WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Boy howdy - did I ever blow my diet today. Over by several hundred calories; but, had a hankering for pizza! But, before we left to check on DH's brother - we were in the pool walking for 2 hours straight. I feel stuffed; but, maybe if I am able to continue keeping my caloric intake down for the next week I won't have gained any. For sure, I plan on being in the pool walking every day until weigh-in day. Can't do it tomorrow got to go to MD out of town.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Got my hot tub drained, cleaned and refilled. Now for it to warm up enough to use! I keep it very hot for my arthritis, but I work out in it doing half swims (kicking legs, arm strokes) and other movements for my PT. Haven't been in it for almost 6 weeks and can really feel the difference. I also replaced the screen on one of the windows on my back porch. One of my indoor/ outdoor kitties got impatient to be let out one night and ripped a huge hole in it! I had to repair it before the indoor only cats got out- they don't know how to keep safe like the three strays I brought in that go in and out since they won't stay just in. I would have done more but it was just too darn muggy and hot!
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Renny, Thanks for the ideas!! I was also thinking when I was eating out that most places have some sort of salad. Even if I eat something off my diet...I can always try to just eat less. I need to go buy some snacks for the train ride. Traveling is fun, but not great when trying to watch!!
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Monday here and just reported to Tom Venuto. Have lost a kilo this week
    The smoothies are from Joe Cross's books. I have breakfast, then smoothies for snacks and lunch, then dinner. Joe's book on smoothies say what each one is good for I usually choose for High cholesterol, arthritis and skin
    Tomorrow is shopping day so smoothie for breakfast and snacks
    Did Wii Gold's boxing before breakfast, JJ
    JJ's Cardio kick-boxing and BH's Ripped core soon
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Lestan48 wrote: »
    Lesley in Tasmania

You lost a kilo?? That is awesome, Leslie.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Back from a wonderful day at the beach. Packed bing cherries, almonds and portions of cheese for my friend and I. It was 87F at the beach and the water was cold but refreshing. Got there at 10:30am and left at 4 and had dinner at a local micro brewery. I'm not a beer drinker but shared a beer flight (6 4oz samples) which I enjoyed on the restaurant deck overlooking the harbor while eating baked haddock. Logged everything in when I got home and under my calorie count for the day. I'm going to take Jake the rescue dog out for an evening stroll when it cools down a bit so I can reach my 11,000 strip goal for the day, I did take him out before the beach and walked with him to the track and then RAN 3 times around the track! Perfect day!

Yesterday I went to the home of some friends I hadn't seen in about 5 years. A mutual friend of ours set it up and I had the best time. My friend told them I have been successfully losing weight and they planned the menu with that in mind. They roasted a marinated pork loin on the grill, sautéed broccoli rabe In garlic and made Mediterranean salad. The chocolate peanut butter desert wasn't on point but well worth the indulgence. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness. I was in New Hampshire so close to you Penny at the Pole.

I had such a wonderful summer weekend and I am so grateful.
    Chris in MA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Renny good to see you back!

Heather I think that is A Very Nice Man is a good title. I also like A Very Nice Man in Wolves Clothing because the fact predators often put on a false front to hide their true nature. When they are exposed we see the monster that is created because of their own lack of respect for boundaries. I am so proud of you for rebuilding your boundaries in healthy ways. I have your book Windows. I think I am ready to read it now as I face my own struggles to establish healthy boundaries. The reasons I have boundary issues are different than yours. I have them non the less. There is a saying when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Lisa what a beautiful place to live. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for all your support. When I have more details about our son's situation I will share. Right now thank you for keeping him in your prayers.

We are hot and sticky today and storms are supposed to be coming.

To cool off today I did have the rest of that carrot cake like refrigerator oatmeal (recipe page 31) for breakfast and yesterday I found a sun tea glass jar at a garage sale. I made some today with 4 regular bags and one bag of chai spice to one-half gallon of water placed in sun for 2-3 hours. It turned out great and very refreshing. I like my tea with any sweeteners so that helps with the calorie count. I hadn't made sun tea in years.

:heart: MNMargaret

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,782 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well uneventful afternoon..did go to my friend Bev's house and we had a good time for an hour and a half and i got to know a little more about my Ipad..
    Tom is off today.. do men get menopause? he is very standoffish and not really talking to me.. at least he isn't yelling.but didnt say boo to me today..
    I went to bed and was sleeping at 5:30 this evening then woke up and can't sleep. so will do some word search and go back to sleep...
    Hopefullyhe gets over his snit
  • RebelRenny
    Options
    Renny good to see you back!
    Thank you for all your support. When I have more details about our son's situation I will share. Right now thank you for keeping him in your prayers.
    :heart: MNMargaret

I am already with you in my heart, Margaret.
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    tuliplor wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all your ideas and encouragement!! I get new ideas and strength from each one of you. When I start to get a little cranky about dieting, I log on and start reading!! AND.....it HELPS!! You all take the time to give a little idea or word of wisdom!! Seriously, THANK YOU!!!
    The rain has been very depressing! We haven't been able to do a lot of outside activity.
    Tomorrow my mom and I are going to Philadelphia to see our cousin for 3 nights. It will take all day to get there. We are going up on Amtrak...which I have never traveled that way before. We usually fly or drive. So, it will be a new experience. I told my mom I wanted to go to the grocery store when we get there. I don't want to be rude, but I have to have some healthy snacks and a few things to eat. Since I just started, I don't want to just blow it!! I was thinking...some Laughing cow cheese, nuts, maybe some grapes. I have been eating very low carb. Do you all have any ideas? I don't want to go all out, but since I know I won't be sticking to it seriously I want to have some good food to eat. Help me think of some easy travel food please!! :smile:

Plain Greek Yogart is wonderful for breakfast and sliced turkey roll up with lettuce and roasted red pepper humus. Yum B)

Rosie in So Cal
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Trying to get in as many steps as I can even if they aren't the full 10,000. Every little bit counts. We are at my sisters and I need motivation to keep up my fitness goals.

:) Jeri, I read this thread every day even if I don't have the time or brainpower to respond....I need to read reports from women who are seeking opportunities to be active especially when I am in the company of people who are content to sit all day.

:) tuliplor, I hate eating in restaurants but when I have to, I read the whole menu and see what foods they have as part of their regular menu items and then ask for exactly what I want so I can leave off sauces, bread, pasta, rice , dressing and anything else I don't want. In many places it is easy to order a broiled chicken breast with a side of steamed veggies (no sauce or butter) and a side of sliced tomatoes. In Asian restaurants I tell them to leave off the rice. In Mexican restaurant I order ala carte so I don't have rice and beans and ask for a side of pico de gallo so there will be some extra vegetables. Take baby steps and you'll learn something new at every meal. And don't let anybody bully you into eating food you don't want.

<3 Barbie
  • italy10548
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Boy! I am glad I am inside working today. It is to be up to 100 outside. Yesterday we had our family picnic and it was not that bad. My mom was there and doing pretty good. I did real well with eating and got lots of steps in. Friday when I got off work I went over and sit with my friend Lee. She is having such a hard time adjusting with her DH gone. This morning she called and is going to come have lunch with me today.

Mary--Sorry to hear about the issues with the closing on your house. Pray it all works out soon.

Lesley--Sending prayers and hugs for you and DD. One Day at a Time.

Welcome Paula--come often and get to know us and us to know you. This is a great place for support and friendship.

Sylvia--You go girl!!! It is terrible what some people will post and not a thing we can do about it. DH's daugther put on FB a couple years ago her dad was in an abusive marriage and beaten regular. DH saw it and set the record straight. But anyone can post what they want. Like DH told me those who know you know the truth. The rest will believe whatever they want. Your walk this morning sounds like a nice way to start the day.

DeeDee--things at work are terrible. Each day I am surprised at how much stuff the new supervisor can mess up. She spends hours dinky around and in the end getting nothing done and she is upsetting most the staff. I just pray everyday to make it though and to keep my mouth shut. I did blow up on Wednesday as she was going to leave the newest girl a lone for a 12 hour shift. Not safe. I also count my lucky days I do not have to work with her so see her. Thanks for asking.

On the subject of fingerprinting chlldren. When my two oldest boys were in grade school I had them fingerprinted and the only copy was given to me. I still have them in our lock box. With all that happens now day I do think it is a good idea.

katiebug--Looks like you are losing a lot of skin, does it hurt? Foot is looking good.

Lisa--Beautiful and thank you so much for sharing.

I just really feel off today. Lee came and had lunch with me. Today is a good day for her and I am so glad. I am going to go with her to a Bible study class on Tuesday morning. I have the day off so will go and hope that if she feels comfortable she will be able to go. I just chewed DH out and know I was being somewhat mean. It just that I have been working so many hours and days and my days off I have to clean and do errands. His day off he takes off with several friends from our CMA group and ride motorcycles. This morning they went to church in Central City about 30 miles from here, then went riding. Not sure why it made me so mad today. So think when I get off in a little over an hour I am going to go home and just go to bed. I work 6-5:30 again tomorrow. Thanks for letting me whine. Love you ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE

We all have days like this! It happens to me when I'm oh so tired and my DH and 3 D kids are staring at me with that what's for dinner look. Ug :disappointed: Hang in there, sleep and be kind to yourself. You are awesome! I think we forget how much we do every day and never give ourselves a day off. I like to wander art museums - what would you like to do if you had the freedom to just go do it?

Rosie

• italy10548
    Options
    Umm What time is dinner??? :)

Janet - I'm in CA so dinner is in a half hour or 6:30 PST. Lol

Rosie
  • italy10548
    Options
    Pip- are you home yet?

Rosie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    smiley-sleep012.gif Vicki, when I have an off day and things are making me mad and I don't know why, it is frequently because I am tired and going to bed turns me into a new woman.

<3 Barbie
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »

Rosie

Oops, think I missed it. :(
  • RebelRenny
    edited July 2015
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    italy10548 wrote: »

Rosie

Oops, think I missed it. :(

Can I *like a post? Such as when dinner is in CA? I am in the same time zone
  • italy10548
    Options
    RebelRenny wrote: »
    Lestan48 wrote: »
    Lesley in Tasmania

You lost a kilo?? That is awesome, Leslie.

Well done Leslie <3 Prayers for your daughters health and well being.

Rosie
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    We just got home. All is well. Tomorrow it's back to the circus.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Dee, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. You let us know when you need a swift kick to get you back on track and we’re here for you. Come often, log every bite honestly and exercise and you will be there before you know it.

Sylvia, so glad you found that trail. It sounds like a great start to your day. Hope you have safe travels.

Heather, glad your writing is coming along. I think it’s great to dream about things we want to do and places we want to go.

Aleta, welcome. Sorry it took you so long to get back on the wagon but glad you did. This thing works so hang in there. Were you on this forum before? It is such a great place for support. Come often.

Lisa, I really enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Becca, great pictures. Are the ones of son and you and DH a recent pic? Do you know how to swing dance? I’ll bet that was fun.

Rosie, good for you on all that walking. Glad you have new found energy.

Vicki, my heart goes out to Lee. She is lucky to have you as a friend. You know you can whine to us any time you want or need to. I remember working long hours and then facing home making and how exhausting it was. I feel for you and all the others that have to do both. Luckily for me, DH retired a few years before I did and he took over most of the household chores and shopping. What’s really nice is he still does a lot of it.

Renny, it sounds like a nice walk down memory lane. I hate that we basically stopped taking pictures when our DD was in high school. About all we have from the last 25 years is pictures of pets.

Chris, so glad you had a wonderful weekend!! And yes that was great that your friends considered you when planning the menu.

NMMargaret, glad you enjoyed the sun tea. I haven’t made it in years, either. You and your son are in my prayers. Hang in there. (((Hugs)))

Allison, if Tom isn’t talking to you, is that all bad? Glad you had a good time with Bev. Hope you can get back to sleep.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My back is finally about back to normal so Tuesday I’ll give Line Dancing another try. I haven’t taken time to go over the steps we learned, so need to do that tomorrow. I like exercising at home but would enjoy the excuse to get out for some exercise once a week. I think some of the ladies in the class are working on their weight, so it would be nice to meet some people on similar journeys.

I hope each of you has a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC