Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm going on the Fitbit adding spree lol. I'm Heather and my user pic is a pic of my youngest DS lol

I just checked my Fitbit friends and I don't have a Heather. Did you post your email or username in the Batcave?

ETA: Ignore this...I just stopped by the Batcave and added you!

What is this batcave?

If you head on over to the groups section, we have one 'Confession is good for the soul'. Join up!

OK, I have never been the groups before, and just popped over to join up and cannot find that one and do not have a search feature, as I supposed to have a search feature there? there are 1400+ pages of groups in there.
    Sent you an invite :)

Could someone pretty please send me an invite for the group as well?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

My tri watch is a garmin. Too bulky and ugly for every day.

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.

I read good reviews on that one. Do you do tris?

One day. I mostly just run. I need some serious coaching on my swimming. LOL

My co-worker is doing 4 Iron Man Tris per year, and it's making me want to do them, too. (even though her life revolves around training).

I have done 3. My 4th is this year. I only trained for the 1st. I am notorious for doing races without training. Stupid. I have a half in 2 weeks. Haven't trained.

Sweet! Marathons are tough, the thought of swimming and biking 114.4 miles and THEN running a marathon. Wow. You rock!

You and me both. Sometimes, I do a half hearted job of training for a race (edited my verbiage for Susie). I'm not running any marathons this year just to try to get my head on straight. My intent is to do ALL the training for my next marathon and see what happens.

I keep signing up for races thinking they will motivate me to train. Yeah not so much. Then I have to go. I mean I paid for this right? And I wouldn't have won anyway. ..
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.

If I had an income (I don't work), I would have donated too! My grandma died of Alzheimer's, so the cause does hit close to home. :) I'm definitely cheering you on!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Well, I skimmed most of the pages I missed, I'm back now. Lots of work travel the past few weeks.

I'm a little freaked out this week, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. Fun prep day tomorrow.
    No, I'm not old enough for it to be needed, but there is a TON of colon cancer in my family, so I'm being safe.

I missed commenting on a ton of things, but just know that I care deeply and I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up even when I'm on the road.

I am way behind on all my checkups. I put myself on the back burner while my kid got treatment, so now I get to play catch up on all those check ups which probably needs to include a colonoscopy too. Lots of fun the rest of the year for me!

Oh yeah, fun times. Next up is a mammogram. And then, I get to start with the dentist. Ugh.

I'm behind on my dentist appointments (about a year and half since I last went). I actually don't mind going, I've never had a cavity so it's usually an OK experience, but for some reason I dread making the appointment. I think it's fear that at some point I'm likely to have a cavity and drills and needles in my mouth freak me out.

I just had my first cavity ever :( Going to have it filled on July 20th...so scared.

Bummer.... might I suggest laying off the Half Baked? :wink: *runs & hides*
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 I've heard that getting one filled isn't bad, but I totally get the nerves. Good luck!

@pofoster21 those are some awesome shoes!! I also love a platform - way easier to walk in and a whole lot more comfortable in my opinion. Your step count is even more impressive given you're racking them up in platforms!!

@Tubbs216 ((hugs)) Stay strong with your food choices, but don't feel bad if you give in a little. Also, I meant to say yesterday I'm glad V day happened smoothly. If I remember right he was really nervous about it, so I'm glad it all went well.
    Thanks for the good wishes. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hubby recovering well! I, tactlessly (and I promise accidentally, although I suspect there was something Freudian going on...) served him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. He ate a couple and then pushed the rest aside looking a little pale. Poor guy!

This was too funny.

Ha!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)

Make sure you scream HOOTIE. He looooves that. Ask me how I know. o:)>:)

:laugh: will do

Actually, DR haaates that. So unless you want the stink eye, don't do it! (DR was at a benefit and my friend got hammered and kept calling him Hootie all night, DR was not amused... but I sure as hell was!)

Why would he be angry- Hootie is AWESOME! haha What a compliment!

I guess being called Hootie for years when his name isn't Hootie, isn't really a hoot? :disappointed: lol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

No judgement, but YIKES. My wedding heels were less than half of that and I STILL nearly killed myself... I would break my neck with the first step!

Editing to add: I also hate heels. And make up. I'm probably the furthest thing from a girly-girl anyone could ever meet. Did anyone here know that? :D

I might have guessed. I am totally a girly girl and a Tom Boy. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.

Didn't bother to call the hotel to retrieve it? The same happened with my Kindle and I called them, they got it and overnighted it to me for free. La Quinta, too so def not a high end hotel.

When we were in South Korea, my husband left his wedding ring behind in a smallish, cheapish hotel in Busan. We called them up and told them what had happened and where we were going to be staying in Seoul--they overnighted it to our hotel in Seoul with no charge to us. The customer service in South Korea was AMAZING everywhere!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Didn't bother to call the hotel to retrieve it? The same happened with my Kindle and I called them, they got it and overnighted it to me for free. La Quinta, too so def not a high end hotel.
    When we were in South Korea, my husband left his wedding ring behind in a smallish, cheapish hotel in Busan. We called them up and told them what had happened and where we were going to be staying in Seoul--they overnighted it to our hotel in Seoul with no charge to us. The customer service in South Korea was AMAZING everywhere!
    I had no idea some hotels did this. I'll still do a thorough check before checking out but knowing this does give me a little ease.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I need someone to talk me out of going to Dairy Queen to use my B1G1F Blizzard!! My husband won't be home until late so if I go, I will end up eating probably 1.75 of the 2 because my son won't eat much of his. And no, I can't throw it away or save until tomorrow or any of that nonsense...
    Ahhh
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm going on the Fitbit adding spree lol. I'm Heather and my user pic is a pic of my youngest DS lol

I just checked my Fitbit friends and I don't have a Heather. Did you post your email or username in the Batcave?

ETA: Ignore this...I just stopped by the Batcave and added you!

What is this batcave?

If you head on over to the groups section, we have one 'Confession is good for the soul'. Join up!

OK, I have never been the groups before, and just popped over to join up and cannot find that one and do not have a search feature, as I supposed to have a search feature there? there are 1400+ pages of groups in there.
    Sent you an invite :)

Could someone pretty please send me an invite for the group as well?
    Will do. Give me a sec.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Ok. I ate cherry cheesecake. But I had strawberries and blackberries with it, so that's good, right?

Also, date night tonight for early anniversary dinner. I will be way over calories today. Back to it tomorrow.
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Wow - that IS a lot of stressors all happening at one time! Last year for me was very similar: our townhouse flooded and my husband and I lived in a hotel for 6 months while it was repaired. We had JUST bought the house and moved in 13 days before the flooding occurred. At the same time, I got really sick with some sort of viral lung infection and was sicker than I'd ever been for over a month. Also at the same time, his sister and nephew came to live with us. At the same time, we were going through some massive computer changes at work that were extremely complex and changed the way I do my job every day and how we interact with the customers we serve. Also, I'd been trying to get pregnant for over a year before all this happened and basically we tried all the things we could afford to try. It's unexplained fertility on my end. Sigh. So, yeah, I can definitely empathize!!! I can tell you, that things get better.

All the stress was going on before I decided I really needed to get fit. I gained about 30-40 lbs throughout the stress of last year. Finally, this year in February, I decided that I REALLY wanted to feel healthy/fit by my birthday in August. That's when I started logging on MFP again and exercising regularly. The exercise alone helped me manage my stress SO MUCH more effectively than anything else!

Hugs to you!! It would be so hard to be diligent on MFP with calories and exercise, etc. when dealing with what feels like stress in every single aspect of your life. Be kind to yourself and know that each day is a new day. I hope your husband's surgery goes well and that he feels better soon. That will help immensely!

What a lovely empathic post - I really appreciate it. I am sorry that you had so much going on, as you say, I can empathise! That sounds awful that you home flooded, and so soon after moving in. 6 months is a long time to be moved out too. Is the house better now than before with all the repairs? Getting sick is awful, especially around that time. It sounds very similar to our situation with the fertility issues too. I am really sorry you have been through that. I am glad that things get better - and agree exercise and eating well does really aid the healing. I never thought I was good at anything, and in the last few years I've taken up running, strength training and even learned to swim! All things I now know I deserve. I used to feel really bad about myself, and although I know I'll never be the best swimmer or runner or cyclist I do it and take part and that's the main thing. Exercise has given me so much more confidence, it's just hard with this other stuff it's knocking my confidence somewhat. I am doing a lot less 'grief bacon' than I used to, and the results of the exercise are starting to show. I love being strong.

I am really pleased that you are doing well with these changes to your health - and so pleased the exercise is helping with the stress. Fingers crossed for you with the fertility - it sounds like you are doing everything right so just keep on going :heart:

Aw, thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing well and YES the house is MUCH nicer now with all the repairs! We got new floors throughout, new kitchen cabinets and new counter tops. It is fabulous! So you have that to look forward to eventually! :smiley:

I'm going to be 39 years old in August, so I think I've made my peace with not being a biological mom. That's ok. I think we'll look into being foster parents for kids in need in the future, but for now, our house is full (husband's sister, her boyfriend, and her son all live with us).

How are things going for you? I hope things get better day by day!!

@coastalpath I am really glad @jthurman3 posted this as I missed it. I am sorry on the baby issue I have never had kids but really wanted them (never tried as never married as I have mentioned) but that aside we all deserve anything and everything we want. Why does anyone 'deserve' anything. Or not deserve it? We all deserve whatever we want as long as we don't hurt others or break laws. Everything else is self imposed or societal imposed and neither is acceptable. We just need to live like Susie and be good people.

I am glad that you find exercise motivating. I admit I have found so much confidence from running and doing tris. You feel incredible.

It's sad that so many of us feel unworthy when I have never experienced such care, intelligence and support as I do in this thread. I think we are all super great!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I need someone to talk me out of going to Dairy Queen to use my B1G1F Blizzard!! My husband won't be home until late so if I go, I will end up eating probably 1.75 of the 2 because my son won't eat much of his. And no, I can't throw it away or save until tomorrow or any of that nonsense...
    Ahhh
    Look up the calories and decide if it's really worth it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok. I ate cherry cheesecake. But I had strawberries and blackberries with it, so that's good, right?

Also, date night tonight for early anniversary dinner. I will be way over calories today. Back to it tomorrow.

Nice! Enjoy!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have such a hangry right now. I am struggling lol... I think it's a sign I need to up my calories a bit anyway- kind of a slower slide into maintenance, right? (lol really I just want to EATALLTHETHINGS! lol)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

It's gotta be better than NOT having strawberries & blackberries! :wink:

ETA: Enjoy your night out!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I just can't keep up. I feel left out :'( .

Way behind, but I wanted to say that I'm so relieved that I am not the only person who hates weddings. I love my friends/family and am happy for them, but my goodness most weddings are the most boring events in the world.

Just jump back in instead of catching up! Sometimes it's too much work to get caught up! This thread should be fun not work!! Glad you're back!
    I can't keep up either at the moment. I feel like I need to sit at the computer full-time to reply to everyone who deserves a reply (and everyone deserves one).

Hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, cheers for those who are having successes. Actually, hugs for everyone. Please send me one back - I'm feeling sad about all the stuff that seems to be happening in the world right now.

Also, I want to eat everything in sight. I haven't yet, but I really want to, and I still haven't been running (one week now. What is wrong with me??)

I can relate- I don't know what it is but I get in funks...that's the only way to describe it! I want to eat everything and I have no motivation to move much. I'm trying to get back into it this week but it's been hard as I've had a pounding headache the past couple days and haven't slept much. Missed you around here though @Tubbs216
    Thank you - yes, it's not depression or anything like that. Funk is a good description. Am planning a nice long walk this afternoon to blow the cobwebs away.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Lack of sleep is a horrible thing.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.

ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

No judgement, but YIKES. My wedding heels were less than half of that and I STILL nearly killed myself... I would break my neck with the first step!

Editing to add: I also hate heels. And make up. I'm probably the furthest thing from a girly-girl anyone could ever meet. Did anyone here know that? :D

I might have guessed. I am totally a girly girl and a Tom Boy. :)

I'm neither... I hate girly stuff like shopping, shoes, and make up, but I'm also not one who would like to "hang with the guys" or something like that. I would love to do stuff like horseback riding, running, climbing mountains, etc., but I think those are gender neutral things (except in Saudi Arabia. -_-)

I confess that I'm rather jealous that everyone's making plans to meet up at some future point and I'm over here with "NEVER GONNA HAPPEN" stamped all over my host country's forehead. *sigh* Although I'm such an anxious chicken that I'd probably never make it to a meet-up anyway...

Onto some positive things! My goals for today were to:
    - Do 30-60 minutes of exercise (Did sixty!)
    - Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water (Drank nearly THREE!)
    - Do the stair thing (Did TWENTY EIGHT FLIGHTS! That's counting up AND down. Up was 18!)
    - Finish the housework (Meh. Lazy won today.)
    - Steal my husband's sticky notes and post them all over the house (DONE)
    - Stay within my calories (Totally accomplished! With room to spare!)

Today was a pretty big win overall! :) In case anyone is wondering, the sticky notes say:
    - What do you want more: To eat that bread, or your HEALTH and HAPPINESS? <-- Posted in my most common secret-eating spot.
    - You can do this! <-- On the refrigerator.
    - Stairs are FUN! *drawing of stairs* <-- Next to the front door.
    - Every meal can either bring you closer to your goal or take it further away. <-- In front of my dining chair, on the wall where I can see it as I'm eating.
    - Are those extra calories worth the EXTRA GUILT? <-- On the kitchen entrance.
    - Getting closer every day! <-- On a kitchen cabinet
    - Every kilo lost brings you closer to a FITBIT! <-- In front of my scale

And, just for fun: "Your wife is SUPER GREAT! *drawing of shark*" <-- On my husband's computer screen. ;)