Stuff Fat People Do

Options

Replies

• megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    1) put my bra on backwards and twist, because I couldn't get my (t-rex length) arms around the back to hook it

I *thought* I did this because I just wasn't coordinated enough to get the hooks and the eyes to meet up.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

THIS... but I would mist them down with water first to help them loosen up more quickly. Those squats and lunges were probably the only exercise I ever got! :laugh:
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1) put my bra on backwards and twist, because I couldn't get my (t-rex length) arms around the back to hook it

I *thought* I did this because I just wasn't coordinated enough to get the hooks and the eyes to meet up.

I didn't know other girls could put on bras WITHOUT doing that until I was 25...:blushing:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about the jeans stretches. Now I'm wondering if we should log those as exercise, then eat the calories back? LOl
    ROFLMAO @ suzooz
    (and yes, I'm logging THAT in too!) hahahahahaha
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't like the way I look in tight clothes, so I buy a size too big. Then, I gain weight until they fit, then get the next size up once they start getting too tight. Now that I've started losing weight, I still get to wear loose clothes. That's fine for the tops, but my pants have started to fall down! My partner is a size smaller and has also been losing weight, so I have gotten a couple "new" pairs of pants. They started out snug a couple of weeks ago and now fit fine. I have to wear a belt with my old ones now.

Also, I wear shorts with my bathing suit to cover my fat thighs.

I avoid getting my picture taken (come to think of it, I did that when I was skinny too, but then I thought I was fat).
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to hijack, but I know that monistat chafing gel is amazing for any chafe issues. It nay be hard to find but you can buy it off amazon! Just search for it there. I bought it for 2 reasons. The main one was, and get this.... Makeup artists rave about it being the best makeup primer you can buy! So I use it on my face! I also use it for areas where I might rub against clothing when running. A heavier friend of mine uses it to prevent chafe and loves it, and all the amazon reviews are written by heavier people who all rave about how amazing it is. Plus, its inexpensive! Especially as a makeup primer!!
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    Got a good laugh out of "chub rub" I was just telling my husband how I can't wait until the day my thighs don't rub together anymore :blushing:

Ooooh me too. Except I can't even imagine this, not really. I have no recollection, zero, of my thighs not rubbing together. I remember refusing to wear corduroys when I was eight or nine because the thighs rubbed and it made a sound. If it ever happens to me, it will be a completely new experience! I'll wear skirts and corduroys all the time! ;)

I hate to break this to you, but I'm a size 4-6, and my thighs still rub together! I'm ok with that, but for some people who have a little extra in the kegs, it may never go away.

I relate to many of these tricks. I was around 200 lbs in college, plus was a EEE/FF in bra size. So I was always stretching things out. I had a breast reduction, and then lost all the weight after that. After I had my son I wasn't that heavy, but. Had such a muffin top tha everything spilled over and under... I did the 2 shirt trick as well!
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    One more thing..... You guys have heard of spanx, right? They suck everything in with no burbled bulging anywhere! Lane Bryant sells them in larger sizes.... But they are available for women of all sizes who want a seamless look!
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

I do this one. It's more because of my big butt... I wouldn't consider myself "fat". Also I am refusing to buy bigger pants since I've gained a bit of weight. ( i only have 20lbs to lose)
    So I'm hoping they'll fit perfectly soon or be too loose! I'll only buy smaller pants :P
  • lipglossjunky73
    Options
    Omg..... You guys are so awesome. This needs to be a book! I wish I had known other people were going through all of this when I was heavy. It was a very sad and lonely time for me.

My overweight stepmother loved telling me how heavy I was. She found every opportunity to make me feel like sh it about my body, even though she was much heavier than I was.

No one in my family ever did anything to support me in weight loss. Only humiliate and control. My mother was also the same way. She would pinch my belly when I was 9 because I had a little roll of baby fat.

I battled eating disorders and compulsive overeating for most of my life. It is an awful battle. I remember those binges with so much sadness, and I remember the pains in my stomach from eating 3 days worth if food in 30 minutes. Ad then hiding it and going out to dinner with my family when I was so stuffed I wanted to vomit.

Here's the kicker. They never acknowledge my body now, even though I lost all the weight. I ran a half marathon, and did not receive one congratulations from anyone in my family. It's like my weight loss and fitness level is a giant eff you to them, and a giant reflection of how unhealthy they are, and how little they are doing to change their own lifestyles. I think they thought they could control me b making me so dependent on their praise, and it backfired and they have no way to control me now.

Now, I raise my son with no food issues. He is allowed to eat or not eat if he isnt hungry. I am changing this family tradition.

My point is.... For those who felt or feel unsupported, remember that you may never get that support no matter what you do.... This is especially to the guy who was angry about his family not helping him. Does it matter? YOU are the one that is helping you now, and it will be more meaningful that you did it despite their lack of help. If you look for validation, praise, support, or anything else, it will take you away from the fact you are doing this for you. Support is just the icing on the cake (no pun intend!). If ou don't get it, eff them. Support yourself!
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    What about buying a bunch of whatever you are craving at the moment.......eat it all in the car.......find a garbage can to throw away the garbage so nobody knows what you did???? Now, I know I am not the only one who has done this! :frown:

I did this with McDonalds cheese burgers. I'd always pick up a few after work and then get rid of the evidence!
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    Options
    i haven't done the shirt stretch but when i put my jeans on..i find myself jumping in the air trying to get them on and have to wait for about half an hour until they feel comfy! i also wear a tunic in work that is unstretchable..as all my weight has gone to my stomach i find it likes to ride up when i sit down..so when i have my dinner in work with the other girls..i must look ridiculous because i sit there tugging at my tunic trying to pull it down..not very comfy at all!

i also have the excuse..im going to sit in my car and eat my dinner because the staff room is too packed...where the real reason is..i wont have to sit there tugging at my uniform and i can also eat as much junk as i like without people judging me! well no more!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What about buying a bunch of whatever you are craving at the moment.......eat it all in the car.......find a garbage can to throw away the garbage so nobody knows what you did???? Now, I know I am not the only one who has done this! :frown:

I did this with McDonalds cheese burgers. I'd always pick up a few after work and then get rid of the evidence!

It feels so good to know I'm not the only one!!
    (I used to pretend to be talking on the phone to someone asking them what they wanted so the drive thru attendant would think I was buying it for other people too...just so they wouldn't judge)
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just made a new post about a technique I call the "knee stretch" which I use to stretch my shirts out if they are feeling snug.
    Read it here: http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/stuff-fat-people-do-the-knee-stretch/

I plan to have a post a week about things that big people do that normal weight people probably don't do.

Anyone want to give up some of their secrets? Anyone have humorous things that will make us all say, "Haha! Oh yeah, I do that too!" ?
    Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I do the knee thing with the shirts too(works better when they are damp) and I am underweight! lol
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    lie down to zip up the jeans and fight with them for a bit

yip im in tune with this one lol
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just made a new post about a technique I call the "knee stretch" which I use to stretch my shirts out if they are feeling snug.
    Read it here: http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/stuff-fat-people-do-the-knee-stretch/

I plan to have a post a week about things that big people do that normal weight people probably don't do.

Anyone want to give up some of their secrets? Anyone have humorous things that will make us all say, "Haha! Oh yeah, I do that too!" ?

just read your blog entry. to prevent the "knee wrinkle" i put my arms into the shirt (but not into the arm holes) and then stretch the shirt sideways. i finish putting the shirt on and if it still needs a little more, i slide my hands up inside the shirt (like i'm feeling myself up), to my shoulders and then extend my arms away from my body while moving them down towards the hem (always exerting even pressure to keep the "wrinkles" at bay). i don't have any armpit issues with doing it this way. if you're the one doing laundry, it also helps to stretch garments when they come out of the washer, but before they go into the dryer. i often do that when shirts have shrunk from neck to hem.

LMAO! I do this all the time!
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Omg..... You guys are so awesome. This needs to be a book! I wish I had known other people were going through all of this when I was heavy. It was a very sad and lonely time for me.

My overweight stepmother loved telling me how heavy I was. She found every opportunity to make me feel like sh it about my body, even though she was much heavier than I was.

No one in my family ever did anything to support me in weight loss. Only humiliate and control. My mother was also the same way. She would pinch my belly when I was 9 because I had a little roll of baby fat.

I battled eating disorders and compulsive overeating for most of my life. It is an awful battle. I remember those binges with so much sadness, and I remember the pains in my stomach from eating 3 days worth if food in 30 minutes. Ad then hiding it and going out to dinner with my family when I was so stuffed I wanted to vomit.

Here's the kicker. They never acknowledge my body now, even though I lost all the weight. I ran a half marathon, and did not receive one congratulations from anyone in my family. It's like my weight loss and fitness level is a giant eff you to them, and a giant reflection of how unhealthy they are, and how little they are doing to change their own lifestyles. I think they thought they could control me b making me so dependent on their praise, and it backfired and they have no way to control me now.

Now, I raise my son with no food issues. He is allowed to eat or not eat if he isnt hungry. I am changing this family tradition.

My point is.... For those who felt or feel unsupported, remember that you may never get that support no matter what you do.... This is especially to the guy who was angry about his family not helping him. Does it matter? YOU are the one that is helping you now, and it will be more meaningful that you did it despite their lack of help. If you look for validation, praise, support, or anything else, it will take you away from the fact you are doing this for you. Support is just the icing on the cake (no pun intend!). If ou don't get it, eff them. Support yourself!

The middle of this brought a tear to my eye. I used to binge like that too when I was younger, be so stuffed I could barely breathe, and be so uncmfortable... then I found out how to make myself throw up, thank god I found it unpleasant enough that I had a difficult time keeping it up. I hope when I have children, I never allow them to feel shame about eating or their body, etc. That was such a sad time in my life, thinking back on it makes my heart hurt :(
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i always put my arms across my stomach when i sat down to cover the rolls.

many a good pair of jeans have been chucked in the bin before their time because the inner thigh area was rubbed so much the material fell apart.

i always, and still would, hide behind others in photographs.

i used to buy these stretchy lycra undies that would pull up and reduce the size of my love handles a little bit. i done that up until christmas maybe just past, then i decided to not do it anymore for 1) seeing them in the mirror is more incentive to LOSE them and 2) i had a bunch of pretty and colourful undies i never wore :( i do now though :)

i constantly stretched my tshirt down. my mum would always notice and tell me to stop ruining the material of my tops. it was habit!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Taking the size labels out of your clothing, so you don't see how big you are getting.

Karen
  • FatNCute
    Options
    I came across this forum via Google somehow. Im a big girl, 330/5'10 and Im not looking to lose weight. I love it too much. I like eating what I want,in moderation. I dont count calories. I dont eat junkfood...I cook everything from scratch. Im constantly on me feet as I am a security guard and always walking around. I have never been embarassed for not fitting into booth seats,never had skin problems,and I actually love my body. I am not in denial either. I dont need to be 130lbd to be beautiful. Sex at this size is VERY enjoyable and I couldnt imagin being skinny. I feel for you all,but I just dont really mind being fat. I wear what I want,hVe a cute wardrobe and am confident in all that i do. I am not embarassed for being fat! That is all!