You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited July 2015
    I become hungry/thirsty, only an hour or two before; I am about to weigh/measure myself & force myself, to wait until after.

Also make sure that my bladder is empty or wait until after I move my bowels, if it's only approximately a few minutes; before I weigh/measure myself.
  • CasiThyme
    CasiThyme Posts: 1 Member
    Soopatt wrote: »
    (this one is awkward, so if you are a prude look away now)

You wonder at the caloric implications of err.. certain bedroom activities...

I actually found a website of calories burned for those type of cardio activities. **blush**
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When your food scale breaks and you get irrationally sad and annoyed that you won't be able to log accurately for two days until Amazon delivers the new one you ordered.

(Me today! :s )

When it happened to me I ran to the store to buy one before dinner, lol.

Lol, I was considering it!! Looked up a few online at Target etc. but the ones I saw on Amazon had much better reviews and were cheaper too. So I'm waiting. Impatiently :p
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    When you eat before you go to a restaurant and then only order a diet soda at said restaurant or bring food with you to the restaurant because . . . you know, you just can't. Guilty, and guilty. Sad face.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,540 Member
    Soopatt wrote: »
    (this one is awkward, so if you are a prude look away now)
    You wonder at the caloric implications of err.. certain bedroom activities...

No need to wonder, science to the rescue: https://sites.google.com/site/compendiumofphysicalactivities/Activity-Categories/sexual-activity
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When your food scale breaks and you get irrationally sad and annoyed that you won't be able to log accurately for two days until Amazon delivers the new one you ordered.

(Me today! :s )

When it happened to me I ran to the store to buy one before dinner, lol.

When you have a back up food scale juuuuuust in case.

• PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    When I lick the yogurt off the pull off foil lid.

Those are my calories and if I have to log them...I'm going to eat every last one of them.

This is so me.
  • Jutsunomiya
    Jutsunomiya Posts: 4 Member
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    when you weigh your cherries, eat them, and then weigh the leftover stems and seeds because the calories for the extra 5 grams is very important.

Yes! But I now use a cherry potter and weigh the little doughnut hole cherries!!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

You obviously haven't thought of keeping a usb charger base in your bathroom and plugging it in when you're in the shower ;p

Being able to stop at 2 or 3 slices of pizza instead of automatically eating the whole thing.
  • Magenta529
    Magenta529 Posts: 100 Member
    When you log into MFP after midnight every night, just to make sure you don't lose your streak if you get busy the next day.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    You notice that over time you see your body as a chemistry set more than just something you shovel food into

I talk about what I'm going to eat for lunch based on my workout after work. Coworkers look at me like I just stepped off a UFO.

• linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    When you decide to take a rest day so you only walk 10,000 steps

Indeed. Additionally, forgetting to wear your Fitbit seems like a tragedy of epic proportions.

I did this on Monday - it was like Monday didn't even exist to me anymore!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I do a lot of this stuff and have been told by MFPers I have disordered eating. Is it because I do it in public?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    I do a lot of this stuff and have been told by MFPers I have disordered eating. Is it because I do it in public?

They're crazy. We're the sane ones. Duh.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    tibby531 wrote: »
    when there's a stack of empty food wrappers next to the trash, because your partner didn't know which barcodes you needed to scan in for recipes before throwing them away.

quote]

Mine does this, it's so sweet.