21 CONSECUTIVE days of exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• ColaSoBless
    ColaSoBless Posts: 31
    Options
    When did this challenge begin and is it to late to join?
  • BeCali
    BeCali Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day 2

1) What you did for exercise: rowing, climbing
    2) Duration: 33 minutes
    3) Calories burned: 387
    4) How you felt: Great
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    DAY 2

1) What you did for exercise: TREADMIL 4 minutes on 3.5 speed and 1 minute @ 5.8 speed consecutively on a 4 incline
    2) Duration: 60 minutes
    3) Calories burned: 510
    4) How you felt: i always dread getting on the tready. but it is my job! and now i feel great...as usual hehehe

3058850.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day # 1:

1) What I did for exercise - I walked 1.1 miles to and from work, and just now performed 100 squats for "Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 5/23-5/29" plus performed 50 push ups.

2) Duration - total of about 40 minutes

3) Calories burned - Unknown

4) How I felt - I am happy that I could do 50 *real* push ups (I have a much harder time banging them out when I am doing them during my Insanity workouts, I think because I am so gassed and winded then). I am also surprised (and pleased) at how much I was sweating just from doing the 100 squats and 50 push ups (I did 20 squats, then 10 push ups, then 20 squats, then 10 push ups, and so on).
  • Sistasarita
    Sistasarita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am totally in this ROCKSTAR group. I am new to MFP. Today is my Day 1.

1) Elliptical
    2) 30 Mins
    3) 283 calories burned
    4) Watched Talladega Nights wrote down this quote "Is it foolish pride or do you have greatness in you?" Actual quote from the movie. Who knew.

See y'all tomorrow!:happy:
  • kayladiane5
    kayladiane5 Posts: 94
    Options
    1) Tae Bo and Biking
    2) 85 mins
    3) 1276 Calories Burned
    4) I actually don't feel that great about it because I didn't run.
  • tanyaMax
    Options
    Day 2 (continued)

1)What you did for exercise: Biggest loser CARDIO MAX dvd
    2) Duration: 55 minutes
    3) Calories burned: 523
    4) How you felt: I wasnt having it the first 20 minutes of the workout...but then my endorphines kicked in i suppose :0) and it was smooth sailing from there on...great burn

1)dog walk (spurts of joggging)
    2)42 Minutes
    3)269 calories burned
    4) felt good. was listening to Jillian Michaels podcast...interesting stuff
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    DAY #2

1) What you did for exercise: weights/ 3 mile run
    i ran for 3 miles and then did a back workout
    i know you're supposed to lift before you run, but today i did my run first because i didn't want to be too tired to run after lifting
    i did deadlifts working up to a set of 3 reps X 365 lbs
    then i did 100 tire flips with a 160 lbs tire and some lat pulldowns

2) Duration: 120 minutes

3) Calories burned: 1423

4) How you felt:
    the first mile of the run i didn't feel great, but once i got through the wall the last 2 miles were pretty good. my legs were sore from yesterday's squats, but i was still able to finish my workout strong. i'm very sore this morning so i might take it easy tonight on my lower body and just do an upper body workout.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there
    Well done all of you, I would like to join if ok?
    DAY 1

1) What you did for exercise: 15min walking mod pace, 10mins walking brisk pace and 30mins on the exercise bike
    2) Duration: 55mins
    3) Calories burned: 578
    4) How you felt: Great once I had done it :tongue:

DAY 2

1) What you did for exercise: 10min walking mod pace, 20mins Tae Bo and 20mins aerobics and 10mins Stretching
    2) Duration: 60mins
    3) Calories burned: 593
    4) How you felt: Brilliant afterwards

DAY 3

1) What you did for exercise: 25min walking mod pace, 60mins walking mod pace
    2) Duration: 85mins
    3) Calories burned: 521
    4) How you felt: Great as the second walk will be along the seafront with my little sis :happy:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Day 3

Insanity: Cardio Power and Resiatance

40 minutes

437 calories burned

I felt really good after the workout. I found myself lasting longer and taking fewer breaks in an Insanity workout. Can't wait to do another tomorrow!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Day # 2:

1) What I did for exercise - Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

2) Duration - 42 minutes

3) Calories burned - Unknown

4) How I felt - Pretty good. But still annoyed at how hard push ups are for me when I am winded (I seem to have no problem with them otherwise - nor any problems with plyo/calesthenic leg work while winded). Also, it's 85-degrees here right now and I have not set up my A/C for the summer yet (although I would rather be hot and sweat like a pig while exercising lol). I had to keep wiping the floor with a towel to keep from slipping, and wiping my eyes so I could see, I was sweating so much.
  • ivorythorns
    ivorythorns Posts: 33
    Options
    I kind of failed yesterday due to an injury... I seriously considered going ahead with the challenge, but I'm losing weight to fix my bum knee, not to break it altogether! Looking forward to some light walking tonight though!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I know you guys started on Wed so I'll give my Wed & Thursday results. I'll post today's workout later.

Day 1:

Elliptical
    30 minutes
    547 calories burned
    I felt really good after the workout because I had didn't have much time and decided to get a workout in!

Day 2:

Stationary Bike
    50 minutes
    1,064 calories burned
    I felt POWERFUL after the workout because I biked 18 miles in 50 minutes!
  • tanyaMax
    Options
    Day 3

1) walked on treadmil uphill @ a 8.0 incline for 50 minutes and a 9.0 incline for ten minutes @ a 3.5 speed
    2) 60 long freakin minutes
    3)660 calories
    4) totally was not up to exercising today. I hate exercising on Friday. lol. but its done and over with. and now I'm waiting for my lady friends to come over for a dip in the pool :0) Happy Friday ENJOY!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday, but ran for 38 minutes, burning 368 calories, felt fabulous! really strong and quick pace (for me that is).

Today I rode my bike for 23 minutes and burned 90 calories. Although its not a lot, I normally take Friday's off, so feel quite accomplished.
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    DAY 3

1) What you did for exercise? - Walking
    2) Duration? - 30 mins
    3) Calories burned? 249
    4) How you felt? I was a bit sore today after walking for over an hour yesterday, but really not as bad as I thought I'd be. I felt really great after it was done! It's such a sense of accomplishment for me. :D
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    OOOH can I join
    Tuesday -- Day 1
    C25K -- 30 mins; 221 calories; felt better than before
    Jillian Ripped in 30; 388 calories; hard but felt great

Wednesday -- Day 2
    Walking fast -- 34 mins; 322 calories (HRM this time); felt great
    Bootcamp -- 60 mins; 700 calories (HRM); HARD kick butt workout but felt awesome

Thursday -- Day 3
    Walking fast -- 36 mins; 348 calories (HRM); felt ok, not great
    Bootcamp -- 60 mins; 652 calories (HRM); Hard and felt pretty good

Friday -- Day 4
    C25K -- 30 mins 310 calories (HRM) felt SLUGGISH but glad I did it -- I wanted to skip it. Might do a quick slower walk tonight no HRM to get to dinner ...

Love this -- I find exercising every day is KEY and I am committed!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I would like to join if I can...I started back on Tuesday and plan to continue the working out for the next month and would like to see what you have accomplished (nothing motivates me like seeing success)!
  • mutch05
    mutch05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in.... Day 1

Walked treadmill
    speed 3.3
    50 minutes
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Oops I should have probably posted these:
    Tues 5/24
    1. What: ran on the treadmill 5 mph
    2. Duration: 28 minutes
    3. Calories:230

4. How I felt: like dying. I was trying to prove I could still easily run 5K. I can't
    Weds 5/25
    1. What: hiking up in the foothills (Arroyo Burro)
    2. Duration: 1 1/2 hours
    3. Calories: 656
    4. How I felt: legs were shaking, I was sweatin it, but felt good to stretch my thighs. Plus the view was AMAZING!

Thurs 5/26:
    1. What: elliptical
    2. Duration: 35 minutes
    3. Calories: 323
    4. How I felt: very good! Nice calf stretch and felt like I was making progress

Fri 5/27:
    1. What: jog/ walk on treadmill
    2. Duration: 50 minutes in mostly walking intervals
    3. Calories:266
    4. How I felt: ouch! my calves are killing me and then some. But this is very motivating!

Tomorrow after work I will be going to hit the elliptical before bed and a gently yoga dvd when I wake up....otherwise I will be too sore to move. I also see ibuprofen and tiger balm in my future. Awesome thread! Looking for friends who are motivated so if you'd like, add me. Most of my workouts will be geared towards getting back into running :)