The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ guess I am old school but WHY??? I mean get to know they person and if you are an agrreement to continue in a different aspect then so be it..but don't start as "stupid" right from the beginning...not smart
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that issue on her thankfully. No thank you!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ guess I am old school but WHY??? I mean get to know they person and if you are an agrreement to continue in a different aspect then so be it..but don't start as "stupid" right from the beginning...not smart

Exactly. Like, do you really expect to get a positive response to that kind of message?
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    ^^^ no I don't ..just saying what I think is the way to talk to a lady.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    While we're on the topic of TERRIBLE guy communications:

https://youtu.be/ETPf6gTXkvw
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    ^^^ no I don't ..just saying what I think is the way to talk to a lady.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean YOU you, I meant "you," the guy who sent themessage. If that makes sense... I actually completely agree with your statement!

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Aw. Hope I didn't accidentally chase that guy off.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Nah, prolly either went to bed or had stuff to do same as the rest of us.
    I just finished my first rounds so I'm gonna chow down! :sunglasses:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up here, but have been so busy lately. The lab just cannot get fully staffed
  • 0torque0
    0torque0 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

maybe he left to administer a massage but not tell you about it
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    0torque0 wrote: »

:D I lol'ed at this one.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    0torque0 wrote: »

Lol!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I want to talk personal space. People who do not give other people their personal space really make my blood boil. I know I'm more sensitive than most to this, but seriously?! At the beginning of my shift, the 2nd shift girl needed help with one of the accounts. So she stands halfway in front of the computer so when I type, my wrists/hands are at a 45 degree angle in order to reach the keyboard. It would have been impossible for me stand directly in front of the computer unless we were touching shoulder to shoulder. Wtf? Fast forward to just now. A guest was having trouble getting into the room. (They left their 13 year old daughter in the room when they left at midnight and just returned at 4 a.m. -- also wtf?!) I realize the daughter has the deadbolt locked and go to get the override key. I return to the room and the man is standing DIRECTLY in front of the door. I say "Excuse me." and he doesn't even move, just turns a little. So I say "Excuse me so I can try this key." He moves like, 3 inches...so I am almost shoulder to shoulder with him when I try the door.

Seriously?! Why do people DO this stuff? Or in lines? Why must people stand so close that they are nearly up your butt??? You move ahead a little...they do too. I know I'm not the only person that this bothers. I feel like I'm being suffocated, I get shaky and my anxiety goes through the roof! I know that is an extreme reaction to this and clearly I have a really strong aversion to close proximity of others but still...not cool people. Not cool.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I want to talk personal space. People who do not give other people their personal space really make my blood boil. I know I'm more sensitive than most to this, but seriously?! At the beginning of my shift, the 2nd shift girl needed help with one of the accounts. So she stands halfway in front of the computer so when I type, my wrists/hands are at a 45 degree angle in order to reach the keyboard. It would have been impossible for me stand directly in front of the computer unless we were touching shoulder to shoulder. Wtf? Fast forward to just now. A guest was having trouble getting into the room. (They left their 13 year old daughter in the room when they left at midnight and just returned at 4 a.m. -- also wtf?!) I realize the daughter has the deadbolt locked and go to get the override key. I return to the room and the man is standing DIRECTLY in front of the door. I say "Excuse me." and he doesn't even move, just turns a little. So I say "Excuse me so I can try this key." He moves like, 3 inches...so I am almost shoulder to shoulder with him when I try the door.

Seriously?! Why do people DO this stuff? Or in lines? Why must people stand so close that they are nearly up your butt??? You move ahead a little...they do too. I know I'm not the only person that this bothers. I feel like I'm being suffocated, I get shaky and my anxiety goes through the roof! I know that is an extreme reaction to this and clearly I have a really strong aversion to close proximity of others but still...not cool people. Not cool.

no it bothers me in line when they are almost hitting me with their cart but i dont think i get extremely as upset as you do...lol
  • BodyByBex
    Options

The last time I was in line and someone was 'up my butt' I just turned and said, "Are you going to buy my lunch?" They were all confused "No..." My response: "Dinner then? Because if you're going to be up my *kitten* you could at least take me out first. Did you bring the lube? I think I might have some in the car..."

They backed up at this point and looked at me all grossed out. :naughty:
  • vanillarose77
    Options

The last time I was in line and someone was 'up my butt' I just turned and said, "Are you going to buy my lunch?" They were all confused "No..." My response: "Dinner then? Because if you're going to be up my *kitten* you could at least take me out first. Did you bring the lube? I think I might have some in the car..."

lmao i dont have the balls to get confrontational like that although that's what i'd be thinking
  • BodyByBex
    Options

lmao i dont have the balls to get confrontational like that although that's what i'd be thinking

A lot of times, when you do things like that in broad daylight (it was lunch time) and most people around you are sober, they don't quite know what the heck to do with your 'crazy @$$' and generally try to tone things down or get away from the situation as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't try *kitten* like that in a bar. Of course, in a bar, I'm usually drinking, turning into a 'love muffin' and then I'M the person who has no respect for anyone's personal space. :wink:
  • vanillarose77
    Options
    lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You were told when you checked in that breakfast starts at 6:30. Why would you feel free to GO INTO THE HOTEL KITCHEN, TURN THE LIGHTS ON, AND START HELPING YOURSELVES?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    You were told when you checked in that breakfast starts at 6:30. Why would you feel free to GO INTO THE HOTEL KITCHEN, TURN THE LIGHTS ON, AND START HELPING YOURSELVES?

WTH?! WHO DOES THAT?!