20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    That is a nice way to visit your friend. I used to go pick my friend up and we would hit a different park morning Our little old town has quite a few of parks around here. I used to be an early morning walker too. Se is no loner with us Cancer of the lungs. She did not smoke but her husband did

have a good evening Barbie

<3 Marie bedtime for me.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Janice, what a relief for you! It's like Oprah used to always say on her show about health and healthcare, you have to be your own advocate. You told them how it was going to be and it looks like it worked. You're doing great handling all of this. I hope in the future you're able to look back at this time and recognize how strong you are as a person.
    And, the scale being down despite some stress foods is really great! One thing at a time, and it seems like you're knocking each step out with great progress.

I'm glad your computer is mostly working now, Marie!

Connie, it would be great if you could build your own home. That's something we considered during this process, but I personally feel that we would get in over our heads doing a custom build for our first home. My husband thinks it's doable, but I think we'd end up adding extra costs on until we couldn't really afford it. But a custom build is definitely a future goal. :) I hope you and your husband are able to do it!
    Your lunch sounds delicious. It's veggie-burgers for me these days, but I love a good veggie burger decked out with all the fixin's and fries. Yum! And I love waffles too, so that restaurant sounds like the place for me!

Ruthie, I desperately hope to not have to see 100 houses! Lol. I guess we've probably seen 30-40 at this point. I'm hoping to have some good news in the upcoming weeks. :)

I can't believe it's already Thursday(ish)! Time flies, for sure. I hope everyone had a pleasant day. :)

-Rachel
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @Eninad..thanks! It is tough!
    My new rationale is that I was starving and not losing so I might as well eat more and not lose! ;)

Ha ha - that made me laugh!
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @janiceclark08 I have been eating whatever I want. I just make sure I eat proper portions.

Esther

I eat whatever I want too. I also weigh and measure my food portions and try to be as accurate as I can with my food log. Some days it seems so easy others not so much, but I am accountable to me! Lol. I work it, i work it good -every day!

I got in 10K steps 3 times week so far and have been drinking my water. Feeling more motivated to move now that the kids are out of school for the summer and we can pick up and meet friends at the beach or pool. Going to Las Vegas next month with my DD for Dance Nationals. We'll stay at the MGM.

Wishing you all the best ladies
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Forgot to sign my name!
    B) Rosie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfits losers! Happy Thursday!

I'm just peeking in before taking the dog to be groomed then running errands. Glad I decided not to do formal exercise today...need the break.

Rachel..hubs want to move but stepping out of comfort zone is hard for him. This will be our third house but the first to be custom built. The first house was used; this one we're in was new when we bought it.

I hope everyone stays cool today as you go about your daily tasks.

Make it a great day and stay strong!
    Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning,

I finally got all the laundry and ironing done. Packing today for the wedding trip to Michigan. We have an apt. with
    a financial advisor for my hubby's pension money and where to put it. It makes my head spin.
    My DH got the engine working again in our boat so our sailing long weekend is a go!

I will take in a Yoga class tonight since Tuesday it was not open. I still don't know why. Even though I was busy with
    laundry and such I did get in 45 min walk yesterday.

Here's my quote for the day:

"When one approach is not working to reach the desired goal, that's not a reason to abandon the goal. Instead, it is time
    to devise another approach."

Janice - So glad you finally got your sister in a good nursing home. Now your worries will be less.
    If you push hard enough you can do it!

Have a wonderful day!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Forgot to sign my name!
    B) Rosie

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

welcome back home, Rosie wonderful you are back with us. So glad to see you. Keep us intouch with your daughter proressed

<3 marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I lost my list of the misfits on my word pads when I went to add Rosie name. My eyes are not focus good this morning so don't know what button I click on to lose it So going to have to go back to find it in our daily posting and my eyes are not up to that yet.

Janice So glad you got your sister in your choice of homes. Take care.

Shirley Have a nice sailing . You always have so much fun in the summers Like you quote tis morning.

Connie When will you and hubby get started on your new house.? How exciting. I have been inn this old house for 60 years and will remain her forever unless it falls down.

Have a most enjoyable day my friends
    Marie

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

so today I had my physical. I stayed at the same weight as I was last year but gained 7 lbs from the summer to the winter. I am really motivated to try and lose some more now especially with the kids gone. hoping my blood wok comes back ok. I think I am shrinking in height, I have lost about an inch already:( maybe I need to do some good stretching, thinking about picking up yoga or pilates again. getting bored with the usual.

I ate petty well yesterday although most of meals were out. I saw my nutritionist in the morning and she gave me a pep talk. had an omlette for lunch and salad for dinner. it was nice o catch up with friends.

tonight, hubby and I are heading to an outdoor musical theatre where Sheryl Crowe is performing. we have lawn tickets and are meeting friends. again, will need t bring good food choices, we have picnic. next week, heading to the lake with some girlfriends and then hubby and I heading down to south beach. very busy with kids away.

Janice, so glad things worked out!
    Connie, exciting about a new home, always wanted to build:)
    Rachel, hang tight, you will be so happy when you find the perfect place
    marie, glad the computer is working
    Ester and Roie, I love that you eat whatever you want and it works for you. I seem to do better on a heavy protein diet as I get older? my body does not love the sugar any more.

going to take my care in, I am 2000 miles past due and need to drive to the lake next week!
    have a great day!
    Stephanie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Connie, it sounds like your home gets newer each time! :) I can understand the comfort-zone thing. We've moved so much and I like living in different places because I tend to get bored easily, but these days moving frequently is less appealing. It was a relief to sign the second year lease on our current apartment, I just don't like packing so often. A house will lock us down for at least 5 years, so that'll be the longest we've stayed in one spot. :)

Rosie, Esther, I do the same with eating whatever, just tracking it and keeping it under my goal. I seem to get bored easily with many things and food is one of them, so I snack a lot more than I eat full meals. I have trouble keeping up with protein that way, but that's something I'm trying to work on. I've always been a big snacker, so it makes this all doable. I'm currently a firm believer in calories-in/calories-out, no matter the food(of course healthy eating fills you up better and is better nutritionally). But a calorie is a calorie. If I'd acknowledged this magic formula before, maybe I would have had previous success.

Stephanie, enjoy your concert! It sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry to hear you're shrinking. :/ I've noticed my mom is shorter over time as well. I wonder if it has to do with bones and calcium, etc.

Shirley, I really like that quote! So much truth in that!

We sent an offer through on a house last night. The selling agent is supposed to have feedback by 4:00 today. Fingers crossed! :)

Heading to the gym, I get to weigh in tomorrow and I'm very curious. I hope for at least a little loss, just please no gain! I want to get to have my no-count weekends without consequence! Haha.

Make it a good day, everyone!

-Rachel
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Good morning all the misfits

I guess I did not post my posting this morning. I am so forgettable That's happen to you when you get old and grey headed. I copy the list and posted it in my word pad.So I can copy and post here Thank you Connie

misfit Easter Challengers

Marie~ yep I am here and doing fine
    Connie~thank you for gathering up this list Love it
    Nancy~When will you be back home
    Janice~ Janice hang in there. You are doing great
    Esther~you are really making headways
    Tami~Tami so great you are with us
    Faye~ Faye I have an MFP friend who lives in new Zealand and her and her husband goes to sinapore on their vacations. Much be a great tourist attractions.

Cristina~ So glad you are sticking with your plan
    Stephanie~ Hey you we don't hear from you as much but we know you are still around.
    Barbie~our one and only maintance But think I few more will be joining you
    Rachel~ How are them Baby kittens Must be fun watching them play/
    Ruthie~You have not been off traveling lately, Great
    Sunnyfarm~haned in there Sunny
    Eninad~ You are like a breath of fresh air
    Shirley~ Are you back home yet? I know you are enjoy being with your grand son But I missed you

Look like there are 16 of us misfits

<3 Marie

Here's your list, Marie.

I'm not getting too excited about a new house just yet. We did the same thing last year, and my DH kept changing his mind so much, I just gave up. I'm taking it slow..just looking at lots right now.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Becky is also on the list of misfits. Thank you everyone for your kind words of support. I am a fighter and a survivor, and am use to fighting for what I want or need. I am very happy this worked out.
    I also eat the foods I want, just less of it than I use to. I have a scale and I do measure my food, since I have already lost so much, it is coming off slower and I am not a big sweets eater so thats not a big problem. I have been eating alittle more calories than I was before. I have basically been losing about 1.25lbs a month since January after summer I will reduce my calories if not sooner, we'll see. I had to buy all new clothes and its okay if I continue to lose slow right now. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    <3 I double posted
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Connie for some reasons it was showing up in my WordPad's this morning so added Becky and Rosie
    so here is our new list if anyone wants to make a copy or save it

Marie~
    Connie~
    Nancy~
    Becky~
    Janice~
    Esther~
    Tami~
    Faye~
    Cristina~
    Stephanie~
    Barbie~
    Rachel~
    Ruthie~
    Sunnyfarm~
    Eninad~
    Shirley~
    Rosie

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Thanks Connie. for some reason it was in my word pad
    this morning Here is the list if anyone want to copy or make a copy

Marie~
    Connie~
    Nancy~
    Becky~
    Janice~
    Esther~
    Tami~
    Faye~
    Cristina~
    Stephanie~
    Barbie~
    Rachel~
    Ruthie~
    Sunnyfarm~
    Eninad~
    Shirley~
    Rosie

now we have 17 if any missing let us know
    Marie and Connie

Whew, Marie. For a moment I thought I'd been kicked out of the family because I'm not a daily poster! LOL :'(

I like having the list (I emailed it to myself)! Thank you!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie I fill out my food chart yesterday and it showed I needed about 60 more grams of protein to reach my goal.
    So I am thinking about n adding a plant base smoothie as a snack in the morning and one in the afternoon. and see how that work out And I thought I was getting plenty. not so Did my Dairy show up? I open it up yesterday?
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No way Becky we had no intentions of leaving you out. How is your garden doing?
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Surely am missing my misfits. Will be heading home tomorrow and am ready to get back to my routine. Have not been doing good with food choices this week and am not looking forward to looking at the evil scales!!!
    Have a good evening.
    Nancy
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm working hard to keep the bloat gain I get every month as low as possible. Right after I logged a 202.6 I went right up to 203.6, then ...207, but today I've pushed that back down to 204.6. I really hope keeping tight reins during bloat week will give me a bigger loss for July 4th.
    Today looking at before and after pics of others makes me so hopeful that long term diligence will get this previously 250 person, down to 130 or so, so ya'll know I'm here for a looooong time yet.
    Next goal after Onderland will be 180. Glad to have you guys around me.