Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    For those that love maple & bacon I seen at Wal-Mart Snyders had Maple Bacon pretzel pieces.

I LOVE those Snyder pretzel pieces, especially the honey mustard and onion, but I've not seen the maple bacon. I guess I'm going to Wal-Mart after work today!

Honey mustard and onion pretzels pieces are my favorite. Man, I can eat a lot of those...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birday dear kelly_c_77, Happy birthday to you.

And many moooorrreeee!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    Had a horrendous journey home. Feeling low today, cried all the way, traffic sucked. Got home and have had a bowl of ice cream with clotted cream on top.

Sorry it was such a rough day for you!

On the positive side, that food sounds like an awesome source of dairy and probably decent protein :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Just wondering - any word yet on why this thread is broken?

I thought it had been fixed? @LBuehrle8 said it was back on page one. I still don't know what was going on with it, though!

It was back on page one yesterday :'(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @kelly_c_77 !!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options

I thought it had been fixed? @LBuehrle8 said it was back on page one. I still don't know what was going on with it, though!

Not for me :(

Me neither. And while the regulars most likely have it bookmarked and can always find it, we won't be getting any more newbies, which is sad. There are a lot of former newbies who have stuck around to become valued members of the "community".

@Lois_1989 the 5:2 cookbooks I was referring to are by CookNation, and the titles seem to start with "The Skinny...." plus a reference to either 5:2 or low calorie value.

And forgot to mention my other 500 day staple: a tin of tuna or salmon. They run around 120 cals with 26 grams protein. I'll throw in a ton of chopped veggies, mix it all up with a drizzle of salad dressing, and there's dinner. (have I mentioned that I HATE all aspects of food preparation? lol)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989 I have a ton of recipes that come in at 350 calories and under that can be modified to be less, if you're interested. :) Off the top of my head, here's a short list:

- Half a serving of my cauliflower mixed fried "rice" - 190 calories, quite a large serving of food, very filling.
    - Chicken hummus wrap - 340 calories, the tortilla wrap can be replaced with a low-carb wrap at only 60 calories apiece to bring it down to 270ish calories.
    - Chicken pizza wrap - 350ish calories, you can replace the wrap and reduce the cheese or even use a lower-fat cheese.
    - White beans in tomato sauce with turkey franks - 270 calories per serving, very filling
    - Chickpea burgers in a 120 cal burger bun - 280 calories, also very filling--for less calories, the patty can be eaten over salad or in sandwich thins.
    - Chili wrap - ~300 calories, depending on how much chili you put in. I stuff it with lettuce as well, to make it bigger. Again, calories can be reduced with a low-carb wrap.

Send me a private message if you want the recipes for any of them. As you can tell, I kind of eat a lot of sandwiches. ;)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

This is probably part of the reason he's spoiling you so much, makes him appreciate what he now has with you.

Though that's not to say even if he's not angling for it you shouldn't show your own appreciation...

Have a great trip!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 Happy birthday!! Hope you have a great day.

I have to say I think you are one of the sweetest people on this thread, you always seem to remember things other people say and be checking up on them. Enjoy your dinner out.

Same is also true for @riderfangal - you seem totally sweet too. Have fun on your date. I've only just caught up.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @kelly_c_77!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

This is probably part of the reason he's spoiling you so much, makes him appreciate what he now has with you.

Though that's not to say even if he's not angling for it you shouldn't show your own appreciation...

Have a great trip!

I plan on it. ;)

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Happy birthday @kelly_c_77 ! I hope you get your dessert and everything else you want today. Thanks for being you, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Congrats on your 1 year MFPversary too.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ack! Spikey was SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

He was, wasn't he? :) Once he got older he used to climb up the pipes into the top of his cage (there was a detachable carry case with a lid there that I could open) and wait for me to pick him up and cuddle him and give him treats. :) I was so sad when he died that I couldn't go anywhere near his cage for over a year--it just stayed there in a corner. My sister had to bury him for me because I just couldn't do it. :(

He was super cute! I do not care for hamsters because they tend to bite!
    I feel the same way about rodent boys cage now......it is in the corner of my living room, just sitting there.....

He only ever bit me twice--once when he was just bought and not used to human touch, and another time when I didn't wash my hands first and smelled like food. Hamsters have very poor eyesight, so fingers can get mistaken for food sometimes. I even had to force feed him medicine through a syringe for five days once, and he hated it but never bit. :)

Yeah my hamsters never bitten me, not even once! It's largely down to their temperament I think, but its also to do with how they're treated from when you get them, if you're careful with handling them from a young age they tend to be calmer :) Sounds like you took good care of yours @Susieq_1994 if he only got you twice!

Food smells on hands is something I'm always careful with too haha, Artemis does this really cute thing that I call a 'test nibble', he sort of holds your finger with his paws and sniffs it/puts his teeth on it, so you can feel them but he doesnt bite, he's never made a mark doing it, it's very strange haha.

He must be figuring out whether it's food or not. ;) That sounds adorable! When Spikey figured out what fingers were, he was always extremely gentle when he would take food from my hands with his teeth. :) So I don't think all hamsters are bitey; his vet did nickname him "bitey Spikey" though, because he kept trying to bite her--he didn't like being examined at all! ;)

I was very careful about hand-raising Spikey by the book--I did tons and tons of research. Gave him his space, didn't force him out of his hidey-holes or nest, started out stroking him with a toothbrush, then moved on to one finger, then started to handle him when he wasn't scared and gave him bits of food to tempt him. :)

The first bite was because I got over-excited when I first brought him home and poked my finger into his little house. ;) Then he was all like "GET OUT OF HERE*CHOMP*" :p

Haha awh bless him, I'd probably get pretty grumpy too if a stranger poked their hand into my home though haha.

Confession; I bought pop tarts today, and am seriously considering having one. My SO and I are in a bit of a predicament, as he is super skinny and doesn't eat nearly enough calories (works full time, doesnt get any time to eat while on shift, and burns a ton of calories as he's on his feet all day- he's a chef) and I'm trying to lose weight. Trying to balance this when we live together is pretty tricky, so we've come up with the approach that I'm going to keep cooking my 'healthy' dinners but sub in some less-healthy stuff on his/give him bigger portions.

Anyway, the point is this now means we have a TON of very sugary and/or tempting snacks in the house. Oh dear...
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birday dear kelly_c_77, Happy birthday to you.

Yes! Happy Birthday @kelly_c_77!!!! Hope you have a super great day!!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Uuuugh.... :( when is vacation again?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Ate too much for breakfast. Had a refried beans and steak burrito, then for some dumb reason decided to make myself a pop tart ice cream sandwich. Full now. Hopefully for a long time.

I've heard of breakfast for dinner, but dinner for breakfast? lol
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

Yeah I couldn't find it anywhere. I had to use the bookmark which I hate to use because it doesn't take me to the last post where I left off so I end up missing some posts.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Happy birthday @kelly_c_77 ! I hope you get your dessert and everything else you want today. Thanks for being you, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Congrats on your 1 year MFPversary too.

Co-signing on this ^^^. Congrats and happy bday.