Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.
    Confession: MFP has really made me want a donut and I've been googling places around Houston to get a good one. XD

You realize that is messed up, right?

If you're going to have a doughnut, it should be the best possible doughnut.

There is so much truth in this statement. There is nothing more depressing than a sub-par doughnut.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.
    Confession: MFP has really made me want a donut and I've been googling places around Houston to get a good one. XD

If you're going to have a doughnut, it should be the best possible doughnut.

There is so much truth in this statement. There is nothing more depressing than a sub-par doughnut.
    Or any pastries that just taste of fridge.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #21

yeah, two in one day. never say die!

i seriously needed to decompress after #20. so after i said goodbye to the ritalin dude, i got in my car, watched him in my rear-view to make sure he had left the area, i then got out of my car, walked around the corner and went to another bar that i heart. there were two other ppl there. it was the perfect peaceful calm that i desperately needed. then whilst i was updating you fine folks, i was also setting up a night cap with a dude i'd been talking to. :p

he was...nice. fun dude to chat with and have a few beverages with, but....that's as far as it's gonna go.
    he had an extremely slight stature, and i can't stand that feeling like i'm an enormous beast next to a tiny dude.

plus he was a hardcore chain smoker - yuck
    and has two kids - i'm consciously trying to avoid baby momma drama. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will think that my refusal to give a guy with kids a chance makes me a terrible person. and maybe i'm missing out on a super awesome dude, but that's just not what i want in my life right now. maybe if i get up to the #50's, my pure desperation will permit me to relax the hard rules i've outlined for myself, but i'm not there yet.

oh!!! *post date update - update*

#19 - the dude that flipped out over the bill, then sent me nasty texts after he didn't get any? yeah, HIM.
    got a text from him yesterday!

"i don't expect a response back but i'm really sorry for what i texted the other night. you definitely didn't deserve that. no clue why i even sent it."

no quarter shall be given. so i replied:
    "i know why you sent it, you thought you were going to get laid, and spazzed out when you realized that wasn't going to happen. same thing with the check, you had a meltdown when i didn't read your mind and know that you expected me to pay for myself when you had them put the drinks on your tab. slightly unstable dude."

i'm actually really surprised on how much i held back. usually my rage gets much more vulgar :D

Thank this thread. It's cleaning up our language. 21 is my favorite number what a,bummer he didn't work out. Smoking =instant no no to me too. Ick.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

I hope nothing comes of those rumors, regardless of what the possible targets may be. Also, this reminds me: ISIS have blown up so many of our mosques here in Saudi Arabia (and other Gulf countries like Kuwait) that my husband told me there were police at the door today when he went to attend the Friday prayer at the local mosque.

All of this is terrible. Having personally been in NY during 9/11 this day always affect me. I certainly didn't love booking my flight for today. But you can't let fear rule you. Ever.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I've mentioned before I work in child support- no offense to people who have kids and are looking to date but I will never ever date a man with kids. I know too much about everything. Not in the cards for me.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

i can't stand pumpkin...in all of it's 2 billion fall flavors *hides under her desk*

Me either, can I hide with you?

ETA but I <3 fall

i love fall too!
    just hate pumpkin ;)
    fear not, there's plenty of room under my desk, and i have snacks!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

Aw man jelly donuts are my favorite!!

Mine too! I swear we were separated at birth.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

What's messed up with that? If I was planning such a splurge I'd deffenatly want to get the absolute best one.

That MFP is causing her to WANT donuts... that is what is messed up.

Well, that is a little messed up, but it often makes me want Talenti or Blue Bell as well as protein bars and even tilapia occasionally.
    I've said this a couple of times, but there are a ton of yummy foods MFP has made me want.

Aside from here and the group, I spend most of my forum time checking out the New Products thread in Food and Nutrition. :wink:

With pumpkin flavored stuff, I really want to try these and the pumpkin spice Mini Wheats.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

I finished this confession with " of my delicious points that will satisfy me through cravings to come."

:flowerforyou:

This. I totally let myself indulge in something "bad" but I got it to fit my calories, and still met my protein goal. I'm doing it right!
  • CountessKitteh
    edited September 2015
    Options

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju Thanks for asking about my daughter. She was home over Labor Day weekend, we didn't do a whole lot while she was here. We had Sunday brunch at one of our favorite local brunch spots, but she's still pretty quiet. She's struggling to keep her motivation at school. She's been texting me this week saying that she feels like she doesn't belong there and she wants to come home. I've told her that she can come home any time, it's her decision. But, don't quit school unless she's really given it a lot of thought and isn't doing it for the wrong reasons.

She keeps texting me that she doesn't knoooooooow what to do. She did go to Harry Potter club last night, so at least she's trying to stay engaged with other people somewhat.
    She is avoiding facing up to herself. She skipped her psychiatrist appointment. I've told her to reschedule it because it's important. I hope she follows up, I'll keep nagging until she does. She sees her counselor on Fridays, so I'll be checking in with her later about that.

She has 4 semesters until her bachelor's degree. I hope she can start to feel better about things, maybe she should switch schools AGAIN and go to school somewhere closer to Nashville.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    All this talk of pumpkin has my creative side wondering if you could make pumpkin cookies like the peanut butter ones talked about so much. maybe pumpkin, egg, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice? I might have to try it.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Well, I have a LOT of pages to catch up on, so maybe somebody has already mentioned it. Registration for the Country Music Marathon opens NEXT WEEK!! Whee!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    All this talk of pumpkin has my creative side wondering if you could make pumpkin cookies like the peanut butter ones talked about so much. maybe pumpkin, egg, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice? I might have to try it.

You can totally make them with just a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin! Mix-ins and frosting optional.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    This thread is getting so slow!

Edit: Posting from your phone is hard :(

Posting from your phone is REALLY hard! You're so not alone!

I only post from my phone. I am way too lazy to ever use my laptop or tablet for anything unless I really have to. It winds up my boyfriend no end for some reason.

I will read a bit from my phone or tablet, but I really only post from my laptop......posting from the other two is too slow and annoys me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Mmmmmmmm yes....and I have been out of pumpkin tea for weeks, I wonder if it is out yet......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    It is not even 7 am and I am already 1/2 way through my calories for the day. Sigh. That is what you get for getting up at 2:30 am an only having 2.5 hours sleep. Oh well I am carb loading today, right??

I need to do some walking in this airport to earn back some of those calories!

That happens to me when I am lacking sleep, I just want to eat all day long.....
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

YES! I never let fear win!

A woman was murdered on some of the country roads I used to run on in my old hometown. It was a random occurrence. The guy who did it was suffering from some sort of mental breakdown after a huge fight with his family. Friends, family, and random people at work were all telling me to quit running when it happened. Nope. Fear doesn't win. I can't live my life that way.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

You can totally make them with just a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin! Mix-ins and frosting optional.

One of my favorite things ever.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I want this :/