What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Donated blood today and when they asked me my weight I was happy to give the number.
    Comfortably in a men's medium shirt. I bought a unisex medium shirt on vacation as a 'maybe in a month or so' shirt and this past weekend I put it on no problem. I didn't feel the need to tug at it like I used to have to with my unisex large/XL shirts :).
    One part of the training I do at work for new hires is to go around the room and discuss hobbies and what we enjoy. I always know one of mine will be running/half marathons. This most recent group was excited to talk to me during breaks about working out and races...it felt nice having people not look at me like I was lying lol!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My weigh is lower than my drivers license, and I know I probably fibbed by 10 lbs when I got it. I just got my renewal postcard in the mail. Unfortunately I look older..... Blaugh.....
    I had a lady in my quilt guild tell me she should take a picture of me to inspire her to loose weight.
    People say things like you have lost weight, or look good, and I don't think they really get it that's it's a daily struggle for every pound you loose. And the last 15-20 lbs I have now are going to be the worst. I do feel better the last 6 months and am very happy I started logging and everything. I know I can do it, and will do it, just keep doing what I am doing and try to be as active as I can.
    Keep up the posts everyone!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on my profile, but figured I may as well share here too: I've just discovered one of the best feelings, being able to wear an 'over-sized' style top without looking like I'm just trying to 'hide my fat', i.e. it's a floaty top and I still have a visible waist! It's all worth it just for that, haha. I'm not toned at all so I have lots of wobbly bits, naked me is quite scary lol, but in clothes at least I actually have figure definition. Yay!

udq86eodkn4l.jpg

You're adorable, congrats!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've done yoga once a week for two weeks and I've already got my flexibility back to touch the floor with my legs straight. :lol:
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've done yoga once a week for two weeks and I've already got my flexibility back to touch the floor with my legs straight. :lol:

I can only do that lying down, so you are fricken awesome.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I managed a head stand during my yoga practice yesterday for the first time - super stoked! Next stop, hand stand :)
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »

I can only do that lying down, so you are fricken awesome.

Thanks! I hope to get my palms on the floor in two weeks. :wink:

I'm actually hyperflexible which means I can do a lot with my body, I just don't have the strength to hold it, hence the yoga. We're working on my weak points (my hips) like a boss.

Does anyone else have problems with inverted triangles? I feel like I'm one gust of wind away from going over. :tongue:
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV: Finished day 8 of JM 30 Day Shred. A- I really didn't feel like working out today but I did it anyway and B- this is the longest I've stuck with the program and a lot of thanks goes to my work/workout buddies who are doing the video with me :)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles today. On the treadmill. I've never run 4 miles before in my life!
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I ran 1.5 miles tonight for the second time since I started running a month ago. I cut 27 seconds of my time which I was proud of. The best part was I then immediately played 40 minutes of tennis with my fiancé after. 3 months ago I wouldn't of even played tennis without complaining. I'm also much more agile and play much harder now. It's a lot of fun now. The increases in my cardio stamina have been incredible.
  • jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The dryer shrunk some of my clothes & they fit even better now!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Seeing the difference in my face!

xqbdkj.jpg
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Yesterday I went to a department store for shopping support for my mom. i am currently a size 12, and never thought I'd be any lower than a 10 because I was too "big boned" (largest size was 18 at 250lbs)

NSV: I held up a size SIX and decided this is my new goal size. I am not big boned, I am FAT. I am down to 194 lbs at 5'11, which is great....but I am not done, like I thought I would be. I didn't think it was POSSIBLE to be that thin....and now I do!

Those size 6 pants will BE MINE!!!

NSV #2: Went to Wegmans (best supermarket ever-they have the most amazing desserts and hot bar) for snacks for our company meeting today. I chose grilled chicken with 2 sides of veggies for lunch, and chose cookies and fresh fruit for the meeting-I put a chocolate pudding pie back on the shelf-i knew I would have had a VERY large piece if I brought it back to the office...planning to have the fruit instead :D
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Benching 2 plates for 6 sets of doubles. Gains!
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Had a session with my pt today. Towards the end, as I was exhausted and shaky, I was supposed to do 20 sit up/Russian twists with a 15lb medicine ball, followed by a 1 minute plank, repeated 3 times. While he was showing me exactly how to do it, I'm thinking to myself "there's no way in hell I can do this...." Sure enough, I killed it!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    The size 18 dress pants I bought like 2 months ago are starting to slip down when I walk. My gray dress pants that used to be my "feeling skinny" dress pants that still gave me a muffin top..I'm wearing them today and you can probably fit a small turkey in the gap space in the back.
    Saturday I went shopping at TJMaxx and they had the CUTEST Betsey Johnson dress but it only went to a size 14. On a whim I figured why not, and tried it on. It zipped! Sadly I could outline every bump on my body so I didn't buy it...but that was exciting.

Lol...a small *turkey*?!? hahahaha. :D Great NSV, and love your creative wording! That is unless you actually stuffed a small turkey back there, and in that case...wth?! :#
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Down another notch in the belt :D
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just had to buy new jeans because my former "skinny" jeans were falling off!

sidenote: I tried on a pair of skinny-cut jeans while I was there for kicks and omg never ever lol Definitely a boot-cut girl.
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am wearing size 12 jeans from topshop and a size 12 vest from warehouse. That won't mean much to non UK folk but they are shops that I always dreamed of shopping in. It's well over 15 years since I was in a 12 (I was probably 13/14) and at my highest buying the odd size 20. The scales may not always be kind but I'm a lot kinder to myself these days too.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I saw my dentist for the first time once November and she nearly fell off her chair at how different I look. Delighted doesn't cover it!
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have gotten up every morning since last Wednesday at 4:30am (except Sunday took a rest day) to workout in the morning because I knew I wouldn't have time to do it in the evening. I have never I repeat NEVER been a morning person. I don't like to deal with people in the mornings let alone Jillian Michaels pushing me to the next circuit but I have done it! Probably the best part is that I actually enjoy it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!