Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

I was momentarily jealous until I realized we have these:

2449078.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

and these:

BMVanillaYogurtSmoothie.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

The vanilla ones are decent but the caramel ones are truly awesome.

Those are SO GOOD. I hate shopping at Superstore but I do like a lot of the PC products (and the points! I've gotten almost $400 in free groceries since that program started.) But the one closest to me is often like shopping in Soviet Russia with empty shelves and stuff and there's always groups of men trying to pick up women at the grocery store there, it is kind of bizarre. I was getting live lobster there a couple months ago and an Italian guy sincerely tried to invite himself home with me while I was standing in front of the tank. Just, like...inner-city weirdos, I guess, because my friends who shop there too seem to all have the same issues. It's the one thing I miss about living in suburbia, because my old Superstore was clean, stocked, and full of nice housewives in salwar kameez who were polite with their carts and didn't let their children run screaming up and down the aisles.

I, like Susie, enjoy grocery shopping, so it's a total buzzkill to do it at such a frustrating store.
    Haha! My local Superstore is well-stocked and pretty civilized - nobody has ever tried to pick me up there! Although there is an odd smell around the meat department which makes me prefer buying my meat elsewhere.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Is anyone here a really long-time MFP member? Like, a lot of years? I'm really interested in whether the zeitgeist changes over time. Right now most people are totally CICO, and those who advocate a different style of eating tend to get slammed by the cool kids (sometimes rightly, to be honest - some people have very strange ideas). I wonder whether this changes over time, and whether 'clean' eating will come back in style at some point, and the latest round of cool kids will jump hard on anyone who says a calorie is just a calorie and a sugar is just a sugar? Or if low carb might become the way to go (again)? I say this as someone who has dieted through several decades and seen food fashions come and go.

Just musing. Thoughts?

I've been on here since 2012 but I'm not sure if there have been huge changes on the threads. I do remember when I first started doing this there were a lot of threads about eat more to lose weight which I did do and it worked for me. Obviously they aren't saying to eat more than your calorie intake should be but they were saying you shouldn't be eating 1200 calories just because that seems like a good number. I was starting with 1400 but after doing research went up to about 2100 at the time. Now I'm at 1850 and still able to lose weight.

So I guess what I'm saying in response is that was the thing I remember being most popular back in 2012. I saw a lot of threads on that back then.

I find it unfortunate that people don't stress that more these days, actually.

My husband just joined MFP this week. He thinks he needs to lose 10 lbs because we saw a guy running last weekend and I made a comment about his abs. Anyhow, when he put everything in, called himself sedentary (which he's not, he walks quite a bit at work) and said he wanted to lose 1 lb per week, it gave him 1,600 calories per day. I eat around 1,800 and lose. I helped him get his set up, but everybody doesn't have a calorie counting freak for a wife.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

I was momentarily jealous until I realized we have these:

2449078.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

and these:

BMVanillaYogurtSmoothie.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

The vanilla ones are decent but the caramel ones are truly awesome.

Those are SO GOOD. I hate shopping at Superstore but I do like a lot of the PC products (and the points! I've gotten almost $400 in free groceries since that program started.) But the one closest to me is often like shopping in Soviet Russia with empty shelves and stuff and there's always groups of men trying to pick up women at the grocery store there, it is kind of bizarre. I was getting live lobster there a couple months ago and an Italian guy sincerely tried to invite himself home with me while I was standing in front of the tank. Just, like...inner-city weirdos, I guess, because my friends who shop there too seem to all have the same issues. It's the one thing I miss about living in suburbia, because my old Superstore was clean, stocked, and full of nice housewives in salwar kameez who were polite with their carts and didn't let their children run screaming up and down the aisles.

I, like Susie, enjoy grocery shopping, so it's a total buzzkill to do it at such a frustrating store.
    Haha! My local Superstore is well-stocked and pretty civilized - nobody has ever tried to pick me up there! Although there is an odd smell around the meat department which makes me prefer buying my meat elsewhere.

My nearby one is in a pretty shady area just outside the downtown proper, so it's...just not ideal. Sad stuff like homeless people buying mouthwash and that kind of thing too, but the lobster story is at least funny so I stick with that when I'm complaining about the place, usually.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

Being able to walk is nice, but sometimes I'd like to have an excuse to drive when it's forty below, haha. But parking in my office tower is $50/day if you don't have a monthly pass (which is...similarly obscene) so I only do it when I have to bring something large home and can expense it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I'm definitely planning on joining! Any good apps to help with training for newbies? ;)

That I don't know. Runtastic will track pace and distance they may have training plans too...

I bought the RunDouble C25k app when I first started running (around $4, I think). It has more advanced training plans included (5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon plans as well as intervals and fun runs of whatever distance or time you choose) and tracks distance and pace. I've been happy with it.

You can also use free apps like MapMyRun or Strava for tracking distance and pace. There are tons of free training plans online, you just have to search a little and figure out what will fit you best.

Have fun!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

Cool. I'm big on privacy (don't have twitter/facebook etc) so I'm always nervous about posting pictures online. Now, I'm thinking about posting some later. :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here a really long-time MFP member? Like, a lot of years? I'm really interested in whether the zeitgeist changes over time. Right now most people are totally CICO, and those who advocate a different style of eating tend to get slammed by the cool kids (sometimes rightly, to be honest - some people have very strange ideas). I wonder whether this changes over time, and whether 'clean' eating will come back in style at some point, and the latest round of cool kids will jump hard on anyone who says a calorie is just a calorie and a sugar is just a sugar? Or if low carb might become the way to go (again)? I say this as someone who has dieted through several decades and seen food fashions come and go.

Just musing. Thoughts?

I've had an account since 2012, but didn't really venture into the forums until last year. Then I took several months off until coming back at the beginning of 2015. I don't remember what people were pushing last year, but I also don't remember people being as nasty then as they can be now.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Confession: last night I watched Ice Princess in the full knowledge that the movie would make me angry. And it did. Oh, it did. I was raging bigtime.

Then I made the mistake of the internet and got even more ragey. Apparently figure skaters just need to "get over" the complete inaccuracies and the woeful depiction of our sport.

Open parody like Blades of Glory I can handle. Stupid rubbish like Ice Princess I cannot.

I hear ya- as a former gymnast movies like Stick It made me want to hit someone.

I love that movie so much. (non-gymnast though so I just think it's hilarious)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.

Yay! There are even walks and runs for people with dogs. And ones where you can dress up as fun things. They aren't all 'serious' runs! Go for it!

I am doing a 5K on July 25 that's called Dashing Divas (it was supposed to be a fun thing to do with coworkers, but I'm the only one that signed up). From my understanding people can wear tiaras & feather boas and you get a sparkly pink finisher's medal. I'm not sure I'm going to dress up at all, but I am excited about the medal!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I may be the only one this appeals to - but I was excited about this!

There is now a seaweed that when fried tastes like bacon.
    http://oregonprogress.oregonstate.edu/summer-2015/next-big-thing-sea-vegetables

@nonoelmo I'm an OSU alum. And today is a proud, proud day. Hee hee

I got really excited when I saw OSU and then quickly realized you weren't talking about my OSU :(

Oh!! Hahaha! I'm from the pacific northwest, so there's only one "OSU" here. Ohio? Oklahoma? Nope... only Oregon State. Sorry @LBuehrle8 !! I know you're passionate about your OSU, too!
  • Tararenee3913
    Tararenee3913 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I hope that you have been able to get break through. 6 years is a long time to feel that way. I hope you find a good therapist. There is NO shame in therapy. Everyone needs it sometimes, even if they won't admit it. Take care of yourself. I know that must have been hard to share, and you wrote it a long time ago, so I hope this finds you feeling much better.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

nonoelmo wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    welcome to another episode of post date update! :)

monday -

really nice dude had date number 4!
    very low key, some beverages and a bunch of talking. talked about personal stuffs, like very bonding type of conversations. i really like this guy. i'm trying not to get overly excited, but i think this dude is awesome.

tuesday -

ok, remember the dude from a week ago that i said was extremely effeminate, constantly talked over me, and if he were gay he could totally be my bff? went out with him again, as per many suggestions...first date nerves and whatnot.... exactly the same! perpetually "on," constantly mocked the waitresses (which kinda drives me nuts), and to completely wreck the evening, awkwardly made me pay for EVERYTHING. apparently i "owed" him. i decided to call it a night around 8:30ish (which literally has never happened).

*here is where i potentially destroy everything*

so even in calling it a night at 8:30, i was kinda drunk, and really depressed about the whole evening. so what does my dumb butt do? i text super nice boy all whiney and emo. go over to his place and tell him all about my craptastical night. he's still very sweet and understanding, he makes me coffee and then gives me water. we chat for a while, and eventually call it a night. and the entire time i'm there i'm thinking wth am i doing? this is total self sabotage, i'm ruining everything!

he texted me this morning to make sure i was ok and see if i was feeling better. so yeah, still like the best dude ever. but i'm very worried that i totally wrecked everything. :(

Hopefully he will be understanding. :( Sorry you had a bad night.

@KylerJaye - deep breath and relax. Worrying about it won't do anything. Leave the next move to the good dude. I would suggest putting some "rules of thumb" or boundaries into place for yourself. Just my suggestions (and I have been known to self-sabotage!!) (1) suggested rule of thumb - don't talk to anyone you are dating about anyone else you go on a date with. Would you want to hear about great dude's other dates if there are any? (2) No contacting while drunk. It just works out better that way.

Many hugs to you. I don't think you've ruined anything but if that was enough to scare a dude away then let him go and a better one will come along. REALLY. I love your updates.
    ETA - I see @peleroja and I have opposite advice about contacting dude. Here is the great thing - Just be yourself in this. If it is "you" to contact then do it. If it is not "you" to contact then don't.

While I am completely myself with my SO, because why would I want to be anyone else?, I took my time letting him get to know all my goofiness and quirks. I also let him do 90% of the contacting - and we are 1.5 years into a great relationship. Can I contact him? Of course, anytime and it would not negatively impact the relationship. On the other-hand, I like him making the effort to call me every night and him making *most* of the plans. I throw out suggestions and we usually do them too. However after a long marriage to a man who could not plan his way out of a paperbag I'm loving a man who can and does make the effort to get together with me. When we go somewhere for a weekend I usually pay for breakfast or lunch and he gets dinner. My budget is way less than his yet he loves when I pick up a tab now and then. He buys me a fancy dinner and drinks and I buy him a burger. :wink:

This sounds like my relationship too...I will buy lunch or something but he always pays for dinner and drinks.

I might just be a little too I-am-woman-hear-me-roar on this one, but for my own relationships, I don't think expecting a guy to do 90% of the work is really fair. I've always tried to meet men halfway and participate equally in things like plan-making and dinner-buying. But I think a lot of that is just personality and expectations of how you expect the relationship to continue, you know? My husband and I are really big on the equal-financial-partners, take-turns-paying thing because we have similar incomes and I feel icky about expecting that kind of thing from him because he's a man (on the same note, I said no to an expensive engagement ring because I didn't want him to spending more money on me than I'd be willing to spend on myself...) But...different strokes, right? As long as you both have the same expectations you get to make your own rules.

Yep, this is/was me, too. I was split things at first, and then took turns buying once we were together. I get pretty feisty about expected gender roles, but hey whatever works for you, works for you.

@Glinda1971 Ditto on the rings! My band was $100 at a pawn shop :) (we also had a courtroom wedding - we're not especially romantic).

6h7nt2a8oau3.jpg

I don't wear diamonds for several reasons, so I chose an untreated aquamarine (his birthstone) from Etsy. Was under $200 and the wedding band under $50 as they're both silver, not white gold (didn't want to have to deal with replating and stuff.) I'm not a big jewelry girl in general though - I have two pairs of earrings (silver hoops and some black pearls) and two pendants (both just Swarowski) that I wear regularly and that's it. I'm a cheap date ;)

I'm a cheap wife. ;) I hate fancy jewelry, fancy clothes, name brand purses, etc. I can't stand the lot of them, and I hate spending money on anything that I feel is impractical or silly (I fully admit that I place all kinds of precious stones and jewelry in this category. I may not actually be female...). I don't care to own more than one pair of hardy, functional shoes, and I buy generic clothing/purses only when my old ones are so worn out that I look raggedy. I still wear t-shirts that I owned when I was twelve, and they were hand-me-downs back then!

As for wedding rings, our wedding rings are made of titanium, because we wanted something really unique and I didn't want gold. We bought matching patterns and had the inside engraved with special messages. :) These are our rings:

Mine:
    n7953jkz9ml0.png

His:
    2287ndyoz0c8.png

I love your rings and what you said about maybe not actually being female. Funny.

• ShibaEars
    Options
    So for those of you who remember my "trying to get back into grad school" dilemma, I was accepted to the MS program! Taking 2 classes this Fall, already rented my textbook ahead of time for one class so I can read ahead (yes I'm a nerd, why do you ask?!) and DH is actually 100% supportive of me. No "bait and switch", no lack of follow through, he actually thinks I should do it. One class is a Statistics course and one is on Application Security (computer nerds rule! lol)

Oh and I almost forgot- I have a job booked for this weekend! (Bridal party of 6- I do makeup freelance and I'm super busy in the summer) Bringing snacks with me but I'll be busy until at least 1 pm, I think. Lots of coffee. Gonna try to stay active and get my steps in- you guys are crushing the Fitbit challenge so I gotta step it up! I'm doing well if I get in 12.5k, some of you guys are doing double that and it's so awesome! Wish I could lol
    Wow, you are a busy lady! Congratulations on getting into the MS program - that's a great achievement, and I'm pleased to hear that DH is behind you on this.

I don't suppose you can post pics of the bridal party..? Maybe in the group?

I was wondering this as well. I can't do makeup to save my life, so I love seeing other people's well done makeup :smile:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Your rings are gorgeous!

I don't really wear much jewelry. I have a pair of small white gold earrings my parents gave me when I was about 15 that I just leave in all the time. And I have a nose stud that also just stays in all the time. I do LOVE watches though, and have two that I alternate between (except for when I'm using my fitbit).

I love the idea of jewelry and bought a bunch of necklaces when my friend was selling Stella & Dot stuff, but then I forget to put them on. I also love bracelets & rings on other people, but can't stand them on myself. They spin and get in the way and drive me crazy. It's a good thing I'm not engaged or married, because I'm not sure I could keep a ring on for longer than a couple hours!

ETA: This is a picture of my favorite watch. I bought it as a gift to myself after getting my heart broken last year. Totally worth it and it still cheers me up :smiley:

51ogekq891xv.jpg

I LOVE that watch @ShibaEars .

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    My nearby one is in a pretty shady area just outside the downtown proper, so it's...just not ideal. Sad stuff like homeless people buying mouthwash and that kind of thing too, but the lobster story is at least funny so I stick with that when I'm complaining about the place, usually.

That reminded me of my [alcoholic] mother's horror when she learned that the scruffy-looking fellow buying cheap aftershave in line ahead of her at the drugstore was not doing so in order to go home and clean up.

My closest Superstore is decent, normally clean and well-stocked, other than a tendency to run out of Aerius whenever it goes on sale... but I'm not a happy grocery shopper anyway. And it's massive so I get annoyed when I realize I've forgotten something critical at the far end of the store and I'm in high heels.
    My husband just joined MFP this week. He thinks he needs to lose 10 lbs because we saw a guy running last weekend and I made a comment about his abs. Anyhow, when he put everything in, called himself sedentary (which he's not, he walks quite a bit at work) and said he wanted to lose 1 lb per week, it gave him 1,600 calories per day. I eat around 1,800 and lose. I helped him get his set up, but everybody doesn't have a calorie counting freak for a wife.

My SO once looked at some weight loss site that gave him something like 1,900 a day to lose... and he's 6'9, with about 30 - 40 lbs he'd like to lose. No wonder the poor guy hasn't actually made any effort to adjust his diet since then.

I have no idea what online calculator he was using because I was in the other room and he was just reading stuff out to me at random. I just commented that I thought that sounded a bit low for his height.
  • baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I never log my alcohol. Usually I only drink about three nights a week, but it's always quite a lot... I tell myself it's okay not to log it because I never eat more than 1100 calories a day and I'm still losing.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

Cool. I'm big on privacy (don't have twitter/facebook etc) so I'm always nervous about posting pictures online. Now, I'm thinking about posting some later. :)

I don't have facebook or twitter either!! I thought I was the only one!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 Awesome accomplishment!

I'll have to look back at my miles. I've been tracking on MapMyRide almost from when I started riding 3 years ago. Although some of my runs are in the mix also. I also have been on Strava for about a year because most of the girls I ride with use it.

I wish it was safe for me to ride to work, but I'm not going to fight that traffic! I'm hoping the local greenway will expand out my way so I can commute.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    So, we just booked a family vacation for next week! Eeeee!

We were planning a road trip, but when we did the math (2 x hotel rooms for 7 nights, gas, food, entertainment/shopping for 5 people) we figured it would probably actually cost less to fly somewhere, so we're heading down Mexico way instead.

Am now seriously back on the wagon, because an all-inclusive week will not be good news for my weight. Good news is my bikini bottoms from my March trip are now too big and I was able to get a size smaller to match the top, which still fits ok. Bad news is I went shopping for a little sundress or something to wear to and from the beach but bought a pair of beige suede kitten-heeled ankle boots instead.

I don't understand the first part coupled with the second part...

• Just_Ceci
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Another busy day on the boards!! The scary stories are really giving me chills and I love horror stories (big Stephen King fan here <3 ). I have no idea what to do for my husband for our anniversary this year. We have had so much other stuff going on that is finally over, we haven't bothered to plan a vacation. This year is ten years, so not sure what I should do. We are supposed to go do something this weekend, but not sure what. I may just banish the kids and sit on my butt at home with him.

For our tenth, we went to a little b&b in Oklahoma about 4 hours away. We spent a few days down there and it was absolutely amazing and not expensive at all. The b&b was next to a national forest, so we spent a lot of time hiking and enjoying the natural springs.

Whatever you do, just make sure to enjoy it. Congratulations!

Last minute plans have been made to go to New Braunfels and visit Gruene Hall. One of my favorite Texas red dirt bands is playing the hall on Saturday. We head out after work and I am excited!! We haven't done a road trip in a while.

<3