20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Cristina-You look great, you can tell you have lost weight. Dont worry about being up you will lose it, you have lost consistently since joining us. Janice
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah, that's the problem. This is my first time gaining. I'm just disappointed but tomorrow will be a better day though...
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    We have a membership thru our insurance The Silver Sneakers , But I am not up to it now. my mother and I used to goes all the time for water aerobics. She love the water. then my friends and I went for the senior exercise Now we are all too old To get around have fun I envy you all. But proud of you all

Had to cancel my Appt. to pick up my hearing aids the car battery was dead and Jerry is working on it now. So my next appt. is August 13th A very busy Place.

Connie I will buy Quaker oats That all I used to buy. But decided to pick the store brand Cheaper you know. Thought it would just be like Quaker On my vegan plan eggs is off But Thiking about adding it back on I notice some people do I have some Cashew Milk and would like to make tapioca pudding for it is Gluten free.

This is a busy hang out today.

marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Christina.............you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!

Esther
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Good morning! Well, today I am a little sore and I'm so pleased about that! Haven't been sore from exercising in 1.5 years (don't judge! LOL). My first day on Tuesday we did legs. Not sore yesterday am. However, last night I did chest and HIIT on the bike and whoa I am feeling that. My legs were really achy painful (not muscle soreness) at the ankle and behind the knee last night and I needed some NSAIDs. I told the trainers that although I haven't officially exercised in a while, I am very active gardening, moving large stones for the pond, raking stones, etc. I think they may have interpreted that as let's start at a more advanced level. I should have kept my mouth shut! LOL Plus, they saw I had excellent form and thought it meant I was more advanced than I am.

For the chest press, he started at 45 lb for the first set, then went to 65 lb! OUCH! I asked to go back down a bit as I felt it would lead to a shoulder ligament tear with my muscle strength not being at a good level for that kind of weight yet. For the bike, I had to do 10 minutes of 20 seconds at greater than 110 RPM and then 40 seconds at 60 RPM . At first the seat wasn't far enough forward and I felt my legs hyperextending a bit. I think that's what led to the behind the knee pain. He adjusted the seat after the first 4 of 10 rounds and it was much better and I was able to peddle much faster in the high intensity portions.

I met my metabolic coach Joi. She is really nice and super excited and supportive to see me succeed. I suppose it's very rewarding for them to help a fluffy person become less fluffy. :-P I told her how stuffed I felt eating so much food and that I was really scared it will lead to a big gain in a week. She said not to worry and that it won't. She said fueling my BMR and TDEE will heal the metabolism and allow my body to finally let go of the excess fat. As a nurse, I "know" this, but as a lifelong yo-yo dieter it's REALLY hard to wrap my head around for ME.

Right now, I have two full days of meals. I think I'll call Joi today and add another day. I will do that again over the next few days until I have 7 full days of meals for variety. My husband would lose his mind if he had to eat the same protein every other day. We really like eating the same things at dinner.

My breakfast had over 42 grams of protein in two pieces of P28 toast and 1 TBS of P28 peanut butter! The bread had great flavor, but the ultra chewy texture at the end of chewing will take a little getting used to.

I am off today, so I plan to try the yoga DVDs I bought a while ago to see which my hubby would like to do with me in the evenings I am not with the trainer. It's going to be another hot humid day here in MD.

Stay cool and enjoy your Thursday!

Becky

Oh Becky, I'm cheering you on. Nicely done! Rather awesome, really. :D

Rosie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    That's good cristina They are not too big. Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures with us You are looking great

Marie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Stephanie-I changed my macros again today I back down on fat to 35%, carbs to 35% and protein 30%. I will try for a few days and see. Thats will be nice to seeyour kids at camp soon, I know you miss them and I'm sure they miss you, even though their having fun.

Becky-I'm glad you feel like you are working hard exercising and handling it. I'm sure it will get easier as you get stronger. I think you will get good results, working with the trainers and nutritionalist. I'm excited for you.

Connie-I dont fry either, when I was in my teens I tried to fry some mush, and I burnt myself, bad enough to wear I dont want to fry things, plus I cant handle the grease, real well. Luckily the fish wasn't greasy. He might fry something 2or 3 times a year, usually we grill or bake or I pan fry with alittle olive oil. Next time I buy fish I will bake it, I am kind of picky about fish, I like cod mainly. I dont like catfish its too fishy tasting and other fish like that. My daughter Sarah loves catfish.

Nancy-Dont get down to bad about being up, I know easy for me to say, I probably would be too, but it really will be okay, the new challenge started and everyone is switching things up. I am sure you will finds what works for you. I wish I was in my 140's like you and Stephanie. You will lose it again.

Maria-I am going to have to pull out my oatmeal, I havent ate any in awhile, I always buy Quaker, too. I have never tried a water aerobics class, I checked into it before, just havent went. We have a YMCA up the street, that does classes. I love the water, too, like your mother.

I need to get ready and go to the nursing home to see my sister, Linda. She is getting stronger and eating better. She said she loves it there, the people are very nice, so I am happy with fighting for her to get to go there. Talk to you all later. Janice
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Rosie, Connie, Steph and the rest... thank you for your positivity being sent my way! I send it right back at each of you! <3

Cristina, you look fabulous! Remember all you've accomplished and I'm sure with all this heat that you gained some water weight in those 8 lbs!

Connie, the name of the gym is CNU (seeing you) Fit in Dover DE. I have a fellow nursing instructor whose husband lives in the Poconos (they see each other on weekends) and he started the program and metabolic coaching long distance. I know men tend to lose faster, but he has lost a lot of weight and gone down a few pant sizes in just a few weeks!

I really wonder what weigh in will hold on Tuesday... I just had the most "non diet" lunch ever! I took the 13 Tostito scoops and put them on a plate. I then shredded my 3 oz of chicken over the chips. Then I grated the 1 oz of cheese on top with a light sprinkling of dry taco seasoning just for a hint of taco taste. I microwaved it for 1 min and then topped with the Cholula hot sauce. Talk about delicious and satisfying and healthy! All this on my meal plan. It's crazy.

Becky
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Cristina, You are looking great!!!
    Becky, Your lunch sounds yummy.
    I am a bit confused about BMR/TDEE???
    I checked it on different sites an it ranges from 1068-1215 BMR and 1655-1883 TDEE.
    Don't get the different ranges. So how many calories should I go for to lose???
    Thanks for help.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Rosie, Connie, Steph and the rest... thank you for your positivity being sent my way! I send it right back at each of you! <3

Cristina, you look fabulous! Remember all you've accomplished and I'm sure with all this heat that you gained some water weight in those 8 lbs!

Connie, the name of the gym is CNU (seeing you) Fit in Dover DE. I have a fellow nursing instructor whose husband lives in the Poconos (they see each other on weekends) and he started the program and metabolic coaching long distance. I know men tend to lose faster, but he has lost a lot of weight and gone down a few pant sizes in just a few weeks!

I really wonder what weigh in will hold on Tuesday... I just had the most "non diet" lunch ever! I took the 13 Tostito scoops and put them on a plate. I then shredded my 3 oz of chicken over the chips. Then I grated the 1 oz of cheese on top with a light sprinkling of dry taco seasoning just for a hint of taco taste. I microwaved it for 1 min and then topped with the Cholula hot sauce. Talk about delicious and satisfying and healthy! All this on my meal plan. It's crazy.

Becky
    Becky I could have that on my plan . I would have to sub black beans for the chicken tho. nd leave off the cheese but add some avocado to it. That is what I am doing to stay on my plan if I run across a food I can't have I look for a sub that I canhave working out pretty well. for me.
    marie

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cristina, You are looking great!!!
    Becky, Your lunch sounds yummy.
    I am a bit confused about BMR/TDEE???
    I checked it on different sites an it ranges from 1068-1215 BMR and 1655-1883 TDEE.
    Don't get the different ranges. So how many calories should I go for to lose???
    Thanks for help.
    Nancy

Hi, Nancy! The BMR is what you'd burn in calories if you were in a coma lying in bed doing nothing. Your TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure (including exercise). The theory in eating your full TDEE is that you are giving your body exactly what it needs to function at it's peak performance. Because of this, it no longer is conditioned to maintain the fat stores and it allows the body to finally release the excess fat. The body holds on to fat when we eat beyond our TDEE AND when we eat below our TDEE. We've all been trained (myself included) that if we slash calories we will have to lose. In fact, our body thinks it is in a famine and packs away all it can as fat stores for a continued famine (which we keep it in with calorie restriction). It never gets enough to do what it needs to do, so it has to slow energy production and expenditure. Thereby leaving us working out and feeling exhausted all while not really losing fat, but lean muscle mass.

I'm still trying to wrap my own head around what is anatomically correct after all my years of being brainwashed about simply starve and you'll look and feel great...

Becky

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nancy..I just sent you a message.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What I've done is determine my BMR to be 1529, so my TDEE is about 1832 for light exercise and that would allow me to maintain.

To lose I take about 500 off the TDEE so I can lose (1232) I can then eat whatever my exercise calories are.

That's why I'm eating 1200ish and when I do my exercise I get to eat it. Whenever I can get my exercise commitment up to more than very light, I can have more calories for fueling.

I really want to get my lifestyle up to requiring 2000 calories a day because I work out so much, and do so happily and willingly. :)
  • lovesretirement
    edited July 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »

I really wonder what weigh in will hold on Tuesday... I just had the most "non diet" lunch ever! I took the 13 Tostito scoops and put them on a plate. I then shredded my 3 oz of chicken over the chips. Then I grated the 1 oz of cheese on top with a light sprinkling of dry taco seasoning just for a hint of taco taste. I microwaved it for 1 min and then topped with the Cholula hot sauce. Talk about delicious and satisfying and healthy! All this on my meal plan. It's crazy!

Yum!! The drawback form me is having the BAG of Toststitos in the house...no self control. Would not be satisfied until they were all gone.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    I read "Salt, Sugar, Fat----how the food giants hooked us" and learned so much about why processed foods and fast foods made me hungrier instead of satisfying my hunger. While it is true that you can lose weight if you consume fewer calories than you burn, there are a lot of things that you can eat that don't nourish your body or satisfy your hunger.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some of my earliest changes were dropping soda, choosing leaner foods, cooking lighter, choosing raw and fresh more often. These have all really helped me transition to a better diet. I still deal with cravings for salt, sugars and fats and I give in to smaller versions of those things, but they really do trigger a desire for even more salt, sugar or fat!

I also learned that some chains of fat are necessary, so I keep that in my diet, sodium is everywhere when I don't cook fresh. I am grateful my body accepts Splenda (not all can) but I find I use less and less of that anyway.

I also learned that after the body gets used to not having so much salt, sugar and fat it starts to taste flavor in other foods better. Originally I didn't like many things, unless they were coated in salt or butter or cheese. Loaded baked potatoes are no longer a craving. I can enjoy the actual potato now, a little butter or salt, but sometimes I just want some chives.

I very rarely sprinkle any salt on things, if I do it's very light. It's amazing how much bulk food you can eat when it's all greens and veggies. I went through a period in a previous weight losing journey where I could not get to 1200 calories because I was too full of greens and was refusing to eat anything but lemon juice on them. That was before I knew that oil helps your body break down the nutrients and if I wanted to continue on permanently I wasn't going to be able to stay that limited and strict.

It was a crash and burn lesson for sure!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Becky, Thank you.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning misfit losers! Happy Friday!

B) We had a busy day of posting here yesterday...guess you could say we had "the gift of gab" huh? This is a good thing for me because it means I don't have to fight this fight alone. I so appreciate having you guys to help me along the way.

B) Another 100+ degree day here. The dog has been walked, and I'm on my way to the gym for personal training and a 30 minute power walk around the indoor track. The pool will open again next Friday.

B) Have a wonderful, productive, and mindful day, losers!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone,

off to the trainer today!!
    becky, can't wait to see your results!! I know they will be positive. when I first upped my calories and started eating more, I lost 3 lbs that week:) counterintuitive but it worked!

connie, hope you stay cool!

Janice, so glad to hear your sister is peaceful

marie, I love oatmeal!! good luck with your hearing aids. august 13th is my daughters birthday.

nancy, ester and Christina, hi!!! Christina you look great and nancy don't sweat it!!
    gotta run, will check in later!!

Stephanie