Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Onigiri bento! ^_^ Oh, there's also edamame, a fish-shaped egg, and salad - which I FORGOT dressing for, so I had to choke it down dry! Blech! D:
    m0il0fqw0k9u.jpg
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Onigiri bento! ^_^ Oh, there's also edamame, a fish-shaped egg, and salad - which I FORGOT dressing for, so I had to choke it down dry! Blech! D:

Check out my avatar to see how I feel about that! ;)
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    Mini bento! ^_^

u9n3ch30z63t.jpg

It's cute! What's the green thing on the rice? On a side note, I have bento for tomorrow, I will get a pic before I snarf it down.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    Mini bento! ^_^

u9n3ch30z63t.jpg

It's cute! What's the green thing on the rice? On a side note, I have bento for tomorrow, I will get a pic before I snarf it down.

Thai eggplant? If so, delish ^_^
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @sagj your salmon flower looks delish! And super pretty :)

@Swiftlet66 what's in your mini bento?

Today's lunch was dumplings, sfir fried veggies and rice

b7c7ouwvyqph.jpg
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's lunch: rice, hamburg, carrors, broc and a bear shaped egg :)

xk40d0jegakq.jpg
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I live for baby carrots. Buzzfeed did an awesome thing on baby carrots, but just a pre-warning, it's Buzzfeed, so there's lot's of colorful language.

Love this (colorful language and all)!!!!
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lunch today! Chicken with General Tao sauce, an onigiri, grapes, blueberries, wax beans, and plain yogurt with cinnamon to dip my fruit in. Plain yogurt is a bit ... odd. I am so used to preflavored flavored kinds that I was not aware that's what yogurt by itself really tastes like.
    p15xlhg95fba.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Here's today's lunch. Jasmine/Forbidden rice mix (I have a bunch of this still in my freezer, you'll be seeing it for a while) sugar snap peas, mini peppers, italian dressing in the pot for dipping. Bottom tier is pork dumplings & some really wrinkled edamame.jz6qinyiwgj1.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Another onigiri bento! #_# Today with edamame, shrimp, pear slices, and kiwi stars/pieces
    44a6piouk2ub.jpg
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Lunch today! Chicken with General Tao sauce, an onigiri, grapes, blueberries, wax beans, and plain yogurt with cinnamon to dip my fruit in. Plain yogurt is a bit ... odd. I am so used to preflavored flavored kinds that I was not aware that's what yogurt by itself really tastes like.
    p15xlhg95fba.jpg

Plain yogurt is mega yuck. I only use it if a recipe calls for it. Vanilla is so much better. If you aren't liking it, maybe add a drop of vanilla extract to it for flavor? I'm not sure if that would work, but it could make the yogurt more pallettable.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Your dumplings look so yum!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    p15xlhg95fba.jpg

Plain yogurt is mega yuck. I only use it if a recipe calls for it. Vanilla is so much better. If you aren't liking it, maybe add a drop of vanilla extract to it for flavor? I'm not sure if that would work, but it could make the yogurt more pallettable.

I love plain Greek yoghurt, but im very picky about the brands I buy. Took me a while to find a non-tart creamy one that I liked. Try adding fresh berries to it and mooshing them about a bit in the yoghurt. It will change the flavour enough for it to be paletable enough if youre not a fan.

No bento for me today. The weather is nasty enough to call for soup, and besides, I didnt want to get out from under my heated blankie to go into the kitchen last night. Since ive lost weight I'm not cold all the time like some girls complain about, but when I do it's definitely harder to warm back up.
  • mgotravel
    mgotravel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love your idea. Thank you for sharing.
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »

I can't take total claim for them. They are made and frozen, I just cook them!

• moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options

There's still skill to cooking them up! I love crisp dumplings of all kinds. [Now I want dumplings >__<;]
  • mangrothian
    Options

I think I need to take a picture next time I make a batch of pot-stickers by hand.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lunch for tomorrow!
    x6wq122jvfma.jpg
    Leftovers of ground turkey and vegetables with some guacamole on top of some spinach, with a poorly boiled egg, cheese stick, and snap pea crisps for snacks!
  • mangrothian
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lunch for tomorrow!
    x6wq122jvfma.jpg
    Leftovers of ground turkey and vegetables with some guacamole on top of some spinach, with a poorly boiled egg, cheese stick, and snap pea crisps for snacks!

Snap pea crisps? Now that's new to me. And don't worry about the egg; most of mine are horribly peeled, but I put the nicest looking side to the surface for the picture ;)
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options

I think I need to take a picture next time I make a batch of pot-stickers by hand.

I'll make them again. These are just so tasty and so cheap. A bag of around 25-30 is only $3.50. And no messy kitchen! :tongue: