Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Verklempt! I just dropped daughter at airport. She's flying solo - with a change of planes even. She is doing well overall. Eating is MUCH better, she stops when she is full. She is not obsessing so much over her weight. I hid the scale. I got rid of her FAT mirror. It was evil, added lumps and pounds to even her slender figure. She now comes and looks in my mirror which is not a mean, lying, evil mirror. She is much happier. She is looking forward to school and to checking out colleges. She is checking out one college this week. Oh, WestcoastJo I may have to ask you in PM where you are (of course you don't have to answer). I also may forget to do it as I am leaving tonight with SO.

Do you hear that? It is getting louder. In N Out protein style no cheese or sauce is calling me!! (It is unusual that I'm called by food so I must go check it out.) :wink:

Very happy to hear your daughter is feeling better and good for you on getting rid of that evil lying mirror. Banish it to the ne'er world forever!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

For me, a big one would be either consuming too much alcohol in my presence or having way too many "funny" stories about stupid things done while drunk.

And indications of financial irresponsibility (also middle aged here). Like I dated one guy who told me he'd once had his water turned off because he hadn't been able to pay his bill.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Verklempt! I just dropped daughter at airport. She's flying solo - with a change of planes even. She is doing well overall. Eating is MUCH better, she stops when she is full. She is not obsessing so much over her weight. I hid the scale. I got rid of her FAT mirror. It was evil, added lumps and pounds to even her slender figure. She now comes and looks in my mirror which is not a mean, lying, evil mirror. She is much happier. She is looking forward to school and to checking out colleges. She is checking out one college this week. Oh, WestcoastJo I may have to ask you in PM where you are (of course you don't have to answer). I also may forget to do it as I am leaving tonight with SO.

Do you hear that? It is getting louder. In N Out protein style no cheese or sauce is calling me!! (It is unusual that I'm called by food so I must go check it out.) :wink:

I'm glad to hear that she's doing so much better now! That's wonderful news. :) I hope that whatever that is that's calling you tastes absolutely delicious! ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Wow, everyone has been busy!
    I don't have time now to comment on all the posts I would like to, but I'm feeling pretty happy and wanted you to know that today I'm NORMAL! My weight hit 149.6, which puts my BMI at 24.9 = normal range.

Also, I read about the guy who just won the hot dog eating contest. How bad do you think the water weight would be after eating 17,600 calories and 48,360mg of sodium? (Eating contests are revolting, in my opinion.)
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/04/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-matt-stonie-chestnut
    Congratulations on being normal. :p

Ugg, I just hate hot dogs.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    StacyJ8888 wrote: »
    On Sunday I had myself a little tortilla chip and spinach and artichoke dip binge(no scales, no measuring, just me on the couch going to town with a bag of chips on my lap and a container of dip in my hands old school) and woke up to a 8 pounds woosh on Monday morning and feel like it was undeserved. I had a week long stall and slight bump upon the scale right before the woosh, I should be happy that I broke the stall, but I can't enjoy it...waiting for the scale to race back up..

Confession: Totally jealous!!! I want to eat chips and spinach dip and lose weight!!! :'(

Me toooooo!!!!!

So, I think I'm going to be able to hold of going to Dairy Queen today...which is good. However, the 35ish (didn't really count) white chocolate covered animal crackers didn't exactly do me any favors. Still have 650 calories left for dinner...which is more than enough. I just hope I don't crave more sugary crap because of those stupidly delicious cookies. :(

Must. Have. Those.

(yes, I'm waaaaay back on page 1198)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I don't have time now to comment on all the posts I would like to, but I'm feeling pretty happy and wanted you to know that today I'm NORMAL! My weight hit 149.6, which puts my BMI at 24.9 = normal range.

Also, I read about the guy who just won the hot dog eating contest. How bad do you think the water weight would be after eating 17,600 calories and 48,360mg of sodium? (Eating contests are revolting, in my opinion.)
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/04/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-matt-stonie-chestnut

Awesome!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

I still need to learn how to run the one I own!!! My mother sewed a lot and I never learned from her before she passed. That is something truly missed out on.

I know the feeling. My Grandma was a seamstress extraordinaire. She had 6 grandkids and I was the only girl so I had loads of amazing handmade dresses (pity I was such a tomboy). I taught myself to sew a few years after she passed. I wish I'd started sooner when she was still around. I haven't tried clothing (although I can do basic alterations) but I'm a dab hand at patchwork and quilting. It can be done, just be prepared to think your first few projects are amazing then a couple of months later to realise they were rubbish! It's fun to learn (and to improve).

I've never been good at sewing or anything but I want to learn.

The one thing I've wanted to learn how to do lately is crotchet. I've tried watching videos and using books but I think I need someone to show me and watch to make sure I'm doing it right. I always get stuck once I start trying to do the second line. :( I know if I had someone show me, I could do it.

I can't sew on a button properly. Seriously, I've tried and they fall off. I did manage to learn how to crochet from watching YouTube videos though. Have you given those a try? I did mess up a bit at first, but I just kept making the first line (very short) and following along with the videos on my 'practice' yarn until I got the hang of it. I also found it easier to try granny squares at first.

You give me hope! :) I have tried YouTube videos but it is always the second line that messes me up. I can make a straight line but when I start on the second part, the whole thing seems to tighten up and it kind of turns into a mess. :( That is why I want someone to watch me to let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I was going to go to a class I found but I never did. I'll have to check again and see if they have any coming up. I've always wanted to be able to make those cute little stuffed animals.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

I'm sure @LBuehrle8 will back me up on this: If you ever go to Ohio you MUST go to Cedar Point https://www.cedarpoint.com/. It's consistently rated as one of the best parks and is the self-professed "Roller Coaster Capital of the World"

This was on my bucket list. I have always wanted to go there.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

King's Dominion is on my list! Cedar Point is my favorite place on the planet, so I feel like I need to branch out to the rest of their parks. Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Dorney Park are all within a 1-2 hour radius.

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

I'm sure @LBuehrle8 will back me up on this: If you ever go to Ohio you MUST go to Cedar Point https://www.cedarpoint.com/. It's consistently rated as one of the best parks and is the self-professed "Roller Coaster Capital of the World"

Cedar Point is legitimately my favorite place to be.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

For me, a big one would be either consuming too much alcohol in my presence or having way too many "funny" stories about stupid things done while drunk.

And indications of financial irresponsibility (also middle aged here). Like I dated one guy who told me he'd once had his water turned off because he hadn't been able to pay his bill.

^ this is huge for me!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

YES!!! We go every summer as we get a discount on tickets through work! Haha funny you mention Cedar Point as that's what I was thinking about reading @m1xm0d3 's posts! LOVE rollar coasters! And @m1xm0d3 when I lived in VA I went to Kings Dominion a lot! It's exactly, if not the exact exact same, as what we have in Cincinnati called King's Island! Also I've been to Busch Gardens as well, good times!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    So, we didn't get to go for our morning walk this morning because I blew out the tire on the jogging stroller again (I've worn through 7 tires in the last 1.5 years!) during yesterday's afternoon walk. We went to the bike shop and bought our new tire this morning with plans to go this afternoon but it's hot and super humid today and I don't want to go! I'm going to make myself suck it up and go once my son gets up from nap. I know I'll be melting by the time we get home but I'll be mad if we skip both walks today.

7 tires in 1.5 years that's crazy. As I have said before you really inspire me to get moving when I look at your step count!!
    Yeah, I'm always thinking.."didn't we JUST get a new one"?? Jeez! And thank you!
    So, we didn't get to go for our morning walk this morning because I blew out the tire on the jogging stroller again (I've worn through 7 tires in the last 1.5 years!) during yesterday's afternoon walk. We went to the bike shop and bought our new tire this morning with plans to go this afternoon but it's hot and super humid today and I don't want to go! I'm going to make myself suck it up and go once my son gets up from nap. I know I'll be melting by the time we get home but I'll be mad if we skip both walks today.

That stinks, but you can do it! You'll be melting but happy if you go through with it, after all. :)

I know, he just got up..we're getting ready to go now. If you guys don't hear back from me, call for back up..it's because I've melted into a puddle and can't get home.

ETA: Now the sky is all grey clouds..looking like rain/thunder coming in. Not sure if it's going to happen.

First bold: You crack me up!
    Second bold: same here with our weather- not sure about everyone else but Ohio weather has sucked lately :/
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I know, he just got up..we're getting ready to go now. If you guys don't hear back from me, call for back up..it's because I've melted into a puddle and can't get home.

Should I call and say, 'this girl I know on the internet hasn't been back to check our super great thread and I'm afraid she's melted into a puddle...and she might have a broken wheel on her jogging stroller...and the stroller will have a totally cute little boy in it...and her name is Kelly...which she spells wrong...and she lives in Maine'? ;)

And BTW, you're my hero! I don't know how you get up so darn early to run and then go for two walks! I'll never achieve your steps, but I'm aspiring to be more like you!

Hahaha police would think you were bonkers!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

MMM yes big red flag, really?! I'm not the best with money but I'm learning and trying and in the 11 years I've lived out of the house I've never had any utilities shut off...or even paid late for that matter- my credit is spectacular! My debt on the other hand :# I'm working on it!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

glad things are getting better for her!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug If you can find a local Yarn Shop, there are sometimes informal gatherings of people knitting or crocheting just to be social. There is always someone willing to watch/ give pointers. (My local shop has "Knit Night every Thursday night, just for people to gather and visit while knitting or crocheting.) If you lived closer, I'd teach you how to crochet. I've been crocheting most of my life!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Yay!!! congrats :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Should I call and say, 'this girl I know on the internet hasn't been back to check our super great thread and I'm afraid she's melted into a puddle...and she might have a broken wheel on her jogging stroller...and the stroller will have a totally cute little boy in it...and her name is Kelly...which she spells wrong...and she lives in Maine'? ;)

And BTW, you're my hero! I don't know how you get up so darn early to run and then go for two walks! I'll never achieve your steps, but I'm aspiring to be more like you!

Hahaha, too funny! No need! We went and it didn't rain and while I didn't melt, I am SWEATING!!! Holy hot tamales!

And thanks...that's super nice of you to say. BUT never say never! ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.