Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    We will definitely be unstoppable lol!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    And I'm totally losing weight to be hot. No lie!
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    DiddleOnTheRun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Could a night lab tech join your group, I I I have lime green co-flex bandages....and I LOVE LOVE pink pens!!!
    You're in!

Wait wait wait...not sooooo fast. Are they water resistant/proof? If so....welcome aboard.

Most definately waterproof!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    Then you're in. :smile:
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    Thanks Team! :)
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    This being up days is for the birds. All I want to do is take a nap. 17 hours to go and I'm done.

How do you manage? If I might inquire?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I've already lost enough that it shouldn't affect my health, now I just wanna know what's it's like to be hot!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I've already lost enough that it shouldn't affect my health, now I just wanna know what's it's like to be hot!

And MY definition of hot. Not necessarily society's current definition.
    I want a body similar to Michelle Lewin eventually.

wuuxrcn09b0i.jpg

Fake boobs and all!(Although I doubt I will need them since mine have gone NOWHERE since I've started losing.. :grumble:)

I know it's going to take a LOT of time and a LOT of work but I have a goal and a plan*!

*Note: This plan will not get in the way of any and all plans for World Domination.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Oh man I wish I could look like that! I'm pretty sure I would not be able to tolerate keeping my body fat that low, though. But girl can dream, I suppose...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    This being up days is for the birds. All I want to do is take a nap. 17 hours to go and I'm done.

How do you manage? If I might inquire?

I run 62 hour shifts on the weekends. It requires an occasional nap and lots of caffeine. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have been pondering something for a while @Frankie_Felinius. Do comfortable high heels exist, or do you just get used to the suffering?
    I'm a sucker for some cute heels but 4 hours is generally the max I can suffer through a pair. I can MAYBE pull 6 hours if I'm focused on something else or have a nice alcohol buzz going.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have been pondering something for a while @Frankie_Felinius. Do comfortable high heels exist, or do you just get used to the suffering?
    I'm a sucker for some cute heels but 4 hours is generally the max I can suffer through a pair. I can MAYBE pull 6 hours if I'm focused on something else or have a nice alcohol buzz going.

I 'd like to know, too. I always assumed it's something you learn to suffer through?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I just got used to the pain. I have some that are more comfortable than others. Some I couldn't stand more than hour in. I have a few pairs that are my "show shoes". I'll wear those puppies all day all night...walking around a city, dancing like a nutjob at the show...but by the end...I'm in pain. But those same shoes, for like, a few hours out, are pretty damn comfy. They aren't the highest and most are rather simple (plain matte black, plain matte white, plain patent teal, plain patent pink)...but some times I'd rather have minor discomfort than full on pain!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I guess it is like wearing a bra, wearing spanx, wearing a corset, wearing a thong, waxing body/facial hair, plucking your brows, tattoos etc. You get desensitized to that kind of stuff. When you first do any of that stuff...it is weird and/or painful/uncomfortable but you get used to it after awhile.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Oh yeah, even when I weighed 140lbs, my thighs touched. I'm pretty sure even if and when I get my weight off, I'll still be curvy. Totally okay with me!!

• BodyByBex
    Options
    Oh yeah, even when I weighed 140lbs, my thighs touched. I'm pretty sure even if and when I get my weight off, I'll still be curvy. Totally okay with me!!

I weighed that my freshman year of high school and I had the beginnings of abs showing and I never really appreciated it. :tired_face:
    I attribute that to the military style training of ROTC and my love of high protein sub sandwiches. :grin:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I guess it is like wearing a bra, wearing spanx, wearing a corset, wearing a thong, waxing body/facial hair, plucking your brows, tattoos etc. You get desensitized to that kind of stuff. When you first do any of that stuff...it is weird and/or painful/uncomfortable but you get used to it after awhile.

So I have to WEAR my heels often to get accustomed to the pain so that I don't feel it as much.

Like walking around for 16-18 hours working as a waitress. A few weeks in, I couldn't even feel my feet until I got off them at the end of the day. :blush:
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Please explain to me why I become INSATIABLY hungry after a super intense workout. I'm like, "Calorie deficit body, we got this." and my body is screaming "FOOD! MOAR FOOD!"
    I just don't understand it. Everything was FINE yesterday, GOD forbid I weight lift, then my body just wants food. ALL the foods! :neutral:

ETA: Clarification, my workout was hours ago at about 7:30-9pm last night and had my protein shake after. I brought my normal lunch and snacks(these I can often go without). I have eaten ALL of it. I've had 60oz of water over the course of the night since the workout and I've managed to snatch a piece of bread with peanut butter on it. After the bread and peanut butter I don't feel 'famished' anymore but I am still hungry....UGH!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    makes sense actually. After a super intense workout your muscles have consumed massive amounts of energy. If you don't feed them they being to tear apart your body for the energy they need. The little mitochondria are working overtime. Right after a workout you need to consume something that will satisfy both the need for protien to build muscles and the carbohydrates to meet the immediate energy needs. A ratio of 3:1 Protien to Carbohydrate is usually good. Muscle Milk for example. There are lots of recovery drinks out there but that's just one example. If you don't do that, your body enters in to "Starvation" mode where it is looking to bank energy for the next time you do that to yourself. That means the next day or later the same day you will be craving carbs and protein.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    makes sense actually. After a super intense workout your muscles have consumed massive amounts of energy. If you don't feed them they being to tear apart your body for the energy they need. The little mitochondria are working overtime. Right after a workout you need to consume something that will satisfy both the need for protien to build muscles and the carbohydrates to meet the immediate energy needs. A ratio of 3:1 Protien to Carbohydrate is usually good. Muscle Milk for example. There are lots of recovery drinks out there but that's just one example. If you don't do that, your body enters in to "Starvation" mode where it is looking to bank energy for the next time you do that to yourself. That means the next day or later the same day you will be craving carbs and protein.

Explains why the carrots just weren't cutting it... :grumble: