybe if i get up to the #50's, my pure desperation will permit me to relax the hard rules i've outlined for myself, but i'm not there yet.

#19 - the dude that flipped out over the bill, then sent me nasty texts after he didn't get any? yeah, HIM.

"i don't expect a response back but i'm really sorry for what i texted the other night. you definitely didn't deserve that. no clue why i even sent it."

"i know why you sent it, you thought you were going to get laid, and spazzed out when you realized that wasn't going to happen. same thing with the check, you had a meltdown when i didn't read your mind and know that you expected me to pay for myself when you had them put the drinks on your tab. slightly unstable dude."

i'm actually really surprised on how much i held back. usually my rage gets much more vulgar :D

I am interested in how he is gonna reply to that.....
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

I like that you follow your instincts. I like that you realize that "nice" does not mean you have to go on another date if you don't want to go on another date.

I would be bothered that there was a lie, even if it was by omission or careful wording. Integrity and truthfulness / transparency are important to me. One man I actually liked casually mentioned on the 4th date that he'd been married twice/divorced twice, not the once his profile said. When I expressed surprise he gave me his story . His integrity (or lack of integrity) didn't impress me. He lied in his profile.

Welcome
    Total lurker here, been reading from day 1. Commented a few times. All of you guys are so amazing and supportive of each other. I can't believe the thread has been going so long. Confession time for me, it's late and I'm back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off (looking after my Dad while my mum was on holiday) and I'm not looking forward to it. In the last fortnight I have eaten all of the foods, literally, there is now a chocolate and pizza shortage in my home town and it's all my fault.

Also KylerJaye, my boyfriend is 15 years younger than me and we've been together 3 years - if it works at the time for both of you, I see no issue. And I'm sorry for butting in, but I feel like I know you all :smile:

Welcome stick around

@KylerJaye Mr smartie is 16 years older than me
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

Aw man jelly donuts are my favorite!!

Mine too! I swear we were separated at birth.

That would be AWESOME!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.
    Confession: MFP has really made me want a donut and I've been googling places around Houston to get a good one. XD

You realize that is messed up, right?

What's messed up with that? If I was planning such a splurge I'd deffenatly want to get the absolute best one.

That MFP is causing her to WANT donuts... that is what is messed up.

MFP is causing me to want white chocolate candy corn M&Ms ;) ... which would require a trip to the US...

I tried them. They're ok...almost like a chocolatey skittle though. Kind of weird. Of course it didn't stop me from eating the whole bag...but you know.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

What? Why??

I had pumpkin oreos and they are amazing! And I do not even like oreos.....
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @Italian_Buju Thanks for asking about my daughter. She was home over Labor Day weekend, we didn't do a whole lot while she was here. We had Sunday brunch at one of our favorite local brunch spots, but she's still pretty quiet. She's struggling to keep her motivation at school. She's been texting me this week saying that she feels like she doesn't belong there and she wants to come home. I've told her that she can come home any time, it's her decision. But, don't quit school unless she's really given it a lot of thought and isn't doing it for the wrong reasons.

She keeps texting me that she doesn't knoooooooow what to do. She did go to Harry Potter club last night, so at least she's trying to stay engaged with other people somewhat.
    She is avoiding facing up to herself. She skipped her psychiatrist appointment. I've told her to reschedule it because it's important. I hope she follows up, I'll keep nagging until she does. She sees her counselor on Fridays, so I'll be checking in with her later about that.

She has 4 semesters until her bachelor's degree. I hope she can start to feel better about things, maybe she should switch schools AGAIN and go to school somewhere closer to Nashville.

<3

Oddly I sent you a PM before reading here this morning, because I had not seen you on here, guess I jumped the gun, sorry about that!

If she could even make one or two close friends, that should be able to pull her through!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #21

Nope, don't think you're terrible, I think it's important to know where you stand on this issue before getting involved with someone with kids. I wouldn't want to date someone with kids either. Mostly because I'm not sure I even want kids of my own. Having to deal with someone else's kid(s) and their ex is not something I want to do.

And I love your response to the nasty-text guy! He totally need to be called out on his awful behavior.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

YES! I never let fear win!

A woman was murdered on some of the country roads I used to run on in my old hometown. It was a random occurrence. The guy who did it was suffering from some sort of mental breakdown after a huge fight with his family. Friends, family, and random people at work were all telling me to quit running when it happened. Nope. Fear doesn't win. I can't live my life that way.

If we let fear win, nobody would do anything or go anywhere and no, that is no way to live!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope nothing comes of those rumours and it was just some kids playing an awful prank.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    All this talk of pumpkin has my creative side wondering if you could make pumpkin cookies like the peanut butter ones talked about so much. maybe pumpkin, egg, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice? I might have to try it.

You can totally make them with just a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin! Mix-ins and frosting optional.

One of my favorite things ever.

Same!! So freaking good and easy! I also love the pineapple and angel food cake one!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

What? Why??

I love dressing in layers. ;)
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I skimmed all the pages I missed. You have all been in my thoughts, but I just haven't had a chance to check in.

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Way to go @raymax4 !
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Oh! And Good Luck this weekend @pofoster21 !!

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    On July 1 my doctor said that my labs were a huge concern
    A1c was 6.4 which meant my average blood sugar was 130 (one point away from being a diabetic)
    Triglycerides were156 norm was <150
    Cholesterol was 248 norm 125-200
    HDL 51 norm >46
    LDL 166 norm <130
    Ratio 4.9 norm<5

With these labs I was headed for some serious long-term morbidity. And high chance of a heart attacks in the future if I continued down this path. He had prescribed metformin but some how there was a mix-up between his pharmacy and his office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor came into my room almost giddy and said, “You are batting 1000”

A1c 5.5 normal range
    Triglycerides 81
    Cholesterol 189
    HDL 54
    LDL 119
    Ratio 3.5

And 31 lbs lost
    I was able to where a pair of shorts and shirt that I have not worn for several years.

Life style change and exercise works!

I don't think I have ever been excited about being called normal before.

That is wonderful!! Great transformation and results!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oh! And Good Luck this weekend @pofoster21 !!

Thanks!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

What? Why??

Well, winter weather down here is fairly mild. It's definitely more bearable than summers. Pumpkin Oreos? I wonder if they'll hit shelves soon. The only flavor I've seen aside from the usual are brownie batter. I'd probably rethink my imgettingkindasickofthese Oreo embargo

Great job @raymax4 !