Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy, you've inspired me! I start the original Insanity workouts on Monday! I'm not sure if this is going to feel really good or kill me, or a combination of both!
    yup, both. but after it kills the old you, the new you will rise from it's ashes! LOL!

What a great image! Oh, And I feel for you exercising with the pup. Mine thinks I'm a salt lick when I do push ups.
    same here...I need NO towel! :p

"Day: 34 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid REST Plus"=Done! I MAY go for a trail run in a bit...in the rain.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    yup...went. sun came out and it got hot FAST!!
    hurmzl66uq5g.png
    steamy hot here...where'd the trail go?
    pmbprx56ydd3.jpg

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I hope all went well with your surgery!!!! Take care!!!!

Sorry been MIA, not really much going on. Same old same old!!!!

Welcome new members!!!! Keep on eating clean, working out, lifting!!!! But mostly enjoying life!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    All went very well....eye patch for a week, antibiotic droos four times a day for four weeks....no lifting for two weeks....and will have to have another surgery later on, after retina heals, to remve silicone oil. So, blurry vision in the one eye for a few months. Hey, a blurry-europe is better than no europe at all!
  • trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Andy, weight loss was easy for me using 5-2. I very rarely had trouble hitting my numbers. And with fish, chicken breast and lots of veggies, I wasn't overly hungry. Those two days a week were my first time counting calories, but the habit stuck, and here I am now, a year and a half later, at 168 pounds.

Hi Larro,

I'm currently giving the 5:2 a crack at the moment and I don't find it too hard (i.e. it seems quite sustainable, but at two weeks in I suppose it would :) ) and I seem to be responding well to it. Am I reading it right, in that you've kept it up for the last year and a half ?? If you're 168 pounds now, what did you start at (if you don't mind sharing) ?? And what calories were you aiming for on your 'eating' days ??

Cheers,
    Trent
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 36 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Back & Biceps & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    trentnert wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Andy, weight loss was easy for me using 5-2. I very rarely had trouble hitting my numbers. And with fish, chicken breast and lots of veggies, I wasn't overly hungry. Those two days a week were my first time counting calories, but the habit stuck, and here I am now, a year and a half later, at 168 pounds.

Hi Larro,

I'm currently giving the 5:2 a crack at the moment and I don't find it too hard (i.e. it seems quite sustainable, but at two weeks in I suppose it would :) ) and I seem to be responding well to it. Am I reading it right, in that you've kept it up for the last year and a half ?? If you're 168 pounds now, what did you start at (if you don't mind sharing) ?? And what calories were you aiming for on your 'eating' days ??

Cheers,
    Trent

I am no longer doing 5-2. I used it from August 2013 through January 2014, going from 240 down to 200 pounds in that time. {I was 250 at my heaviest, but that was a few years ago} I gave up 5-2 because I was doing too much cardio for 600 calories. The year and a half has been since I joined MFP, and using their guidelines.

When I was doing 5-2, I only counted calories on the two "fast" days. But as I got more in the habit of eating light, I'm sure my calories went down the other five days too. The biggest thing I did was give up bread, potatoes and fried food.

These days I'm trying to gain half a pound a week, so I'm aiming for 2290, pre-cardio. As my weight will show you, I very rarely meet that goal.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    At Boy Scout camp all week. 14 kids. Something interesting always happens.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    At Boy Scout camp all week. 14 kids. Something interesting always happens.

This Cub Scout mom will be saying a prayer for you to make it out unscathed ;).

Happy belated Father's Day to the dads!

Spent the weekend recovering from the 7 miles we walked at Busch Gardens on Friday. Ended up adopting a kitten on Saturday and fell in love. I ate fine this weekend, but I'll admit, that little sweet face combined with the heat outside kept me from having any motivation to exercise. Will get back on track today.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beeps- glad your surgery went good and you are on your way to recovery. Take it easy for a bit.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 37 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Plyometrics"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. All is healing nicely. Just can't workout for awhile.

I will walk (stroll) to the gym today because there is a farewell for a much beloved instructor.

Tomorrow I am going to try and drive. The weather here is perfect for walking and strolling and I will do as much as I can.

ZOOM!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Beeps, glad your peepers are going to be alright.

Spatulamom, enjoy the new kitten.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else.

We had a big storm roll through yesterday while I was at work. When I got home, I found my canoe outside the pole barn, 45 feet from the rack I store it on. It blew right through the space my Camry would have been if I had been home {just barely missing the old Prius and my Tacoma}. It {the storm, not the canoe} also took down some more longleaf pines and leaned a few tomato plants over. I'll be re-tying them this morning.

0uaaevdcdg29.jpg
    w61tky3n8vuy.jpg

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    All is well here. Trying my best to eat better this week. Beach vacation next week. Ruby, this is my 4th week on ChaLean Extreme, looking forward to the next phase. I'm loving the program again. I'm combining it with bikram once a week and swimming once a week.

Beeps, Europe will be lovely!!! My sister is there as we speak, in Rome now. They flew to Madrid. then Barcelona, Venice and now Rome. My little brother went recently with his family to London, Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam. What parts are you going to? Enjoy!!!!!!
  • momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted here in awhile. Fell back into some bad habits the last few months. Finally getting myself into control and feeling good.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 38 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Chest, Shoulders & Triceps & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well after eating at TDEE last week and getting back into full workout mode, this week is cutting by 15% and the usual kettlebell, kickboxing, combat and self defence (along with the daily bike riding). So we'll see if there is any change on Sunday.
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Well, hi all. I just turned 46 yesterday! Nice to meet you all.
    I'm struggling to find the balance between lifting/getting stronger and re losing the "last 5 to 10 pounds". I am leaning toward recomp, as I've seen women who weigh more than they did before but LOOK AMAZING. And I will go on record to say getting older is inevitable but aging...well, i'm fighting that with EVERY BREATH.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Alf- great job for making it through 1st phase of Chalene. Are you seeing good results?
    I am doing good. I bought a road bicycle and have been getting out a few times a week. I road15 miles on Sunday. Tonight when I got home from work I got in 7.5 miles.
    I should start Chalene again too! You are motivating me. I NEED the motivation right now!!!!

Hello to all of you rock stars!!! Glad to see you are all killing it!

Larro - that sounds like quite the storm. I am glad you are okay!!!!
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids. I want to be in the club! I'm a 45 yr old mom of 3 (24, 21, and 10) with about 80 lbs to lose...and lacking resilience and support (irl). Familiar with mfp, but I know I'm not giving it my all. Living in Austin area and ready to get my stuff together once and for all.

So...uh....hi!