• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    1gqloopqs6po.jpg

An older pic of us when I was bigger
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Phew that was a long read. Made it to Chicago after enduring a lot of traffic and rain! Had a great time reconnecting with my kids, Ben 24 yo and Roz 26 yo. Had dinner at Panera and then took the kids grocery shopping to fill up their fridges and pantries. At the Hampton Inn now. Told husband lights don't go out till I've checked in with my peeps!
    Sounds like everyone had a busy day here. Will go back and read in more detail at a later time.
    More visiting tomorrow with a visit to an outdoor antique market and dinner at TGIFriday's.
    Nite nite ladies.

Cheri (currently in rainy Chicago)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Update on appraisal- not good. We reduced our price for future purchase of new roof and windows. Buyers knew that. But, FHA says that the roof needs to be replaced. Now what??? They wanted us to sign an extension but can we ask to have our realtor get the second offer??? Anyhow our realtor isn't helping so my DH asked her to set up a meeting with her and the agency broker. She just gave us the brokers number. Any advice on how FHA works would be appreciated!

Michele- thanks for your support! The candy bar has left the building!

Barbie- I haven't heard those songs in ages! I loved them.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Pip, you were a beautiful couple then AND now. I can just FEEL your personalities in that picture! How much bigger were you?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Pip- you don't look very big! Great picture!

• pipcd34
    Options
    I think I was about 30 or so lbs heavier
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pip love the pic of and you Kirby (aka hottie). I should be so big now!!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Phew that was a long read. Made it to Chicago after enduring a lot of traffic and rain! Had a great time reconnecting with my kids, Ben 24 yo and Roz 26 yo. Had dinner at Panera and then took the kids grocery shopping to fill up their fridges and pantries. At the Hampton Inn now. Told husband lights don't go out till I've checked in with my peeps!
    Sounds like everyone had a busy day here. Will go back and read in more detail at a later time.
    More visiting tomorrow with a visit to an outdoor antique market and dinner at TGIFriday's.
    Nite nite ladies.

Cheri (currently in rainy Chicago)

Sounds like a great time, used to visit Chicago fairly regularly. I love it, so much to do and see, wouldn't want to live there cuz is so humid but fun place to visit.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota so sorry to hear the news, nothing is ever easy, ugh. Sure hoping things can get worked out and you're able to move forward. Hugs and lotsa good thots. :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Oh ... the name of the author is JAMES Grippando, not John.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    4wj0d5x3dpol.jpg

This is Lenny, we were at Santa Cruz ca where we spent a special weekend. I still miss him he is the one that died at 34
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @exermom - you think kids are 'self-centered'? THEY ARE and they don't know how to communicate without some damn sort of cell phone or other electronic device. They 'think' that an email will suffice as a 'thank you'. Thankfully, my 'new' DnL has taught her daughter to write 'thank you notes' and 'letters'. She curbs her electronic time as well. My DGDs that live next door have electronics that go 'everywhere' with them; and, I mean EVERYWHERE! Damn that they should be in the bathroom or taking a shower and miss something important.

My DnL has her phone on 24/7 and FB is her homepage. Son says it beeps all night long with people posting. No wonder she suffers from migraines and lack of sleep. She once told me that when we started paying her phone bill we'd have the right to tell her to turn it off . . . guess what? We paid it month before last - I remember these 'small details'. ...

@Janetr7476 - the more the merrier! Welcome! :wink: People should not be so embarrassed to be themselves. Like me, or leave. I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. I think I am pretty likeable. :smiley:
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Pip, good looking guy. I'm sure that would be very hard to lose someone that young.
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Grits, yep at this age I for sure say "what ya see is what ya get" like or don't like it that's your choice. I think you're pretty dang likeable too :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Pip - Lenny was very handsome, I'm sorry for your loss. You are very fortunate to have 2 very amazing men in your life.
  • fanncy0626
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Janetr7476 - thanks for your support and positive outlook. We know everything will work out! Patience is what we need to learn!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I do not like working on Fridays!! Now I am in panic mode...there are only two days to catch up at home. OH!! wait a minute - we are off to a wedding tomorrow so only 1 day...JEEEZZZEEEE!! I think I am "anal" I need counselling. Or an attitude adjustment... I have a better idea!! RETIRE!! I will get right on that....

Well a beautiful hot day today!! Travelled to a co-workers retirement luncheon and then back to work to return all the phone calls....

Tomorrow - and the weekend we already have heat warnings. Look out Lethbridge - the south is supposed to be +38 Celsius. WE get +34..... oh lovely day for a wedding. I have the umbrellas ready. AND the water.

It is late - I better go to bed... not sure why am not really tired. I only had 3 cups of coffee today and none after lunch.

The forest fire near us is "under control" ..that is good!

Later everyone

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • janetr7476
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr7476 - thanks for your support and positive outlook. We know everything will work out! Patience is what we need to learn!

Mary from Minnesota

Aaahh, patience, not my forte. So much easier said than done. Glad you are staying positive.