Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon those earrings are beautiful!! Wow, you really are one lucky woman! I bet you two compliment each other really well as a couple because you are great too!

I'm really not that great, but he makes up for it. Oh, who am I kidding?! I'm freaking AMAZING!

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I fall all the time when I run. I don't pick my feet up enough. I have broken several walkman/discman over the years. Thank God for iPods. Although I did break my iPod when it fell off my waistband in a portapotty once. :(
    Kalici wrote: »
    I would not have even checked if I dropped it in a portapotty. I would have been all, 'so long iPod, we had some good times didn't we?'
    Sorry to be clear...it didn't go in the toilet. It hit the plastic floor by my feet. No, if it had gone in the toilet part the screen probably would have been fine but it would have been bye bye iPod!
    1) I got a chuckle out of the fact that the absence of a comma after "Sorry" results in "Sorry to be clear" then sounding as though 'twere an apology for being clear... lol ;) (...and is simply one example of the many pleasures of language which result from all manner of inadvertency... including -- among the multitude of possibilities to be 'cultivated' in, and culled from, the realm of writing 'accidentalia' ;) -- race-typing(/'stylusing'), auto'correct'-addled typo-dom, puns, homonymic-substitution, brain cramp -affected(/confabulated) output (a favorite to ever see my mind 'hiccup out' (<-- does that even make sense?!)), ambiguity that deserves to high-five itself (into a Mobius strip ;) ), stuck keys, and (as 'afflicts' me to no end (anteceding pun intended)) -- interminable sequences that are perpetually in want of a punctuative 'end of their misery' ;) ... (if punctuation-specific 'restraining orders' could ever be granted, I have no doubt that I would not only be on the receiving end of one (or more!), but that I would summarily be required to 'go before The Court', be found 'guilty' of ellipses 'abuse', and 'sentenced' (ha!), accordingly... ;) )

2) As for technology being lost in portapotties... with portapotties being a mainstay at large festivals and other gatherings, and the lack of convenient 'countertop' -type surfaces in said portapotties being what it is, the reality of such portapotties becoming a kind of 'Land of the Lost (Technology)' would seem to have the makings of a niche business 'swirling about' the foul smell and 'besmirchment' (lmao) of said beloved devices... and the folks who engage in the highly undesirable work of cleaning up crime scenes would seem to be a 'natural fit' for the demands of such unsavory fare as 'portapotty extraction and disinfection' (though the physical limits of technological components being what they are, having any such device survive being submerged in a solution of biocide and/or surviving the heat of an autoclave, would seem to be asking 'a bit much', when it comes to the omni-operationality possibly expected of such devices (and perhaps unrealistically desired or otherwise hoped for, when it comes the electronic wonders humans are increasingly finding themselves 'lost without' (especially when they're lost (the devices, that is :P (and especially if lost in the bowels of a portapotty)))))... ;)

(...though I, for one, would enjoy the opportunity to create ad copy for any such business... :) )
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 congrats on the beginning potty training! Consistency is tough and I don't know if mentioning it specifically will upset her or not, but maybe you can present it to her like what an amazing accomplishment she has to tell daddy when he gets home. I'm hoping that will give her positive reinforcement AND give her a "job" to do to pass the time until he gets home.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @MoHousdon those earrings are beautiful!! Wow, you really are one lucky woman! I bet you two compliment each other really well as a couple because you are great too!

I'm really not that great, but he makes up for it. Oh, who am I kidding?! I'm freaking AMAZING SUPER GREAT!

FTFY
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I'm really not that great, but he makes up for it. Oh, who am I kidding?! I'm freaking AMAZING!

You must be. He's known you for 15+ years and he's dropping surprise diamonds on you... proof right there!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @kellienw335 Sure! I was struck by a car and broke some bones in my right ankle and shoulder. There was also some scarring on my face and ligament tears / minor breaks in my left knee, but the ortho was very cautious with the knee because it was almost a lot worse. I was in the hospital for a few weeks and in inpatient physical therapy for two more weeks per recommendation from the hospital.

That picture of your cats eating just makes me giggle @kelly_c_77 . It's too cute. Super jealous of that dessert too. :yum: Happy Birthday!

Awesome job with your weight goals @xLoveLikeWinterx , sucks about the baby's ear infection. Ear pain is the one thing I can't soldier through.

Beautiful earrings @MoHousdon . You and your husband really sound like a great couple.

I'm going to have to wait three hours for a free movie screening today and I fully plan on sitting or standing in line with my headphones. I also sometimes use them at stores when I really don't want to have a conversation. As long as you aren't using them while driving or in the streets, I'm good.

As for sleeping with pets, I'd take sleeping with a cat over sleeping with a dog any day. The worst my cat ever did was manage to secure the whole pillow for himself. He was never rowdy in the morning like my siblings' dogs.

Thanks, @spacequiztime ! Sorry about your accident, that sounds rough. Glad you've recovered.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Look what you guys made me do...
    4cduwxesnjwv.jpg

I couldn't resist, it was $2 off. I would have grabbed more had I not been on lunch. I'm hoping to have enough calories for some tonight. We'll see.

Goodness me!!! That one is my favorite next to the salted caramel.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Isn't there a Talenti mint chocolate chip one? Or am I imagining things? I'm totally heading to the store after work to get either gelato or ice cream...I'm eating to maintenance today and have no cares :p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So I am PMSing so what do I think is a good idea? Going grocery shopping.

I bought two Pop-Tarts Peanut Butter & Wildlicious Wild! Cherry

For those who like unfrosted Pop-Tarts the Peanut Butter are unfrosted & very good with ice cream or peanut butter if you prefer that. I seen Wal-Mart had the new Blue Raspberry flavor but I decided to try them another time.

I also bought Quaker Valley Caramel Apple bars (never tried them), Special K Fudge Brownies (these are only 80 calories & the Salted Caramel are also good), Ice Cream Pebbles cereal, Dill flavored Almonds (never tried these & they sounded good), Fiber One Salted Carmael Cheesecake bars & the Raspberry flavored box, & two Sam's Choice ice creams Coffee & Donuts (this one is so freaking good & I love the glaze more than the donuts), & their Butterscotch Salted Caramel Fudge (never tried this one).

I still at least bought some healthier fare which included two Honeydew melons, watermelon, three packages of grape tomatoes, & two big packs of mushrooms.

I'm mad because a few of you had talked about the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream before and I have looked at my Walmart the last 5 times that we've been there, and they are all expired!!! So irritating...yet I never say anything. I've been dying to try it! :(

Eww how long have they been expired for? I would definitely bring it up to someone that works there. I wonder what the expiration date on ice cream is?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    ETA: oops, double post! dont know why it does that :(

Aww I love the picture where it looks like he's winking while eating a strawberry.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

That would be me also. Which is why I'd never do Zumba. Glad your daughter really enjoyed it, though... and you're an awesome mum for attending with her!
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

I've done 5:2 intermittently. (that sounds weird, ha ha) I've mentioned before that when he's home my SO does the cooking and that generally results in huge portions of very rich and rather "junky" food -- not at all how I'd choose to eat -- so when he's gone I'll do 5:2 to kind of recalibrate, especially since my IBS is usually in overdrive by the time he leaves (we seriously eat like cr@p).

I'd say give it a try.

But keep saving that house money!!!

Yea, I don't see any harm in trying it for a month or so. It's not something stupid like a teatox. It just involves a bit of forward planning.

It's ok, the money is still there

I tend to rely heavily on 35 calorie Yoplait yogurt pots, 15 cal fruit cups (Del Monte water packed, no added sugar) and Quest bars. But the 500 days make me feel seriously awesome... probably because the carb/high fat/sodium fog lifts, lol.

In England we have Icelandic Yogurt called SKYR and it is no fat, high protein (It's amazing) and I intend on having that for lunch I think. It does have carbs in it though so I'm not sure.
    What do you have for dinner? I was thinking stir-fry one night, but I can't think of anything else apart from soup or salad for the second night :confounded:

Where do we buy this?

I only shop in Tescos so I can't vouch for the other shops. You can get a big 450g tub or little pots with fruit compote in the bottom. Looks like this

Arla-skyr-Product-Range-450g_430.png

Edit: the only reason I know about it was because I first tried it when I went to Iceland a couple of years ago and saw it advertised over here a couple of weeks ago and was like :hushed:
  • MoHousdon
    Options

You must be. He's known you for 15+ years and he's dropping surprise diamonds on you... proof right there!

I think he's trying to get me to do those things we talked about several pages back that I don't currently do. Well, he's definitely closer than he was before. :wink:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Look what you guys made me do...
    4cduwxesnjwv.jpg

I couldn't resist, it was $2 off. I would have grabbed more had I not been on lunch. I'm hoping to have enough calories for some tonight. We'll see.

Goodness me!!! That one is my favorite next to the salted caramel.

I hope it's good. I thought about getting the raspberry and cream one until I saw this one. I love butter pecan so I'm excited to try it.

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In England we have Icelandic Yogurt called SKYR and it is no fat, high protein (It's amazing) and I intend on having that for lunch I think. It does have carbs in it though so I'm not sure.
    I do enjoy the Siggi's brand of Icelandic Skyr that's sold here in the U.S., and have been glad to see it finally arrive on shelves of 'regular' grocery stores (the only original option in this area was Whole Foods, and it was quite pricey), but the sugar content associated with my favorite 'flavored' option (vanilla) ensures that I need to be careful...

I would buy the plain version if anyone around here actually sold it, but the limited refrigerated shelf space is utilized for flavored versions only (and likely not due to any sort of market demand issue regarding the plain version, what with market demand for such seeming to be technically unknown, given that they'd need to first *offer* the option, in order to gauge any as-a-function-of-actual-availability demand... and I've never seen the plain version sold around here (yet, anyway))... perhaps after more time, and more market penetration, my 'wish' for access to the plain version will be fulfilled...

A few interesting articles regarding Siggi's --

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/small_business/2010/08/the_yogurt_chronicles.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/siggis-is-coming-for-chobani/373345/
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I think he's trying to get me to do those things we talked about several pages back that I don't currently do. Well, he's definitely closer than he was before. :wink:

Ahhh, smooth one we have there then huh? That's hilarious, and hey, I can't say I'd 100% blame him for trying! haha
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Isn't there a Talenti mint chocolate chip one? Or am I imagining things? I'm totally heading to the store after work to get either gelato or ice cream...I'm eating to maintenance today and have no cares :p

I saw this too. Had I had more time, and freezer space, I probably would have bought multiple pints. Is there a Fresh Market near you? That's where I got this on sale.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Yeah you are!!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon - Do you leave tomorrow or Saturday? We'll miss you but know you'll have a blast!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

[
    Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Do they ever try to sneak food when they're done eating out of their own bowls?

Yes, the orange one on the top left (Bugsy) will stay in there the longest and try to sneak whatever is left behind. Also, Skye (our newest kitten) will do it too. She isn't in the picture because this was taken when we still had Steve (the other orange over in front of the sink) before he passed last fall from Cancer.

Aww:). My dogs are a bunch of weirdos when it comes to food. Roxy is a Lhasa Apso & will gobble her food down in probably 25-30 seconds & probably doesn't even taste it. Chewy who is a Silky Terrier & a psycho will take one piece out & drop it & then run off to eat the one piece. She'll then come back & finish the rest of her food.

I used to give Chewy doggie chocolates & every time she should find where the cat was & bark at her.

Is Chewy running to carpet to eat? My friend had a Pug that wouldn't eat his food on the kitchen tile...but he would pick each piece out, carry it into the living room, and eat it off of the carpet! Once she realized it was because of the flooring, she ended up putting a small rug near his bowl that he would stand on and eat.

She does take one piece & run to the rug in the dining room but then she comes back & eats the rest of her food in the bowl in the kitchen.

She's also pretty particular about her toys. She used to play with any kind of stuffed toy & loved to play with a little Tasmanian Devil toy but now she'll only play with these toys that look like rabbits. If you try to give her a toy that she doesn't like she'll turn her head.